How first human on Earth was born? If there was only Adam and Eve

Pawelk198604

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20170821134351AAYSkSB

About year ago i bought a early access 
( alpha phase ) game Universim it would be about starting civilization of anthropomorphic creatures called nuggets from Stone Age until they can leave their home planet and colonize other planets in other solar systems. We start with pair of them Male and Female we need to help them survive and produce offspring, but one thoughts come to my mind we (our species) also come from 2 persons Adam and Eve and if they had their first children and ware only couple on the entire planet than with whom their kids have sex? ;-) 
https://forums.theuniversim.com/index.php?/topic/51314-if-we-start-with-2-nugets-and-they-have-4-children-than-to-whom-those-children-would-merry/

Edited by Pawelk198604

How should I know? The bible dosen't say anything about that.

19 minutes ago, Pawelk198604 said:

and if they had their first children and ware only couple on the entire planet than with whom their kids have sex? ;-) 

There were no two "first humans". It's not possible for us to have descended from only two people, the smallest our gene pool has ever been is at least 25000-35000 people.

Genetic Adam (the last Man every human is directly descended from), and Genetic Eve (the last Woman every human is directly descended from) lived thousands of years apart from each other.

@Pawelk198604, this is only because you lack a very basic understanding of evolution, especially anthropology.

I suggest you get a book on paleao-anthropology and stop spreading that nonsense.

Writes an almost desperate Green Baron, because this is Science & Spaceflight !

*Hough*

54 minutes ago, Pawelk198604 said:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20170821134351AAYSkSB

About year ago i bought a early access 
( alpha phase ) game Universim it would be about starting civilization of anthropomorphic creatures called nuggets from Stone Age until they can leave their home planet and colonize other planets in other solar systems. We start with pair of them Male and Female we need to help them survive and produce offspring, but one thoughts come to my mind we (our species) also come from 2 persons Adam and Eve and if they had their first children and ware only couple on the entire planet than with whom their kids have sex? ;-) 
https://forums.theuniversim.com/index.php?/topic/51314-if-we-start-with-2-nugets-and-they-have-4-children-than-to-whom-those-children-would-merry/

The question does not make sense. This is because you are trying to explain with scientific principles, an allegorical story that does not represent reality.

If your position is that the material in the bible as literal truth, one must also discard scientific principles, and therefore all bets are off and (as it, in fact, says in the bible) you may as well say "God said it was so, and therefore it was so."

Im not, at this point in time, saying either standpoint is more or less valid, but one cannot have both and remain logically consistent in either system. Attempting to do so is almost the definition of insanity.

In other words, the concept of evolution / genetics is incompatible with the concept of adam+eve, you cannot believe in both and be sane.

That is not a criticism, that just is. It is as true as 1=1.

Also, not for nothing, but IIRC the bible explicitly specifies that Adam+Eve's children conceived their own children together.

Yeah.

In reality, there is no hard line between species (Even the definition of the word "species" is still debated by experts in the field). For example, there was a time when Homo Sapiens lived alongside and freely interbred with Homo Neanderthalensis. What does that make us?

Fun Fact: Humans share something like 60-70% of their DNA with bananas. If you ignore the "species" dividing lines, then every living organism on earth is just an entry on a smoothly contiguous spectrum of "EARTH DNA", and the idea of "first human" is no longer meaningful.

Its not like "And one day, a human was born!"

Its more like "And one day, the creatures evolving intelligence on planet Earth decided to name themselves, and they called themselves "human"

Edited by p1t1o

I admire your collectedness @p1t1o.

I do think OP is aware of the existence of scientific principles, but just doesn't apply them to his thoughts, instead puts sort of a religious view (Adam & Eve) as a fact.

Imo there is no reasonable way to discuss the question as long as the assumptions of an initial couple and a leading hand stands there.

Edit: oh, i (and others) prefer homo sapiens sapiens and homo sapiens neanderthalensis as the division in distinct species had never really ended. Though there are different views on this.

20 minutes ago, p1t1o said:

*snip* For example, there was a time when Homo Sapiens lived alongside and freely interbred with Homo Neanderthalensis. What does that make us? *snip*

Partly Neanderthals (more than bananas) :-)

Edited by Green Baron