linuxgurugamer

[1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.2] SpaceTux Industries Recycled Parts

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

@linuxgurugamer - just thought that Id bring to your attention that the Mk2 Lightning cockpit is in BDMk22 

By the same name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the Bulb engine is heating very much more than when it was running on 1.2.2 !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap am I glad to see AtomicAge recycled! Thanks, linuxgurugamer! Have some rep (like need it, but still ...) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, agrock said:

Would by chance the most recent release be compatible with KSP 1.3 ?

Yes, it's a parts-only mod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, the ids are the same.  Of course, do a backup first, just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great mod! I love to see these parts resurrected!

 

One question, think is it compatible with KSPIE? I notice that it modifies AtmIntake which KSPIE also use,

and yes I'm aware KSPIE have pretty much equivalent atomic engines as this mod , with the same graphics even.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.1.2:

  • Fixed some heat related values in the Atomic Engines to bring them in line with stock
  • Added missing attach nodes in Atomic Engines
  • Updated tags
  • Added Kommitz's mods:  LVN_Clusters and two versions of the FTMN Nuclear Engines
  • Added TRR patch for the LVN engines, thanks to @MeCripp for it
  • Added tags to all of Kommitz's engines
  • Added RSCapsuledyne mod
     

Note that the Quadpoodle engine in the RSCapsuledyne mod doesn't have the heat glow working due to an issue with the model, so it's disabled for now

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.2:

  • Fixed some heat related values in the Atomic Engines to bring them in line with stock
  • Added missing attach nodes in Atomic Engines
  • Updated tags
  • Added Kommitz's mods:  LVN_Clusters and two versions of the FTMN Nuclear Engines
  • Added TRR patch for the LVN engines, thanks to @MeCripp for it
  • Added tags to all of Kommitz's engines
  • Added RSCapsuledyne mod
     

Note that the Quadpoodle engine in the RSCapsuledyne mod doesn't have the heat glow working due to an issue with the model, so it's disabled for now

Thanks for the new release and parts! I have a question, though, do we need to leave in the Space Tux Industries icons for Filter Extensions if we aren't otherwise using that mod? Or can we just transfer over the main mod folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, Skalou Update, 0.1.2.1

  • Thanks to forum user @Skalou, the quadpoodle engine is now working properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the FTMN nuclear engines meant to use both LF and Ox? The Nerv uses only LF, wasn't sure if the difference was by design or due to copying ModuleEnginesFX stuff from elsewhere (or something like that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minor update, 0.1.2.2

  • Updated attachment nodes on the new nuclear engines, the bottom nodes were backwards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe it or not, the original mod has it that way :-(

I'll get them updated to use the same fuel as the LV-N this evening, if not sooner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.1.2.3:

  • Removed oxidizer from atomic engines

The oxidizer was in the original mod, and when I was updating, I missed removing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Are the FTMN nuclear engines meant to use both LF and Ox? The Nerv uses only LF, wasn't sure if the difference was by design or due to copying ModuleEnginesFX stuff from elsewhere (or something like that).

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.2.3:

  • Removed oxidizer from atomic engines

The oxidizer was in the original mod, and when I was updating, I missed removing it

In early/earlier versions of KSP, nuclear engines are known to consume LFO. It's a simple matter of discovering a legacy practice and dealing with it. It's just like this.

20vrh0.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 6:08 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.2.3:

  • Removed oxidizer from atomic engines

The oxidizer was in the original mod, and when I was updating, I missed removing it

on engines from atomic age, or in an other mod?
the LANTR from it has oxidizer in the afterbunner mode for extra thrust at the cost of a lower ISP,
porkjet probably tried to make it look likes this:

lantr.jpg

LANTR: LOX-AUGMENTED NUCLEAR THERMAL ROCKET. This concept involves the use of a "conventional" hydrogen (H2) NTR with oxygen (O2) injected into the nozzle. The injected O2 acts like an "afterburner" and operates in a "reverse scramjet" mode. This makes it possible to augment (and vary) the thrust (from what would otherwise be a relatively small NTR engine) at the expense of reduced Isp.

http://www.zamandayolculuk.com/nukleermotorlar.htm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Skalou said:

on engines from atomic age, or in an other mod?
the LANTR from it has oxidizer in the afterbunner mode for extra thrust at the cost of a lower ISP,
porkjet probably tried to make it look likes this:

 

Ummm, I took care of it in Kommitz's mods (the FTmN mods)

I'll have to review the LANTR engine

 

The LANTR still has the afterburner mode

The FTmN parts don't have an afterburner mode

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Skalou @linuxgurugamer LOX augmented rocket mode is a legit thing. Nertea's Kerbal Atomics and/or Cryogenic Engines possess this same secondary mode. No need to remove it from the legacy engines here. If anything, their configs just need some polish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Skalou @linuxgurugamer LOX augmented rocket mode is a legit thing. Nertea's Kerbal Atomics and/or Cryogenic Engines possess this same secondary mode. No need to remove it from the legacy engines here. If anything, their configs just need some polish.

Maybe for afterburner, but the engines in FTmN didn't have afterburner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small issue with one of the patches in AtomicAge: in SpaceTuxIndustries\RecycledParts\AtomicAge\IntakeAtm.cfg, the patch that adds IntakeAtm to all parts isn't checking to see if the resource IntakeAtm is already present in the part.

When other mods are installed that do the same thing, the result is a duplicate ModuleResourceIntake.

I think this modified patch will avoid the problem (and also stop from defining the IntakeAtm resource if CRP is installed):

RESOURCE_DEFINITION:NEEDS[!CommunityResourcePack]
{
  name = IntakeAtm
  density = 0.005
  unitCost = 0
  hsp = 10
  flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  transfer = PUMP
  isTweakable = false
}

// This adds the modules to those parts which have both ModuleResourceIntake
// and the resource IntakeAir
// This is needed so the Nuclear jet Engine will work in atmospheres
// which don't have oxygen
// Parts affeced are any part which has an intake
// This dupliates the existing Module and changes the new one with the IntakeAtm
// values
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake],@RESOURCE[IntakeAir],!RESOURCE[IntakeAtm]]:NEEDS[!WarpPlugin|!GTI]
{
	+MODULE[ModuleResourceIntake]
	{ 
		@resourceName = IntakeAtm
		@checkForOxygen = false
	}

	+RESOURCE[IntakeAir]
	{
		@name = IntakeAtm
	}
}

 

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.1.2.4, the Heat update:

  • Fixed heat production of LV4N, it was way too low
  • Reduced the heat production of the FTmN40
  • Increased heat production of FTmN-160
  • Increased heat production of the FTmN-280
  • Reduced heat production of the LtBY 18K
  • Reduced heat production of the BL-40n
  • Increased heat production of the FTmN-80
  • Increased heat production of the FTmN-180
  • Increased heat production of the FTmN-400
  • Reduced heat production drastically on the KANDL
  • Reduced heat production on the LANTR
  • Increased heat production on the NuclearJetEngine
  • Increased heat production of the taurusNuclearEngine
  • Changed secondary engines to conventional engine (Fuel+Ox) on taurusNuclearEngine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.