Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

Just now, dundun93 said:

The clamp would have to be a replacement. Remember, the original pike broke the rules.

Actually no. The Pike was submitted before 1/22 , the ex post facto date, as was the Sunfish. But i hated the sunfish and eidahlil was gracious enough to provide a downtuned Pike for me to continue using.

6 minutes ago, exbyde said:

Actually no. The Pike was submitted before 1/22 , the ex post facto date, as was the Sunfish. But i hated the sunfish and eidahlil was gracious enough to provide a downtuned Pike for me to continue using.

Will it slowly go up the rank one by one or will it just replace the original pike?

7 hours ago, dundun93 said:

Will it slowly go up the rank one by one or will it just replace the original pike?

Its going to replace. What i'm trying to say is not every rule i'm going to put in is going to be effective back from the dawn of time, depending on level of op-ness and possible implication. In this case, i have no clue how many people could have gone to text edit, as i'm not exactly the type that goes around text editing.

10 hours ago, dundun93 said:

Same thing as what happened with the flying/rabid squirrel. Will be retested against all board a/c. If it surpasses the pike it will replace and test against tfd

13 hours ago, dundun93 said:

@exbyde, dogfight today, tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow.(not trying to be annoying)

If you have to mention it, you should think twice. Probably tonight or tomorrow, putting in a new monitor on my rig and working today

13 hours ago, exbyde said:

If you have to mention it, you should think twice. Probably tonight or tomorrow, putting in a new monitor on my rig and working today

OK. Sorry. I don't see what's so hard about making a schedule about when you are and are not available...

1 hour ago, dundun93 said:

OK. Sorry. I don't see what's so hard about making a schedule about when you are and are not available...

Here's the thing. I've invested in hardware almost exclusively to better host these dogfights, something to the tune of $700, as my old rig could do everything but single core performance well, which is about like saying my prius does everything well but street racing and suddenly signing up for races for pink slips. I expect nothing back, and don't want anything back. Doing these is fun, but takes time. The last batch of twelve flights, six tests that came out about 50 hours ago took roughly three hours to make, between recording the fights, uploading the fights to youtube, and getting them here. Between then and now i've worked 16 hours, slept for 16 hours, helped my parents for a good bit, and done research/ screamed at draftsight as i started design work on a 16ft b-36 i want to build for flite fest east this year and managed to procrastinate on last year. There will be times i'm available, and times i'm not, and to be honest its not something i'll even be able to keep up with at times. Its certainly not something i owe you a schedule for, even if that is something i could provide. Now, I've said i'll be doing dogfights today or tomorrow, and since today's fallen through, expect dogfights tomorrow night. 

ya dundun93 don't be so demanding, gotta wait for when the OP has free time to do more episodes. Although, could it be made so that the rest of us could also post dogfight videos with crafts on the list? In case anyone else wants to, and exbyde is busy.

btw, jolly roger aerospace on Youtube is doing a modern jet fighter series, I've actually been build planes for with thread that also conform with Jolly Roger's rules. He might reopen submissions for a new season in a couple of weeks or so.

Edited by goduranus

22 minutes ago, goduranus said:

ya dundun93 don't be so demanding, gotta wait for when the OP has free time to do more episodes. Although, could it be made so that the rest of us could also post dogfight videos with crafts on the list? In case anyone else wants to, and exbyde is busy.

Herobrian made it an option, i'll do the same. If you wish to fly and record dogfights, then by all means, feel free. Each dogfight needs to be screencapped electronically (just hit windows-g for game mode recording and hit record)(i'll find you if you take a vertical cellphone video of your screen) , and uploaded. KSP version 1.3.1, BDAC 1.0 atm, i may work on getting the 1.1.1 beta to go so i can use nukes for comical purposes, but for now, 1.0. You cannot do a dogfight video of your own aircraft for integrity reasons.

it_begins_by_angeomgwtfbbq-d4d1qc3.jpg

Courtesy of @dundun93 i'm getting off my lazy keister, back on my slightly less lazy keister and doing some dogfights. @Eidahlil's submitted a de-tuned version of his Pike fighter, the Pike Clamped. For it to replace the current Pike, it must be able to put up the same kind of fight the Pike does without the tuning. Lets see how that goes. To help speed things up, we're also doing dogfights over the water, meaning one team is stationed at the abandoned airbase, defending team is at KSC, and weapons are HOT as soon as they take off, though since every good aircraft uses radar jamming, this matters nearly zero. First up, against @dundun93's IV-15

Its a slaughter! The Pike, even Clamped, is a lean, mean, killing machine! Now lets see how it does against @Earthlinger's Berzerker 2.0

This one was closer than i admit, with only one aircraft surviving each match, but the Berzerker 2.0 pulls it out. Unfortunately, this means if we are to replace the pike with the pike clamped, the clamped would take the #4 spot, with Berzerker 2.0 taking the #3 and Rabid Squirrel taking the #2. If that's alright with you Eidahlil then let me know.

