Make the DLC partially free.

@SpacePilotMax  I agree with what you say, I have already voiced my opinions on this DLC, in my opinion its just a mod and an expensive one. I think quality DLC should add something to the core gameplay of KSP more planets to explore in career mode. And although £12.99 isn't breaking the bank, I would rather keep hold of my £12.99 rather than pay for what I think is a bad DLC release, plenty on offer on Steam at the moment. :)

Overpriced? don't buy it.

Buggy? don't buy it.

It's only a few parts? don't buy it.

Don't like the features added? don't buy it.

Have the money and think it's worth it? buy it.

Should it be free? No. I ask for quality and content, so I'm ok if they ask for money. 

22 minutes ago, Red Thought said:

It's 15$, don't be cheap.    KSP needs more money for development.  :)

I looked at this thread the other day and was ready to unleash my whomping stick on somebody, but I see it's already been done.

Squad needs our support, whether it be financially or yelling at them for missing bugs.  It's all support in one form or another.  If they gave away more stuff for free, there would be less incentive to buy their product.  If they keep releasing DLC's, they'll keep getting income, and will continue to work on the project.  And that includes KSP2, which should be built around a better engine, allowing for better gameplay.  

for me, some DLC things should be in the stock game
like the structural panels, 1.25, 2.5 and 3.75m tubes
also the suit changer feature, minus the suit so the players had to make it/find it themselves
the rest are ok

On 4/8/2018 at 12:29 AM, Red Thought said:

It's 15$, don't be cheap.    KSP needs more money for development.  :)

Take Two Interactive has plenty of money. Their 2017 revenue was 1.78 billion dollars... with a "b".

None much.

Don't confuse my mentioning the amount of revenue the owners of KSP made last year as an endorsement of giving away DLC for free.  I was addressing the specific sentence I quoted.

Edited by klesh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.