Forum Colour Schemes ?

YNM

What colour scheme do you prefer ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If it's possible, what colour scheme do you prefer ?

• More Blue (ie. Old)
    • More white (ie. Current default or even more white)
    • More green (greens based off green signs used in the default forum)
    • More red/maroon (reds based off old red signs used in previous scheme)
    • Other (please comment)

Could we get a personalized colour scheme when logged in ? The new layout looks cool and all, but the colours are a bit too bright for my liking (esp. on phones, most of the things I use have darker colour schemes).

EDIT : For starters, something whose colours resembles the older designs.

Edited by YNM

Two things to say that I notice now however :

- The upgrade seems to still be ongoing. So I think what we see as of now (31st August 2017 23:32 UTC +7 / 16:32 UTC) is not final.

- Just for cross reference, this other forum have options for schemes. They change scheme everytime around christmas - new year to a very bright snowy one, but thanks to the option it's not as annoying as long as you're logged in there in your account with the settings.

Edited by YNM
As of 23:41 UTC +7 still appears not to be final.

Yeah the colors are wayy too bright. The LTT forums,which I suspect runs off of a similar program, if not the same, has an option on the bottom to toggle a night and a day mode.

8 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Where? I used the TT forums quite a bit, and never did (and still can't as of today) find a colour scheme option.

User Control Panel - Board preferences - My board style .

(in public just in case someone else who's also a member there wonders. AFAIK one of the past moderators here is also a member there.)

Edited by YNM

51 minutes ago, YNM said:

User Control Panel - Board preferences - My board style .

Not there. There's no option for that under Board Preferences.

EDIT: Derp, I expected it to be a subcategory, not a dropdown. It was there after all.

Edited by voicey99

1 minute ago, tater said:

Hey, that's a great idea. The forum would look far more clean and modern if it was devoid of distracting ASCII and images altogether.

The only limit will be our imagination!

And then to satisfy some people about "not enough variety", just put a black line almost, but not quite, in the center of the page. 2/3 or something away from the edge.

Ow. I complained about the last one being physically painful ( anyone else with Irlen syndrome is likely to agree ) but this is actually a struggle to even read, the text is swimming all over the place. I remember someone else had some css hacks ( or a FF extension ) to sanitise the last one, is there one for what is presumably a default theme for the latest board software around?

What is with graphic designers these days - determined to waste all the screen space they have & never heared of structure or contrast. It's like there's been a whole generation taught by complete idiots.

I hope the latest forum change is still a work in progress. I normally don't complain but this super white screen is painful. The Invision Community site seems to suggest the color scheme is flexible and easily changed (just not by the forum users). Please tone it down. Better yet make it so the pics people post can actually be seen without going to the Imgur album to view. Screenshots are notoriously dark in KSP and an appropriate dark forum background needs to be standard in my opinion. Thanks for listening.

2 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Okay, can someone explain to me in short why the forums look so weird? Was there an upgrade I didn't know about? I like the old look better... I had just gotten used to it...

Yes, the forum got updated a bit, its kind of like KSP getting an update, no big things happending, only new layout.

Edited by NSEP

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Okay, can someone explain to me in short why the forums look so weird? Was there an upgrade I didn't know about? I like the old look better... I had just gotten used to it...

Yup. There was an announcement by Dman a little while back (yesterday) about how there is a new update.

I prefer DARK, gray or black themes for everything... Most of the sites I frequently visit, i got dark themes from userstyles.org.

Luckily, and as a temporary solution if there's new themes coming with future upgrades, there's my dark black theme, which still seems to pretty much work... And if mine works, then @n.b.z.'s dark blue theme probably still mostly works, since mine is based off his...

5xv2wzG.png

https://imgur.com/a/eLpXv

You can use the Stylish addon, or (at least for Firefox), Custom Style Script

Mine: https://userstyles.org/styles/128030/darkblack-kerbal-space-program-ksp-forum

n.b.z.'s Dark Blue: https://userstyles.org/styles/121820/darkblue-ksp-forum

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.