Sign in to follow this  
TheKurgan

Decrease Control Authority at high speeds.

Hello all,

I have been creating some extremely fast jets, drones and modular missiles lately, and I was thinking that a mod that could decrease the control surface max deflection, or preferably their authority at high speeds would be awesome.

The jets and missiles I have created, some that do almost mach 5 (with ZERO custom parts) , have to have very low authority when doing speeds in excess of mach 1.5, or they explode from g forces when attempting maneuvers... because of this very low authority, they handle like  turds at low speeds. I know in reality you would just use less input, but the AI didn't get the memo...

Does anyone have the expertise to create such a plugin?

My modding skills are definitely not there yet.

Thanks.

This Modular Missile peaked at mach 4.98

Spoiler

Edited by TheKurgan

Hmm... looking at it now. Last update was for 1.3. Going to peek at the source code.

@Nightside Thanks for that tip!

I found a fork from the original repository that was updated for Authority vs deflection, I recompiled it for 1.5.1, and it works good enough for what I want it for.

Cheers!

Edited by TheKurgan
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 12:41 AM, TheKurgan said:

@Nightside Thanks for that tip!

I found a fork from the original repository that was updated for Authority vs deflection, I recompiled it for 1.5.1, and it works good enough for what I want it for.

Cheers!

Mind sharing with the rest of the class?

If you're looking for a mod with a listed license Crzyrndm had a mod "Dynamic Deflection" Here:

That was originally GPLv3 but released as public domain here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/163707-no-longer-maintaining/

Edit: looks like DynamicControls was forked from Crzyrndm's work

Edited by wasml
Additional info

@wasml Yes, I checked out the original by Crzyrndm and I didn't see the licence, but later found it. like you said GPLv3. So it's ok to change it, and share it.

Edited by TheKurgan

@TheKurgan Note the second link - When Crzyrndm left they changed the license to public domain - not sure how that impacts revives (allows more freedom to do as you please?)