[1.12.3] Knes 1.9.9

Well

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mixing fuel changing mods is never a good idea, but a solution if you want to do this is to go into the fuel switch mod you want to take control and add :Final to its MM patches.  Do note this may still result in weird behavior so good knowledge of MM is recommended.  Also, any changes that are hard coded in a dll can not be changed with MM

• 2 months later...

I have noticed some inconsistencies in the TweakScale configs for this mod.  I know @Well has mentioned in the past that he doesn't really use TweakScale himself and never really liked making changes to the TweakScale configs.  Totally understandable, but last night I decided to make some fixes myself and I figured I might as well share them here for others.   Basically they are mostly adjustments to "defaultScale" to correct incorrect values, though some had a "type" change as well to be more in line with common TweakScale conventions.  I should note that there are several engines/boosters included in Knes that have larger diameters at the end of their shrouds, but I left the defaultScale values matching the other end because it just didn't seem to make sense to set a defaultScale to match a diameter that is invisible unless the engine is part of an upper stage.  It isn't super important whichever way you set it, but for me, I like that initial scale value that appears in the PAW to have some resemblance to what the part physically looks like, though in this case it does fly in the face of the "standard" TweakScale convention of setting the defaultScale to match the diameter of the largest end of a part.

Additionally, I added TweakScale support to the parts that were missing it.  I believe that every part in Knes will now have TweakScale support when my patch is applied.

Lastly, the process of updating these made me also realize that the titles of both SafeSystem parts are swapped by default, so I made a little patch to correct that, too.  This affected all three localizations, but the patch corrects all cases.

To use these patches, just create a new .cfg file in your Gamedata folder called whatever you want and paste the information below into it and save it.  Do NOT delete the "official" TweakScale patches from your Knes folder.  These supplement/correct those.  They do NOT replace them.

NOTE 1: Because this could affect previously saved craft, I do not recommend using these updated configs unless you are using a new save.

NOTE 2: I have done my best on this pass to catch any of the parts I personally missed correcting, but I cannot guarantee that there might be something missing or incorrect somewhere.  Caught myself making mistakes a few times and though I think it is about perfect now, I could be wrong.

NOTE 3: I have completely ignored the part Dual Payload Adapter K-375 "Kylda" purposefully and left it as is, though I do feel that the defaultScale is probably incorrect.  It is such an odd part that I don't even know how to handle it.  The "official" Knes TweakScale support for the part will just have to stand as is.

NOTE 4: Knes could use a corrections pass on "bulkHeadProfiles" as well.  I may do something similar for that as well at some point.  Being that Knes is my absolute favorite mod of all time, I cannot help but want to see it perfect, even if it is only my idea of perfect.  But it never hurts to share with others.

Knes TweakScale Fixes/Additions

// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Knes TweakScale "defaultScale" Fixes
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@PART[_Knes_Utility_Adapter_09375_0625]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // L-07 "Racoon" Service Module
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Station_Module_EndCap_0625]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Adapter K-0625 "Inori"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Structural_Adapter_09375_0625]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Adapter 0.625 0.9375 "Zoe"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Structural_Adapter_125_09375]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Adapter K-0125 "Caroline"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Station_Module_EndCap_09375]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Adapter K-09375 "Betsy"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Station_Module_EndCap_Small_0625]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Adapter KB-0625 "Maia"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Cora_Adapter_125_09375]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Adapter K-09375 "Both"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Cora_Adapter_1875_125]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Adapter K-125 "Kiss"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.875
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_L3S_H4]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // H4 "Thor" Fuel Tanks
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.875
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_L3S_HM4_Engine]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // HM4 "Themis" Cryogenic Engine
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Structural_Kylda_125]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Payload Adapter K-125 "Kylda"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Utility_SafeSystem]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // SafeSystem 1.875 / 2.5 Abort Adapter
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 2.5
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Cargo_Pod_09375]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Cargo Pod "Minotaur"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Crew_Pod_09375]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Command Pod "Viking"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Mireille_LFO_short_09375]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // M-09 "Cassis" FuelTank
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Mireille_LFO_medium_09375]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // M-09 "Myrtille" FuelTank
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Mireille_LFO_long_09375]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // M-09 "Mirabelle" FuelTank
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Vesta_FuelTank_0625_3125]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // LRBA-FT "Hunger" Fuel Tank
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.625
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_L3S_AR4_Avionics]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Probe Core AR4 "Baudry" Avionics System
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 3.75
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_L3S_Engine_Viking5]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // L3S "Viking 5" Liquid Fuel Engine
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[Knes_EscapeTower_Small]:NEEDS[TweakScale,Knes]:AFTER[Knes] // Launch Escape System "LastChance"
{
	@MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		@defaultScale = 0.625
	}
}

