Where can I find inflatable habitation modules?

TheNowMovement1

I remember some time ago where I found a mod with these cool inflatable habitation modules and cannot seem to be resourceful enough to find a mod that works like I thought.  I keep finding mods that kinda lump life support with such items... and I'm not too interested in the life support aspect...

Can you all point me in the right direction?  I'm looking for something that works for 1.4.4.  

As always, you guys rock and I thank you for your help!

21 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Lots of options...here are a few off the top of my head...

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux, MKS, Ven's Stock Revamp, Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts

Awesome! I knew there were plenty out there from perusing the forums... I just couldn’t for the life of me recall any that works as I thought. I’ll definitely be looking into these.

14 minutes ago, TheNowMovement1 said:

Awesome! I knew there were plenty out there from perusing the forums... I just couldn’t for the life of me recall any that works as I thought. I’ll definitely be looking into these.

IMHO you should start with Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux - it's in active development and @Nertea sweats the details.

Ven's has a couple of cool parts and development is still progressing somewhat in the background.

MKS is cool because a lot of the extensible structures require kerbals and additional equipment. MKS comes with a lot of other game mechanics though and it's not easy to strip them out, so you kind of have to either buy into the MKS game mechanics or not.

Tokamak is maintained by the inestimable @linuxgurugamer, but it's not being expanded, only kept updated for compatibility.

Edited by Tyko

47 minutes ago, Mike Mars said:

I second Pathfinder.

Lots of options and very easy to use.

I have bases on the Mun, Duna and Slate.

Good luck and have fun.

MM

I looked into this one. While I think it’s be great to have, I went with Stockalike Station Parts. I’m trying desperately to find a balance between keeping a fun game while also not killing my poor 6 year old laptop... so alas, I went with that! 

Also, thanks to all you guys for responding! I’m always so impressed with how cordial and helpful everyone is on this forum.

9 minutes ago, TheNowMovement1 said:

I’m trying desperately to find a balance between keeping a fun game while also not killing my poor 6 year old laptop...

Only 6 years old? It's just broken in! :D

Mines pushing 8. But then i don't use it all that much.

Edited by SpaceMouse

3 hours ago, TheNowMovement1 said:

I looked into this one. While I think it’s be great to have, I went with Stockalike Station Parts. I’m trying desperately to find a balance between keeping a fun game while also not killing my poor 6 year old laptop... so alas, I went with that! 

Also, thanks to all you guys for responding! I’m always so impressed with how cordial and helpful everyone is on this forum.

You might want to try a mod called Janitor's Closet.  It let's you selectively prune parts to save memory.  I have an old laptop as well and pruning parts and deleting unnecessary files saves a lot of memory, speeds up loading and reduces lag.

Have fun.

MM

15 hours ago, Mike Mars said:

You might want to try a mod called Janitor's Closet.  It let's you selectively prune parts to save memory.  I have an old laptop as well and pruning parts and deleting unnecessary files saves a lot of memory, speeds up loading and reduces lag.

Have fun.

MM

I feel like I dont know how to fully utilize Janitor's Closet... but I also use 1 or 2 pieces from each mod in my ships, so I kind of figured Janitor's Closet isn't much use for that sort of thing.  Like... I may have overlooked being able to just take certain parts away from the mods, but it wasn't really obvious.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.