Really dense question about how to buy

jnbspace

I've been playing the demo version for a while and decided to get the full version.

So I follow the links from the demo version and the websites all fall over. A bit of investigation shows that some pages work some don't. Searching around the pages on the web site that do work seem to only refer to editions running on Xbox or playstation. Googling points back to https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com or 3rd party sites selling steam keys (which sounds a bit iffy). Ignoring the 3rd party sites and going directly to steam finds kerbal there but I thought that kerbal was not a steam game but running on a unity engine directly on the PC. I have played a few games on steam but they have all depended on a network connection.

So;

• has kerbal now become a steam game
  • Is there a non steam and steam version?
  • If it is on steam does it depend on a network connection (I expect that to be no but let's ask anyway)
  • and most importantly of all ... if the get full game link off the demo doesn't work how am I supposed to buy this thing?

Thanks in advance

Hello jnbspace, and welcome to the forum!

Squad has just revamped their website and there have been a few growing pains.

The game is available directly from Squad at the 'Store' section of the website.

It is also available through Steam and several other outlets.

Network connectivity is not required to play, even if you purchase from Steam.

Try: https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/store/

Happy landings!

Welcome @jnbspace.

I've got the steam version - the only thing to be aware of are automatic updates that can ruin your save if you are running mods although it's possible and easy to copy the entire game out of the default steam directory to make a modded install immune to update breakage blues.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I just bought it straight from the official website (two days ago), and chose the direct version for PC (NOT STEAM, because I don't like to be tied to third party platforms that may discontinue support at their will).

The order process worked well, but some issue in the shop process prevented them to deliver the download link immediately, even my payment had been approved immediately. I contacted support and in the next day they released the download link.

PS: I didn't realize that this post was too old. jnbspace probably is already a veteran... :lol:

Edited by MarkOak