Alright, next up on the list, we have @AlexClark's X-59-B fighting for its spot on the board. Question is, can this gun-toting drone beat the likes of the IV-15?

Yes it can! Not how about @Eidahlil's Pike Clamped?

nnnot so much. It will retain a #5 spot on the roster, replacing @dundun92's IV-15

2 minutes ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

Do you know Da Wae to make good plane?

I know Da Wae to make a good RC plane: research up the wazoo and carbon fiber

XzslZZx.jpg

1 hour ago, exbyde said:

it_begins_by_angeomgwtfbbq-d4d1qc3.jpg

Courtesy of @dundun93 i'm getting off my lazy keister, back on my slightly less lazy keister and doing some dogfights. @Eidahlil's submitted a de-tuned version of his Pike fighter, the Pike Clamped. For it to replace the current Pike, it must be able to put up the same kind of fight the Pike does without the tuning. Lets see how that goes. To help speed things up, we're also doing dogfights over the water, meaning one team is stationed at the abandoned airbase, defending team is at KSC, and weapons are HOT as soon as they take off, though since every good aircraft uses radar jamming, this matters nearly zero. First up, against @dundun93's IV-15

Its a slaughter! The Pike, even Clamped, is a lean, mean, killing machine! Now lets see how it does against @Earthlinger's Berzerker 2.0

This one was closer than i admit, with only one aircraft surviving each match, but the Berzerker 2.0 pulls it out. Unfortunately, this means if we are to replace the pike with the pike clamped, the clamped would take the #4 spot, with Berzerker 2.0 taking the #3 and Rabid Squirrel taking the #2. If that's alright with you Eidahlil then let me know.

You meant @dundun92. Not @dundun93

26 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

@AlexClark, the X-59 won't stay on the leaderboard for long. 

it actually already lost to the DU-1b, but i couldnt upload the fight.

34 minutes ago, Abraxis said:

You should totally make a dundun69 account

you don't, i will.

20 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Dundun65C

3 hours ago, exbyde said:

I know Da Wae to make a good RC plane: research up the wazoo and carbon fiber

XzslZZx.jpg

Off topic, but you know the UFO in my thumbnail? That's my RC plane :cool: well ok not a plane but RC

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1977411-EDF-Flying-Saucer

showatt.php?attachmentid=6029288&d=13766

Edited by goduranus

4 hours ago, exbyde said:

his one was closer than i admit, with only one aircraft surviving each match, but the Berzerker 2.0 pulls it out

Those three fights were viciously fast :o

Battle 1 saw five planes destroyed in like 25 seconds :P:D

2 hours ago, goduranus said:

Off topic, but you know the UFO in my thumbnail? That's my RC plane :cool: well ok not a plane but RC

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1977411-EDF-Flying-Saucer

HA! small world! I remember seeing the video of the uncased version awhile ago.

I just thought you had a picture of a UFO or something.How does that fly, anyways? is the input lag noticeable from the EDFS or is it responsive?

2 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Those three fights were viciously fast :o

Battle 1 saw five planes destroyed in like 25 seconds :P:D

The new format puts all the planes in line from the start, so they cruise at each other at 600m/s from 36km instead of flying away at 240 then back at at 600m/s after a turn.

6 minutes ago, exbyde said:

The new format puts all the planes in line from the start, so they cruise at each other at 600m/s from 36km instead of flying away at 240 then back at at 600m/s after a turn.

So all those planes with only two and a half minutes of fuel on afterburner mode are going to be disadvantaged

Yay!

Just now, Earthlinger said:

So all those planes with only two and a half minutes of fuel on afterburner mode are going to be disadvantaged

Yay!

I doubt it makes that much of a difference, as most of those planes hit their redline and cruise at 50% power on burners, but theoretically yes. If it winds up makind a difference i'll address it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.