linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1] Probe Control Room Recontrolled

Recommended Posts

Im on an Ubuntu Server 16.04 customized when needed.

Everything is manually downloaded from spacedock or github, and manually installed (i haven't take time to install the mono project for Ckan)

===============================================================================
GameData :
     |
     |___ASET => ASET_PROPS.(1.5)
     |
     |                  Agencies
     |___ JSI => RasterPropMonitor => Library, Plugins, etc...(vers0.29.3)
     |                 RPMPodPatches
     |
     |___ ProbeControlRoom (version under gamedatafolder in your archive, vers1.2.2.9)
     |
     |___ ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll ( +his auto created config Files)
     |
     |___ Squad

===============================================================================

Here's my Player.log :
( There is a 10 second ad if you have an adblocker, can be closed )
https://www.transfernow.net/download/?utm_source=2adwce7fp8j1

Let me know if some other logs are needed, im not familiar with unity logging files !!

 

Edited by Stig73
add versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI !

I've cleaning my gamedata folder, installed debian Ckan version, and installed PCR, with his dependencies, and the probe control room appears in game !

Was having a no signal screen in the room, and as im at work i cant test more now, but i will edit this post in few hours, after some more test and player.log upload !

EDIT : It seems Ckan just install the "RasterPropMonitorCore", and it seems that the simple "RasterPropMonitor" entry was needed too
(maybe i've missed something, so, i had select him manually in ckan )
I've downloaded too mechjeb vessel viewer etc, so Player.Log will have some other things, sorry about that.

Here is the log : https://www.transfernow.net/download/?utm_source=390nm8c1rnbv

Everything seems functional !
I hope you can find the difference cause a lot of people are not using ckan :/

Edited by Stig73
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all, instructions say I need dev version of scan sat.  Don't really know what that means?  I searched dev version and I can only find 1.3.0 compatible.  What is the issue with regular scan sat.  

 

 

I love this mod BTW one of my favorites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Hey all, instructions say I need dev version of scan sat.  Don't really know what that means?  I searched dev version and I can only find 1.3.0 compatible.  What is the issue with regular scan sat.  

 

 

I love this mod BTW one of my favorites.

What version of the game are you installing this on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was posted back in October, it's probably updated by now, so just get the latest version of ScanSat for 1.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ! 

Can we hope an update soon ? This mod quickly became a must-have ! It's the last one I need to start my 1.4 career ! :D

Keep up the work, we love you !

Edited by Djackmix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2018 at 6:00 AM, Djackmix said:

Hello ! 

Can we hope an update soon ? This mod quickly became a must-have ! It's the last one I need to start my 1.4 career ! :D

Keep up the work, we love you !

Unfortunately, Squad changed something about the renderer in 1.4.x. Even with updated Raster Prop Monitor, the MFD props render backwards or upside down. @MOARdV, who maintains RPM, hasn't been able to fix it. So any IVA that uses RPM MFDs (like this one) isn't going to be useful in 1.4.x anyway.

MOARdV is developing a replacement for RPM called MOARdV's Avionics Systems that doesn't have this problem, but all RPM IVAs will have to be completely remade before they work with MAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Unfortunately, Squad changed something about the renderer in 1.4.x. Even with updated Raster Prop Monitor, the MFD props render backwards or upside down. @MOARdV, who maintains RPM, hasn't been able to fix it. So any IVA that uses RPM MFDs (like this one) isn't going to be useful in 1.4.x anyway.

MOARdV is developing a replacement for RPM called MOARdV's Avionics Systems that doesn't have this problem, but all RPM IVAs will have to be completely remade before they work with MAS.

That sucks!

Oh well, time to retire a mod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That sucks!

Oh well, time to retire a mod

The bug is specific to DirectX, and doesn't seem to be affecting OpenGL, so RPM works fine on Mac and Linux, as well as on Windows if running in OpenGL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you, but most people play on Windows.  If I released this for 1.4 with a caveat that it must run in openGL, or some other restriction. I'll  never hear the end of support requests.

So, unless RPM works fine in all environments, I'm  not going to waste my time.

Sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey @linuxgurugamer would you still be willing to support this again when MAS hits full release? That would replace all the RPM displays

Oh wait, I see this was already mentioned, but not directly addressed. I'm assuming you would want all the RPM displayed converted by someone else though?

