UomoCapra

Kerbal Space Program update 1.3 Grand Discussion thread.

437 posts in this topic

I think MP has been moved towards the backburner a long time ago.

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

The OP lists the four languages for which this release has added support.

Oh, saw it just now. That's a weird selection of languages. Aside from spanish, it's like the most tricky languages to implement you could ask for. Weird there is no german, which is one of the biggest pc markets in the world, or french.

First 15 minutes:  Yay new update!  This is gonna be awesome!  Asteroid day in stock!  Terrain seams fixed!  Various other bug fixes!

After 15 minutes:  Closes game.  Goes into cryogenic chamber until mods are updated.

1 hour ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I provided a response to your requests demands, if your going to simply respond through sarcasm, then clearly there is nothing more I need to say.

To be fair, I read his post as sarcasm.

5 people like this

9 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

What?! I can assume Squad intends to remedy this sometime soon.

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

To be fair, I read his post as sarcasm.

The initial post smelt of Squad hating to me, but sometimes I miss things.

10 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

The OP lists the four languages for which this release has added support.

Possibly? Other language support for future versions has been mentioned but I don't think specific ones have been determined yet.

They will likely add them in bursts for... reasons.

33 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Uh oh. X no longer cancels time warp? Is that a bug or a new feature? If it's the latter, I'm not diggin' it. ;.;

X never cancelled time-warp in the stock game, it's a KAC feature. Use / to cut time-warp in stock.

3 people like this

35 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

The loading bar, all the menus, everything looks crisper. And check out the fuel levels for engines in the staging. Looks like everything got a bit of an upgrade. I'm diggin' it. :)

Uh oh. X no longer cancels time warp? Is that a bug or a new feature? If it's the latter, I'm not diggin' it. ;.;

It's been / (slash) to cancel timewarp for a long time now. You can set it back to X if you want in the settings.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

The initial post smelt of Squad hating to me, but sometimes I miss things.

Sure.  Maybe a little.  ...but a little gallows humor should be allowed.  I've given up hope on any of the said features ever being stock, despite thinking they should be.

36 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

You can just rebind it to x in options.

1 person likes this

I guess I'll be keeping 1.2.2 until all my mods get updated.  Otherwise I will loose all my ships out on mission.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, klgraham1013 said:

Sure.  Maybe a little.  ...but a little gallows humor should be allowed.  I've given up hope on any of the said features ever being stock, despite thinking they should be.

Well give Squad time to get back on their feet. Only lost all but ~3 developers. Takes man power to get things down after all.

1 person likes this

Just now, Gaarst said:

X never cancelled time-warp in the stock game, it's a KAC feature. Use / to cut time-warp in stock.

Wow. How crazy is that? My only mod ;.; It's been telling me it had an update for a while, but I haven't yet (cuz I'm lazy). Feelin' pretty stupid. Thanks for the info.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Rayden said:

I guess I'll be keeping 1.2.2 until all my mods get updated.  Otherwise I will loose all my ships out on mission.

Yup, seems like there are whole bunch of API-changes and improvements. Gut Ding braucht Weil :^)

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix Radiators on Asteroids.
* Fix Drill status on Asteroids.

Could someone from @SQUAD please elaborate on this a little, especially the fix pertaining to the drills? Thank you!

yay! I already got to orbit in 1.3!

do I get an award?

but on topic

the UI looks really nice apparently

Posted (edited)

Dayumn, boiz. So much hate in steam comments. Like they don't even read the whole article. Everyone's complaining 'bout the localization. Like it's the end of the world and their favourite mods won't update to current version... Jeeeez...
Anyways,nice to see you're still polishing the game. Awaiting for Making History (?how looong?)

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Keep it clean, please.

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Could someone from @SQUAD please elaborate on this a little, especially the fix pertaining to the drills? Thank you!

Never ran into it myself, but supposedly drills would overheat when drilling asteroids.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Never ran into it myself, but supposedly drills would overheat when drilling asteroids.

Oh? That's something I didn't have a problem with. My problem was the actual asteroid surface being lower than what it appeared,and my smaller drills not always hitting something. Oh well, i remember seeing it on the bug list somewhere, so hopefully it'll get figured out.

Edited by Just Jim
1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

The loading bar, all the menus, everything looks crisper. And check out the fuel levels for engines in the staging. Looks like everything got a bit of an upgrade. I'm diggin' it. :)

That comes from KAC.:wink:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Oh? That's something I didn't have a problem with. My problem was the actual asteroid surface being lower than what it appeared,and my smaller drills not always hitting something. Oh well, i remember seeing it on the bug list somewhere, so hopefully it'll get figured out.

Yes, that was basically the drill bug. It would say "No Contact" sometimes, and would drill anyway. And overheat. Or sometimes refuse to drill.

Edited by bewing

Merged in another thread. We don't need separate threads for individual thoughts about the update, thanks.

Just now, bewing said:

Yes, that was basically the drill bug. It would say "No Contact" sometimes, and would drill anyway. And overheat.

Oh, OK!  Do you know if the surfaces align better now?

Just now, Just Jim said:

Oh, OK!  Do you know if the surfaces align better now?

They should. Some work was done on that.

1 person likes this

Just now, bewing said:

They should. Some work was done on that.

Oh???? Wow!!!  For reasons I can't really say because of Emiko Station (spoilers)... that is HUGE news for me!!!  :D

Everything else at this point in the update is just icing on the cake... this is what I really needed all along!!!

I can't wait for my mods to update so I can test it out!!!  

Thank you!!! :cool:

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Nightside said:

That comes from KAC.:wink:

Yeah, there should be a dunce cap emoji. :huh:

1 person likes this