trapbuilder2

Can't place maneuver node

Question

Hello,

Whenever I get into an orbit around kerbin, I lose the ability to place maneuver nodes along the orbit path. Before I reach orbit, this is not an issue.

This is a science game with the following mods:

• Interstellar
  • KAS
  • KIS
  • MechJeb2
  • NearFutureElectrical
  • NearFutureSolar
  • NearFuturePropulsion
  • Kerbal Planatary Base Systems
  • Community Tech Tree

The mods were manually installed. I have not played in a while, so has there been a change that I don't no about that requires me to do something else to use the nodes in orbit?

Update: Going to the space centre then back to the ship lets me place another node, testing whether getting into another orbit breaks the system again.

Update: Moving into a second orbit doesn't require the "reset", however entering orbit on a different flight (launched after the first one) does.

Update: The problem seems to have slightly stopped. It no longer happens every time, but it still happens occasionally upon a Mun flyby

Edited by trapbuilder2
Extra info

6 answers to this question

Sounds like a support issue. And so, thread moved to Support. Good luck. 

Have you upgraded your tracking station and mission control to level 2? Without that you can’t add maneuver nodes.I remember having this problem a while ago and thinking my game was broken. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

Have you upgraded your tracking station and mission control to level 2? Without that you can’t add maneuver nodes.I remember having this problem a while ago and thinking my game was broken. 

Its a science game, everything starts at max level

9 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Can MJ place the nodes? 

Maybe it can, but I currently only have the first level of MechJeb unlocked, so even if it can, it can't right now.

Sorry for necroing this thread, but I have the same problem. After some events (such as launching and making an orbit), I can't create maneuver nodes. The gray dot shows on the orbit, but clicking does nothing. Changing scene and going back sometimes fixed the issue and sometimes doesn't.

I use lots of mods, but some are the same as @trapbuilder2's, namely:

• KSP-IE
  • KAS
  • KIS
  • NearFutureElectrical
  • NearFutureSolar
  • NearFuturePropulsion
  • Community Tech Tree