NOSTROMO is back !!!!!!!!!

donalddahlen

"-Click- ......Nostromo come in, say again?" -frantic yelling and random, distant bursts of gunfire can be heard in the background- "Nostromo?! Respond please, we do not have contact on scans..are you there?!" -The marine yells something unintelligible into the distance, the gunfire is getting louder, closer, and more frequent. When he returns to the line his breathing is heavy, and ragged- "Nostromo! Please respond, we need evac now! They-they killed everyone...some kind of ..infestation..the colonis-......."-Static drowns out the soldiers panicked yelling for what seems like ages, the staccato burst of pulse rifle fire and the half-heard bellows of soldiers in combat sounds terrifyingly close now- "...........-rywhere, we can't hold them back, please Nostromo; respond! I repeat, we do not have you on scope; are you in sys-" -A loud thud is heard and the line goes dead with a sharp click, followed by the quiet, hissing static of dead signal."

9 minutes ago, Zeiss Ikon said:

@Rocket In My Pocket I think you're conflating two different movies.  Nostromo was the ship towing the refinery in the original 1979 Alien.  The space Marines going down on the radio are from Aliens, the second movie (1982?), which didn't include a ship named Nostromo.

I'm well aware. I own the original trilogy on VHS. Been watching and re-watching them since I was like...10, I've prolly seen each Alien movie literally hundreds of times. I even like the 3rd one, and Resurrection!

However writing a dialogue for colonists or miners didn't sound very exciting, and more people are familiar with the Marines.  Also, I see no reason why a random group of Marines wouldn't try to contact any ship if it was in-system and their only hope of rescue. (Keep in mind the Nostromo responds to a distress beacon in the very movie we are talking about.)

Anyways, I was just trying to hint to the OP that he needed to provide some links or information past "it exists." I thought a short narrative might be fun for Aliens fans?

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

The real Alien Movie was from 1979 and the name of the Vessel is Nostromo but ok, the Mod is great to play hell of space to explore the Kerbal verse.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1211587118

The commercial space tug Nostromo is on a return trip to Earth with a seven-member crew in stasis: Captain Dallas (Tom Skerritt), Executive Officer Kane (John Hurt), Warrant Officer Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), Navigator Lambert (Veronica Cartwright), Science Officer Ash (Ian Holm) and two Engineers, Parker (Yaphet Kotto) and Brett (Harry Dean Stanton). Detecting a transmission from the nearby planetoid LV-426, the ship's computer, Mother, awakens the crew. Company policy requires crews to investigate such transmissions, so they land on the planetoid, sustaining damage from its atmosphere and rocky landscape. Parker and Brett repair the ship while Dallas, Kane and Lambert head out to investigate. They discover the signal comes from a derelict alien spacecraft and head inside it, losing communication with Ash. Inside, they find the remains of a large alien creature.

Ripley deciphers part of the transmission, determining it's not a distress signal, but a warning of some kind. In the spacecraft, Kane discovers a chamber containing hundreds of large egg-like objects. When he touches one, it opens and a creature springs out and attaches to his face through the facemask of his spacesuit. Dallas and Lambert carry the unconscious Kane back to the Nostromo. As acting senior officer, Ripley refuses to let them aboard, citing quarantine regulations, but Ash ignores Ripley and lets them in. The crew unsuccessfully attempt to remove the creature from Kane's face, discovering that its blood is an extremely corrosive acid. It later detaches on its own and is found dead. The ship is partly repaired, and the crew lifts off. Kane awakens with some memory loss but otherwise unharmed. During a final crew meal before returning to stasis, he chokes and convulses in pain then dies as a small alien creature bursts from his chest and escapes into the ship. The crew attempts to locate it with a tracking device and capture or kill it with nets, electric prods and flamethrowers.

Brett follows the crew's cat, Jones, into an engine room and the now fully-grown alien (Bolaji Badejo) attacks him and disappears with his body into an air shaft. After heated discussion, the crew decide the creature must be in the air ducts. Dallas enters the ducts, intending to force the alien into the airlock, but it ambushes him. Lambert implores the others to abandon ship and escape in its small shuttle. Now in command, Ripley explains that the shuttle will not support four people and pushes to continue with Dallas' plan of flushing out the alien.