Edited by Drew Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drew Kerman said:

hey @linuxgurugamer would you still be willing to support this again when MAS hits full release? That would replace all the RPM displays

Most likely not, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Most likely not, sorry.

damn that was quick :P hang on did you see my edit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drew Kerman said:

damn that was quick :P hang on did you see my edit?

Well, if someone else does the rewrite, it would make sense for that someone to maintain it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, if someone else does the rewrite, it would make sense for that someone to maintain it

I suppose. I was thinking you could do the plugin rewrite to just support MAS while someone else worked on the actual config files that define and operate the MAS displays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

I suppose. I was thinking you could do the plugin rewrite to just support MAS while someone else worked on the actual config files that define and operate the MAS displays

It's not a mod I use, I was only keeping it going by recompiling and fixing bugs.

It would be better if someone who had the time and desire would take it over.  As it is, I'm going to depreciate this mod for 1.4 (ie:  not support it, not update it, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to see it go the way of the DoDo bird but I completely understand the feelings behind it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2018 at 4:58 PM, theonegalen said:

Unfortunately, Squad changed something about the renderer in 1.4.x. Even with updated Raster Prop Monitor, the MFD props render backwards or upside down. @MOARdV, who maintains RPM, hasn't been able to fix it. So any IVA that uses RPM MFDs (like this one) isn't going to be useful in 1.4.x anyway.

MOARdV is developing a replacement for RPM called MOARdV's Avionics Systems that doesn't have this problem, but all RPM IVAs will have to be completely remade before they work with MAS.

I just read that and now I am unhappy.

What the hell, Squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2018 at 4:00 AM, Angstinator said:

I just read that and now I am unhappy.

What the hell, Squad.

It seems to be a side effect of the update to Unity 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the main problem with updating this is that it needs a new IVA to incorporate MAS, I'm currently trying to create a 'more accurate to KSP cinematics' alternate internal space for this mod. If I'm able to provide that with MAS in mind (though no promises), would that be all that's needed for a 1.4.x update? What changes on the plugin-side would need to be made - Was RPM not optional for this?

Edited by PortalGunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PortalGunner said:

If the main problem with updating this is that it needs a new IVA to incorporate MAS, I'm currently trying to create a 'more accurate to KSP cinematics' alternate internal space for this mod. If I'm able to provide that with MAS in mind (though no pro es), would that be all that's needed for a 1.4.x update? What changes on the plugin-side would need to be made - Was RPM not optional for this?

See the previous message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

See the previous message

Sorry for maybe not being as clear as I could have: I'm asking what part of the .dll actually needs a rewrite to function? I opened the source in VS, and to my (admittedly untrained) eye I could not find anything obvious to be rewritten to work with MAS. I would assume, as it's just another mods prop, that it would just be referenced in the config file/s. Is there something else that needs plugin rewriting for 1.4.x that is unrelated to RPM/MAS? 

I honestly understand not wanting to spend a lot of time focusing on fixing this mod, as you clearly have a lot of other mods to handle, being the great eater of all poor abandoned modlets. But if this can be updated without a major .dll rewrite then I would like to see where I or others can take it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PortalGunner said:

Sorry for maybe not being as clear as I could have: I'm asking what part of the .dll actually needs a rewrite to function? I opened the source in VS, and to my (admittedly untrained) eye I could not find anything obvious to be rewritten to work with MAS. I would assume, as it's just another mods prop, that it would just be referenced in the config file/s. Is there something else that needs plugin rewriting for 1.4.x that is unrelated to RPM/MAS? 

I honestly understand not wanting to spend a lot of time focusing on fixing this mod, as you clearly have a lot of other mods to handle, being the great eater of all poor abandoned modlets. But if this can be updated without a major .dll rewrite then I would like to see where I or others can take it. 

It's the way that RPM works, or, as I'm told, is NOT working in 1.4.  This mod depends on RPM, and since I've been told that RPM has certain, unfixable problems, I'm not going to spend any time on it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an update that RPM v0.30.1 (12/05/18) changelog indicates:

Quote

- The inverted MFD problem in DX9 has been resolved. Issue #659.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.