// Knes TweakScale "type" Changes

@PART[_Knes_L3S_PAL]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // Ariane "Drako" PAL Booster
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_mrk_Antenna]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // MRK-5a Antenna
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free_square
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Sat_NanoSat]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // K2 "Kassler" Nano Sat
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_mrk_SolarPanel_Pyld]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // MRK-3b Solar Panel
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free_square
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_mrk_SolarPanel]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // MRK-3a Solar Panel
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free_square
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_mrk_SolarArray]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // MRK-30a Solar Array
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free_square
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Hermes_SolarPanel]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // Callisto SolarPanel
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free_square
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_ATV_SolarPanel]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // ATV "Einstein" Solar Panel
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free_square
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_mrk_SolarPanel_Nano]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // MRK-1A Solar Panel
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free_square
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_mrk_SolarPanel_Pyld_Track]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale]:AFTER[Knes] // MRK-3c Solar Panel
{
	!MODULE[TweakScale] {}
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = free_square
	}
}

// Knes TweakScale Additions

@PART[_Knes_STEAM_Power_Module]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale] // STEAM "Vesta" Power Module. Rechargeable Battery Bank
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_STEAM_Cargo_Tank]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale] // STEAM "Blamont" Monopropellant Module
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 2.5
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_STEAM_09375_cargo]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale] // Nano "Minos" Pressurised Module
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_STEAM_125_cargo]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale] // Small "MiraGino" Pressurised Module
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack
		defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Hermes_Antenna]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScale] // MRK-5b Antenna
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack_square
		defaultScale = 0.3125
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Diamant_Fairing_0625]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScaleExperimental] // KEREB-D "Assiduous" fairing
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack_square
		defaultScale = 0.625
	}
}

@PART[_Knes_Diamant_Fairing_09375]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScaleExperimental] // KEREB-D "Wallace" fairing
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack_square
		defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Aero_Fairing_09375]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScaleExperimental] // Knes Fairing (0.9375m)
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack_square
		defaultScale = 0.9375
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Aero_Fairing_125]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScaleExperimental] // Knes Fairing (1.25m)
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack_square
		defaultScale = 1.25
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Aero_Fairing_1875]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScaleExperimental] // Knes Fairing (1.875m)
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack_square
		defaultScale = 1.875
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Aero_Fairing_250]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScaleExperimental] // Knes Fairing (2.5m)
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack_square
		defaultScale = 2.5
	}
}

@PART[Knes_Aero_Fairing_375]:NEEDS[Knes,TweakScaleExperimental] // Knes Fairing (3.75m)
{
	%MODULE[TweakScale]
	{
		type = stack_square
		defaultScale = 3.75
	}
}

SafeSystem Titles Fix

// Fixes the titles on the two Knes "SafeSystem" parts that have swapped titles

@PART[Knes_Utility_SafeSystem]:NEEDS[Knes] // Fixes the name on the 1.875 to 2.5 SafeSystem part
{
	@title = #autoLOC_Knes_Utility_SafeSystem_1875_title
}

@PART[Knes_Utility_SafeSystem_1875]:NEEDS[Knes] // Fixes the name on the 1.25 to 1.875 SafeSystem part
{
	@title = #autoLOC_Knes_Utility_SafeSystem_250_title
}

Anyway, hope it is useful to someone.  I felt like this needed done a long time ago, but I just never took the time until now.

Edited by aviin
Corrections

• 2 months later...

Hi there @Well! With your permission, I was thinking I might try to re-translate and update some of the Knes English Localization, both to give more comprehensive part descriptions and to resolve some naming conflicts with Knes and some other mods (some of the CryoTanks fuel tanks, for example, have similar names to a few of the ones in Knes). Happy to post the end result here once I've finished!

Edited by wisdomsavingthrow

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, marxman28 said:

What exactly is the Hera Grapple Robotic Arm supposed to do? I tried testing it in LKO but the PAW only has "arm" and "disarm". Is it just cosmetic?

It's a "grabbing claw" using the same mechanism as the stock "Advanced Grabbing Unit".

Hi all, I'm having trouble snapping the Callisto's cargo modules into the bay, is there any magic to it? They don't seem to snap to the attachement points on either side of the bay, and the only way to get them in is to have them attached to the centre of the craft and translate them in the correct position.

I should've probably let you know earlier (like, I discovered this around a year ago), but the P80 booster with all of it's solid fuel removed is free.

Going into the config file, it seems like you accidentally set the cost to 850, which is below the cost of the solid fuel in the booster. I think you intended to set it to 1400, which is right now set as the entry cost and would be in-line with the costs of the other boosters in the mod.

Just a quick bug report that should have a quick fix.