[1.8.1 - 1.12.2] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.29.5 Release Thread

FreeThinker

Just now, FreeThinker said:

Have you checked the logs, do you see any exception or errors occuring?

No evidences of exceptions.

As a resume if you load both vessels that I uploaded, the error is very evident once the power theoretically supplied on the RED one is wrongly calculated.

The correct is in GW the incorrect is 2KW...

On 1/6/2020 at 9:21 AM, FreeThinker said:

We need to find out the minimum set of parts where this problem start to arrize

2 parts: any command pod and giantor solar panel. Before launch it will consume only about 0.03 ec/sec. Extend panel and retract it back. Drain will be about 10 ec/sec and 0.1MJ/sec so you will run out of charge in less than a second.

Can you reproduce it?

Spoiler

b4QMVCQ.png

Just start retracting so panel animation is not finised yet.

Mods in use: only KSPIE and dependencies

3oyYdAF.png

Edited by Siama
add some pics

I was pretty sure that problem is somewhere in MJ<->EC converter and my problem is related to @pmborg's one: "basically Megajoules Vanish without doing nothing". Just tested different setups and found out that supercaps seems to be fine. But all retractable solar panels insanely eating my ec since (at least) KSPIE-1.24.1.4 as it is first version for KSP-1.8.1 i've found. No exceptions in log and this is not reproducible with stock ksp-1.8.1.

25 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@pmborg

Question, why did you disable fuel concumption on Tri Alpha?

6TXo04h.jpg

It will cause the reactor to shut down and lose all power unless you selected UDD mode at startup.

I will fix the D-He3 initial search for fuel

Hello,

Actually the real fuel that I have on board of the real version of that space ship are in different tanks at front.

So I use that ones on reactor, as a kind of emergency fuel, for reactor, a kind of reserve if reactor become in starvation.

Also that allow me to use a specific mode and disable the other options reactor will not switch from one mode to another without I noticed, automatically.

But that is not related with the bugs reported, if they are enabled it is exactly the same behavior.

Here a picture of internal tanks, that I was mentioned:

TsVAsJO.png

Edited by pmborg

12 minutes ago, pmborg said:

But that is not related with the bugs reported, if they are allowed it is exactly the same behavior.

Well if you switch to UDD at startup , it will work at least for the 10 part vessel

6eI7hkT.jpg

Perhaps I need to install more mods before it happens. I made a fresh 1.8.1 install with only KSPIE and OPM Legacy installed

Edited by FreeThinker

6 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Well if you switch to UDD at startup , it will work at least for the 10 part vessel

6eI7hkT.jpg

A screen shot from a few seconds ago:

dVndlE0.png

Why there is only one reactor mentioned in "MegaJoules Management Display"?

• The both reactors should appear.
  • From this side is still zero.

Lol, If I try to startup with all the mods mentioned at KerbalX , I can't eve startup due to critical B9Switcher error.

How am I supposed to load this vessel?

36 minutes ago, pmborg said:

A screen shot from a few seconds ago:

Why there is only one reactor mentioned in "MegaJoules Management Display"?

• The both reactors should appear.
  • From this side is still zero.

Well only the Tri Alpha can produce electric power in this configuration but the PebbleBed should still show up in the THermalPower Management Display. Something is seriously interfering

Edited by FreeThinker

on this zip: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/42j3l8q61u0exr7/AAC6m7-o0bsK4Hm6wI5yuzvPa?dl=0

Use those versions there:

5fBSwdH.png

or just follow  what is there:

For KSP 1.8.1 - Clean Install:

1. Step install all these mods using CKAN with this file: installed_mods-interstellar.ckan
  2. Unzip GameData.zip to "Kerbal Space Program\GameData" (this will overwrite some files)
Edited by pmborg

Actually on that version, you should have 4 reactors:

• 2 x Timberwind embed on engine
  • 1 Tri Alpha
  • 1 Peeble

The "MegaJoules Managment Display" don't match with "ThermalPower Managment Display"

In "Theorically Supply" field for example

30 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Actually on that version, you should have 4 reactors:

• 2 x Timberwind embed on engine
  • 1 Tri Alpha
  • 1 Peeble

The "MegaJoules Managment Display" don't match with "ThermalPower Managment Display"

In "Theorically Supply" field for example

I could not find any Pebble Reactor on the exported vessel but regarding the Management Display it can be explained by the grouping  algortih which tries to hide duplicte or unintresting information. which I agree might give the wrong impression

kuvpR8S.jpg

As you can see, everything seems to be accounted for when properly activated

Edited by FreeThinker

7 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I could not find any Pebble Reactor on the exported vessel but regarding the Management Display it can be explained by the grouping  algortih which tries to hide duplicte or unintresting information. which I agree might give the wrong impression

Just remove the engine in "SPH" or "VAB" Editor and then the reactors they both  there :)

Edited by pmborg

Just now, FreeThinker said:

Ok I found the pebblebed, but since it not connected to anything, I don't think it wil even activate.

They were connected correctly, but just moved in align adjustment:

If you open the craft file in a notepad++ editor:

PART
{
    part = KspiTriAlphaFusionReactor_4276593504
    partName = Part
    persistentId = 173500320
    pos = 6.63898659,6.19998407,1
    attPos = 0,-5.46399212,2.27975488E-06
    attPos0 = 0,3.06400681,-1.27840303E-06
    rot = -0.5,-0.5,-0.5,0.5
    attRot = 0.99999994,0,0,0
    attRot0 = 0,1,-2.08616228E-07,0
    mir = 1,1,1
    symMethod = Mirror
    autostrutMode = Off
    rigidAttachment = False
    istg = -1
    resPri = 0
    dstg = 0
    sidx = -1
    sqor = -1
    sepI = -1
    attm = 0
    sameVesselCollision = False
    modCost = -39494.4453
    modMass = -1.51640618
    modSize = 0,0,0
    link = KspiPebbleBed_4292197470

12 minutes ago, pmborg said:

They were connected correctly, but just moved in align adjustment:

If you open the craft file in a notepad++ editor:

PART
{
    part = KspiTriAlphaFusionReactor_4276593504
    partName = Part
    persistentId = 173500320
    pos = 6.63898659,6.19998407,1
    attPos = 0,-5.46399212,2.27975488E-06
    attPos0 = 0,3.06400681,-1.27840303E-06
    rot = -0.5,-0.5,-0.5,0.5
    attRot = 0.99999994,0,0,0
    attRot0 = 0,1,-2.08616228E-07,0
    mir = 1,1,1
    symMethod = Mirror
    autostrutMode = Off
    rigidAttachment = False
    istg = -1
    resPri = 0
    dstg = 0
    sidx = -1
    sqor = -1
    sepI = -1
    attm = 0
    sameVesselCollision = False
    modCost = -39494.4453
    modMass = -1.51640618
    modSize = 0,0,0
    link = KspiPebbleBed_4292197470

I guess there is a misunderstanding here. The Pebblebed is not allowed to work together with the Tri Alpha. It might have in the recent past but I assure your they are not supposed to

THe Pebblebed only function when connected to a thermal power generator or thermal engine like the thermal launch nozzle. (you are allowered to put several parts in between)

K8Gj3MN.jpg

but I agree the engine that are not activate should not request any power

At least when everything is connected and activated, it all matched up. perhaps it need some better sorting, but thats a detail

0wQNp2V.jpg

Edited by FreeThinker

13 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I guess there is a misunderstanding here. The Pebblebed is not allowed to work together with the Tri Alpha. It might have in the recent past but I assure your they are not supposed to

THe Pebblebed only function when connected to a thermal power generator or thermal engine like the thermal launch nozzle. (you are allowered to put several parts in between)

K8Gj3MN.jpg

"I guess there is a misunderstanding here. The Pebblebed is not allowed to work together with the Tri Alpha. It might have in the recent past but I assure your they are not supposed to

THe Pebblebed only function when connected to a thermal power generator or thermal engine like the thermal launch nozzle. (you are allowered to put several parts in between)"

Ok, that might be the case, but it seams that those reactors when they are together the system internally have a bug or something and start to report weird values that dont make sense.

I will remove it from the final version of the spaceship and I will check the behavior.

Edited by pmborg

18 hours ago, pmborg said:

Recording now a takeoff video with crazy values:

Alright, what I think happens here is that the Tri Alpha Power is chooking (because it has no access to fuel) causing the whole system to lose all Megajoules and Electric Charge. At least this doesn't affect the ElectricCharge too much but the Megajoules management display regisristres the shortcomming as power usage, which is not the case. After the timberwind alternators had a change to rechage the power, everything works again as it should.  

Weird, its almost as if the Tri alpha is lazy or out charge . Have you tried charging and switching fuel mode on Tri Alpha?

Possibly what happened is that at startup it lost all power after is choked, causing it to lose all power and backup charge (an internal power buffer)

Edited by FreeThinker

Hello @FreeThinker

I think that I found a way to avoid this problem, nevertheless the problem is there.

If the reactor start in editor already pre-set in "ultra dense lqddeuterium" mode this problem is not revealed or is avoided.

I will upload the video that will show a completely different behavior, ofc with same SW pack and versions and with the same spaceplane version, nothing changed except the pre-set of tri-alpha reactor.

Edited by pmborg