SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Yeahhhhh. Private rocket launches are so boring and mundane nowadays. Only landings, very important interplanetary missions or test flights of new  vessels bring any attention.

Huh. Who would think it could  ever happen...

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Scotius said:

Yeahhhhh. Private rocket launches are so boring and mundane nowadays. Only landings, very important interplanetary missions or test flights of new  vessels bring any attention.

Huh. Who would think it could  ever happen...

:lol:

A double-edged sword, this is... -_-

On 6/2/2018 at 3:49 PM, tater said:

Ready to be dropped into a DK book, lol. Nicely done.

Give the artist a medal!

A friend said "Did you hear, the Red Roadster crash back down and Elon said it's a bad week"... I said "It can't 'fall' back down... they did not belive me because "the news headline said... even though I never read it properly, but it *must* have fallen*".

Why do people act so ignorant? ;.;

Edited by Technical Ben

1 hour ago, Technical Ben said:

A friend said "Did you hear, the Red Roadster crash back down and Elon said it's a bad week"... I said "It can't 'fall' back down... they did not belive me because "the news headline said... even though I never read it properly, but it *must* have fallen*".

Why do people act so ignorant? ;.;

https://www.space.com/40765-malala-elon-musk-spacex-tesla-twitter-response.html

On 6/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, Scotius said:

I wonder if there's a storm cellar somewhere

Space is vacuum. No rains, no storms.

On 6/3/2018 at 10:28 AM, Scotius said:

there is something looking like a circular tank wrapped around the bridge - RCS fuel, oxygen reserve, extra water?

Yes.

Spoiler

They have batteries and can into electrolysis.

P.S.
I can't see a gym. Do they have a gym?

Edited by kerbiloid

News, apparently.

https://www.cnet.com/news/spacex-delays-plans-to-send-space-tourists-to-circle-moon/

SpaceX will reportedly no longer be sending a pair of space tourists to circle the moon this year.

The flight -- set up by the rocket company founded by billionaire Elon Musk -- was scheduled for late 2018, but this has been delayed, according to The Wall Street Journal.

28 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

News, apparently.

https://www.cnet.com/news/spacex-delays-plans-to-send-space-tourists-to-circle-moon/

SpaceX will reportedly no longer be sending a pair of space tourists to circle the moon this year.

The flight -- set up by the rocket company founded by billionaire Elon Musk -- was scheduled for late 2018, but this has been delayed, according to The Wall Street Journal.

We already knew that the flight has *probably* been bumped to BFR, unless it is delayed by more than a few years.

1 minute ago, Ultimate Steve said:

We already knew that the flight has *probably* been bumped to BFR, unless it is delayed by more than a few years.

That's why I said "apparently". I was surprised that the delay was in the news. Somehow I thought we already knew that.

18 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

That's why I said "apparently". I was surprised that the delay was in the news. Somehow I thought we already knew that.

I think we all already knew, but I guess Mr/Mrs J. Average member of the public has heard no official announcement on the subject from SpaceX since they announced they were going to do it.

55 minutes ago, Steel said:

I guess Mr/Mrs J. Average member of the public has heard no official announcement on the subject from SpaceX since they announced they were going to do it.

Sure, but Mr/Mrs J. Average member of the public also doesn't care about space exploration.

3 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

Mr/Mrs J Average does care about trips to the moon.

We did that in 1969, but now it's 2018. The average person probably doesn't even know that space travel is still a thing that regularly happens.

1 minute ago, Delay said:

We did that in 1969, but now it's 2018. The average person probably doesn't even know that space travel is still a thing that regularly happens.

Of course they do.

They know GPS, satellite TV, satellite weather photos, the Hubble, military spy satellites, and the space station. Just because they don't care about space station servicing missions or whether there is a delay in launching some weather sat for Bangladesh doesn't mean they are unaware of space stuff. They may not know a Falcon from a Long March or an Atlas from a Delta, but they do know the moon.