Error Code EX1146

Camacha

12 minutes ago, Camacha said:

It seems the forum just served an error code, error EX1146. It advised to log in again to fix the problem.

Is the crew aware that this error occured? Is this a legitimate error?

The forums just got a bit of an upgrade. That's probably what you were seeing.

4 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

The forums just got a bit of an upgrade. That's probably what you were seeing.

Asking people to log in again might be a phishing tactic, so it's good to be a bit more sure than probably. Server logs should indicate whether the error was served and why.

Just now, Camacha said:

Asking people to log in again might be a phishing tactic, so it's good to be a bit more sure than probably. Server logs should indicate whether the error was served and why.

Fair enough. I do not have access to that information, though. @Vanamonde, do you have any info?

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

Fair enough. I do not have access to that information, though. @Vanamonde, do you have any info?

I didn't mean to sound harsh, it's just that there have been a number of forum breaches in the recent past that makes it a good idea to err on the side of caution :) An unexpected page asking for credentials perks up my ears, and should give anyone on the internet pause.

Anyway, I hope you can investigate the situation.

Being the good forum member I am, I did report it. And even sent an accompanying screen shot...

I5CfGVF.png

@Dman979 if you look at my other opened tabs, you can tell that those "grade center" tabs indicate I am supposed to be working... remember, supposed to be working! :blush:

Edited by adsii1970

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I had a big glitch, but it was where like nothing happened. It was a whole page of links and stuffs. Really weird, but I forgot to take a picture :/

That happens when you web browser loads a cached copy of the page. As someone that plays in web design, it is perfectly normal when a site goes down for maintenance and you were actually just on that site. Normally it happens after you refresh the page as the server or website goes off-line.

2 minutes ago, Camacha said:

Thanks! I just wanted to add a screenshot, but you already beat me to it. I got the exact same screen.

Great minds think alike!

12 hours ago, ManeTI said:

Hello guys, we are in the process of upgrading the forum software, we will finish this tomorrow, sorry for all inconveniences.

Just out of curiosity, does the upgrade change anything on the user end?

18 minutes ago, ManeTI said:

Hi @Gaarst  we have removed all the new reactions until we decide what is best for the community :)  

Don't take my comment too seriously. We'll get used to the reactions as well as we got used to the "Like" system I have no doubt about this. (Though I have my word to say on the terrible designs of the reaction emotes, maybe some Kerbal-themed ones would be better?)

Edited by Gaarst

36 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Don't take my comment seriously. We'll get used to the reactions as well as we got used to the "Like" system I have no doubt about this. (Though I have my word on the terrible designs of the emotes, maybe some Kerbal-themed ones may be better?)

:) , we want to prevent trolling... thats why we have disabled them, and I agree with you about the new icons. 

1 hour ago, ManeTI said:

:) , we want to prevent trolling... thats why we have disabled them, and I agree with you about the new icons. 

Ah I get it, yeah it might be a good thing to prevent a rainbow of Iron Crowns from appearing. :P

On 31/08/2017 at 1:02 AM, ManeTI said:

Hello guys, we are in the process of upgrading the forum software, we will finish this tomorrow, sorry for all inconveniences.

Does that mean this specific error was caused by the upgrades?

You might want to avoid asking people to log in in the future. It's going to rouse suspicions at best and teach people bad habits at worst.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.