Now with access to Mother, Ripley discovers that Ash has been secretly ordered to return the alien to the company, with the crew deemed expendable. Ripley confronts Ash and he tries to choke her to death. Parker intervenes and clubs Ash, knocking off his head and revealing him to be an android. Parker reanimates Ash's head and they learn he was assigned to the Nostromo to ensure the creature was returned for analysis at any expense, including the crew's lives. Ash taunts them about their chances against the "perfect organism." Ripley disconnects Ash and Parker burns his smashed remains with a flamethrower.

Ripley, Lambert, and Parker agree to self-destruct the Nostromo and escape in the shuttle. Parker and Lambert are killed by the alien while gathering life-support supplies. Ripley initiates the self-destruct sequence and heads with the cat to the shuttle to find the alien in her path. She retreats and attempts unsuccessfully to abort the self-destruct. She returns to the shuttle, where the alien is gone, and she narrowly escapes in the shuttle as the Nostromo explodes.

As she prepares for stasis, Ripley finds the alien has stowed-away aboard the shuttle. She puts on a spacesuit and opens the shuttle's airlock. The explosive decompression forces the alien into the airlock doorway. She shoots it with a grappling hook to propel it into space, but the gun catches as the airlock closes, tethering the alien to the shuttle. It attempts to crawl into one of the engines but Ripley fires them to blast the alien into space. After recording the voyage final log entry, she places herself and the cat into stasis for the trip home to Earth.

9 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Alien - Nostromo
Aliens - Sulaco

Are you still not getting that what I wrote wasn't from either movie, but was just an original one off piece of made up fiction involving a random group of marines hailing the Nostromo as an elaborate way to tell the OP that he wasn't providing enough details about what he was talking about?

I'm 30+ years old, I grew up with the Aliens movies, I still own my original VHS trilogy tapes. My wife doesn't know but; I'm secretly in love with Sigourney Weaver, I have been since I was old enough to like girls... I KNOW WHICH SHIP IS WHICH.

It's called "creative license" I'm using characters from two different movies in the same world. Use your imagination a bit for cripes sake.

On 11/23/2017 at 11:12 AM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I even like the 3rd one, and Resurrection!

Good one, Rocket In My Pocket! You had me going right up until this point.

I will grant you that a Sigourney Weaver crush is very valid, but "liking" Resurrection is highly implausible. The only good part of that movie is Ripley...

Okay, maybe I can see why you like it :P

Spoiler

This is all meant in good humor, and I sincerely hope it comes across as such. That being said, the screenplay and dialogue in Resurrection are both pretty much start-to-finish atrocious. I'll still watch it on very rare occasions, because I like the overall universe -- Alien remains the best horror movie I've ever seen -- (and because I will give you that tall, xenomorph-enhanced, ultra-BadS Ripley is awesome), but I hold no illusions about exactly how irredeemably bad it is (in my opinion).

1 hour ago, Mako said:

Good one, Rocket In My Pocket! You had me going right up until this point.

I will grant you that a Sigourney Weaver crush is very valid, but "liking" Resurrection is highly implausible. The only good part of that movie is Ripley...

Okay, maybe I can see why you like it :P

Reveal hidden contents

This is all meant in good humor, and I sincerely hope it comes across as such. That being said, the screenplay and dialogue in Resurrection are both pretty much start-to-finish atrocious. I'll still watch it on very rare occasions, because I like the overall universe -- Alien remains the best horror movie I've ever seen -- (and because I will give you that tall, xenomorph-enhanced, ultra-BadS Ripley is awesome), but I hold no illusions about exactly how irredeemably bad it is (in my opinion).

Lol, yeah; the only good thing about Resurrection is definitely Ripley and her character change. It's fan service; but it's awesome.

I appreciate the 3rd movie for trying to get back to the roots of the first movie, but it suffered from a rushed production and a lot of setbacks. Still, it has decent moments.

I'm honestly not sure what stuck in my head more as a young pre-teen watching Alien the first time; the horrifying black insect like beast; or Sigourney in dem' space undies! :confused:

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket