Eskandare

Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Eskandare What happened to the 4800x72m runway shown here?

 

Next release, which won't be nearly as long apart as this one was. Also more taxi roads, another airfield, long range radar tower, dorms, research facility,, new dishes, and new observatory. Vandenberg SLC-6 launch pad will be some time after as i need to redesign a few things.

Edited by Eskandare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is a little album of me making the small hangars similar to the ones in the R&D at KSC. These will be used on some of the up coming statics.

Making KSP Structures

Edited by Eskandare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Here is a little album of me making the small hangars similar to the ones in the R&D at KSC. These will be used on some of the up coming statics.

Making KSP Structures

So that hangar will have a functioning door just like the airship hangar? That's cool!

EDIT: Will you add in roll-away-for-launch VAB-Launchpads like the one in SLC-6, 37 and Kagoshima?

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/26/2019 at 6:51 AM, FahmiRBLXian said:

So that hangar will have a functioning door just like the airship hangar? That's cool!

EDIT: Will you add in roll-away-for-launch VAB-Launchpads like the one in SLC-6, 37 and Kagoshima?

No... It's completely static. I debated making it open up or have an open variant. I don't have any VAB or Launchpad plans other then SLC-6 which will have roll-away animation.

Edited by Eskandare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was playing around with placing static radio towers, etc. on nearby islands, and realized that:

a) it would be great to *not* have the snap-together baseplate for putting a radio mast on top of a hill

and b) could we use a placeable static to put a warning/hazard light on top of tall things like radio masts/dish antennas, etc? I'd love to be traveling at dusk/night and see those little warning bits.

Do such lights exist already and I've missed them? Some parts have glowy bits (like runways lights), so it's certainly related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, Eskandare said:

... which will have roll-away animation.

I would love if players spawn inside the launchpad-VAB in its closed configuration and then hit a kind of switch to open / close it just like the airship hangar.

Edited by FahmiRBLXian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Getting a LOT of errors on startup for KSR. Out of 1356 lines in my KSP.log referencing KSR, 511 of them are errors. I'm also running the Airports expansion, but all of those 511 exclude the Airports sub directory references. (also it doesn't change when I remove the Airports pack) Of those 511, 507 of them appear to be missing textures and the other 4 are "LoadModelInstances: No Model named SQUAD_Desert_Airfield*" missing models.

Running KSP1.7.3 with all the latest mod updates for all my mods. (and I know there are many, but the issue is persistent even in a clean install)

So my question is, are any of these going to be a problem? I can assume that the missing textures might cause graphical errors, but missing models would result in buildings not even showing up, so I don't even know what's missing.

Thank you for your hard work and I hope you can answer me easily enough! :lol:

Edit: Also noticed 172 instances of "[Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!" errors, which I think might be more serious. (still re-learning how to read a Log file after several years away from the game raising kids :^Þ )

Edited by RobertaME
Additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2019 at 10:24 PM, RobertaME said:

Getting a LOT of errors on startup for KSR. Out of 1356 lines in my KSP.log referencing KSR, 511 of them are errors. I'm also running the Airports expansion, but all of those 511 exclude the Airports sub directory references. (also it doesn't change when I remove the Airports pack) Of those 511, 507 of them appear to be missing textures and the other 4 are "LoadModelInstances: No Model named SQUAD_Desert_Airfield*" missing models.

Running KSP1.7.3 with all the latest mod updates for all my mods. (and I know there are many, but the issue is persistent even in a clean install)

So my question is, are any of these going to be a problem? I can assume that the missing textures might cause graphical errors, but missing models would result in buildings not even showing up, so I don't even know what's missing.

Thank you for your hard work and I hope you can answer me easily enough! :lol:

Edit: Also noticed 172 instances of "[Physics.PhysX] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!" errors, which I think might be more serious. (still re-learning how to read a Log file after several years away from the game raising kids :^Þ )

Those errors are the textures, shaders, and colliders being replaced. It is in fact not an error but a warning that a texture, or shader cannot be found because it is not distributed in GameData folder. The components are already a part of KSP. All KK does is assigns them to the mesh. The physX error is the mesh collider being replaced by the KK collider logic. This allows the mesh collider to be used as a baked box collider instead of using many convex colliders.

Edited by Eskandare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect! Then I'll ignore them. Thanks for the info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

hell YEAH!

EDIT: I will patiently wait for some hero to make a new Kerbin Side Remastered GAP contract pack :D

Edited by nwillard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive my ignorance if it's covered elsewhere in the thread, but I noticed you can interact with the observatories and it has options to assign kerbals to them to generate science. How do you actually assign staff to them? When I click the button to assign them it says no unassigned kerbals available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.