Air Superiority Fighter Competition Continued

exbyde

The new TFD 2.1 can beat the viper, RS, and TFD.

Coming later today!

2 hours ago, goduranus said:

I'll show the other side

850S5aJ.jpg

Oh. "modifying TFD".

59 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Yeah but you gotta go through Gunbrick first lol. :D It'll be getting at least #5 spot.

Lol

It beat the viper hands down! So... it should stand a chance against the Brick.

I'm using @goduranuss sidewinder contraption too! And so is @dundun92! It's become a new trend!

@Earthlinger, you've gotta try it!

@MiffedStarfish wanna enter?

Leaderboard needs to be updated @exbyde.

Just trying to keep things orderly. That's all...

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

It beat the viper hands down! So... it should stand a chance against the Brick.

The Brick works completely differently from the Viper. It's a hyper-Du-3, doing what that did, but better. Alternatively, it's a shorter-ranged Cookie.

If you're looking for an improved iteration of something like the Viper, that's the PEGASys (which is now #3 after goduranus posted a few battles). Viper is #4 now.

Only thing is, I haven't seen what the TFD 2.1 is like since I'm not at my computer to download it, so I can't actually predict what will happen since I don't know how the TFD 2.1 fights. I haven't even done a test of Gunbrick vs Vampire Squirrel MLRS (but I think it'll lose to VS).

Edited by Box of Stardust

4 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

The Brick works completely differently from the Viper. It's a hyper-Du-3, doing what that did, but better. Alternatively, it's a shorter-ranged Cookie.

If you're looking for an improved iteration of something like the Viper, that's the PEGASys (which is now #3 after goduranus posted a few battles). Viper is #4 now.

Only thing is, I haven't seen what the TFD 2.1 is like since I'm not at my computer to download it, so I can't actually predict what will happen since I don't know how the TFD 2.1 fights. I haven't even done a test of Gunbrick vs Vampire Squirrel MLRS (but I think it'll lose to VS).

Mine beats the new squirrel..... 

5 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

It is a TFD with the VS sidewinder-thingy.

2 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

It is a TFD with the VS sidewinder-thingy.

Yeah, I looked at the parts list and guessed that that's what the Modular Missile Manager was for.

Tbh, I don't know how the Gunbrick reacts to that since I haven't tested it against the VS yet (and I won't be able to until Monday).

I can tell you that it works kinda in favor of the PEGASys. 

4 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

and I won't be able to until Monday)

:P EDIT: oops sorry. content.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Yeah, I looked at the parts list and guessed that that's what the Modular Missile Manager was for.

Tbh, I don't know how the Gunbrick reacts to that since I haven't tested it against the VS yet (and I won't be able to until Monday).

I can tell you that it works kinda in favor of the PEGASys. 

What about the Du-5R?

6 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Remove da AMRAAMs. AMRAAM=FAILURE. Trust me, remove them. They no good.

Funny enough, ZLM-Master fitting it onto his Rafale actually gave it the ability to 1/3 or even 50/50 the Gunbrick lol.

Like, the one edge case where it works. Last thing I was working on was fitting AMRAAMs on the Basilisk and seeing if they could be made to work as routing missiles. They lock onto most aircraft here at 4km, with a few edge cases at 3km (one being Gunbrick), which is slightly longer-ranged than Sidewinder locks against the top of the leaderboard.

Of course, goduranus's MLRS kinda just turned that idea on its head, so idk.

@dundun92 Du-5R vs Gunbrick: RIP.

Gunbrick was made to counter the current meta of Sidewinder routing.

Just now, Box of Stardust said:

Funny enough, ZLM-Master fitting it onto his Rafale actually gave it the ability to 1/3 or even 50/50 the Gunbrick lol.

Like, the one edge case where it works. Last thing I was working on was fitting AMRAAMs on the Basilisk and seeing if they could be made to work as routing missiles. They lock onto most aircraft here at 4km, with a few edge cases at 3km (one being Gunbrick), which is slightly longer-ranged than Sidewinder locks against the top of the leaderboard.

FAILURE!

3 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Nope, if ur plane has 2 jammers, like the Du-3, or has 1 and is tiny (like the Du-5R), it is AMRAAM proof.

Lemme put it like this.

If AMRAAMs can lock on your plane, it needs MOAR

jammers.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

FAILURE!

Adding AMRAAMs you mean?

yeah probably lol

goduranus's MLRS does the job way better

@dundun92 Gunbrick has an ECM and has 3km track/lock with the aircraft radomes based off of the BDA RCS tool. The 3km launch range is just farther enough than the 2.7km IR lock range to be somewhat more effective.

3 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Adding AMRAAMs you mean?

yeah probably lol

goduranus's MLRS does the job way better

@dundun92 Gunbrick has an ECM and has 3km track/lock with the aircraft radomes based off of the BDA RCS tool. The 3km launch range is just farther enough than the 2.7km IR lock range to be somewhat more effective.

Jammers. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.