Let us place our own launch facilites

This could be an interesting idea,and one that could be expanded upon,like being able of making your own facilitys in a similar way that we use to build rockets.

My idea would be:

You start with a very simple launchsite(A VAB with paths that lead to a dirt runway and a launchsite that is just a bit of concrete)And a bunch of cranes or other building vehicles,Clicking on them would allow you start building the facility,You would have to select one of the next ones:RyD,Administration,Mission control,and tracking station.Then you build the building and you plop it down wherever you like(aslong as its in an area of 1 mile around the KSC).When you place the building it will ofcourse cost money.

3 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Money and science points for other planets. Perhaps place building where weaver the waypoints are

For other planets they should add a part that acts like a builder this will need to be on the planet for building and you could only build at a max of 5 Km from it,Since making a space center in other worlds could be a little OP you should need to ship materials form kerbin to build facilities and crafts on the planet.Maybe for the late-colonization there could be mines to return to use funds for building stuff offworld

Edited by KerbolExplorer

20 hours ago, KSPACE said:

Hold on....      Miles?

Just... Just...    Why?!?!?! 

We don't live in the dark ages (hopefully).

Merica (insert eagle sound) (American flag emoji )

A 2 km range would be fine 

We Mericans went to the moon on miles and feet your Kilometers can get lost &)

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

I like that... It would be much easier for doing things when you need certain terrain.

For example, I wanted to make a really fast car thing, but couldn't because the runway isn't long enough to gain any real speed. So the only place I would be able to go was one of the poles, and I didn't want to have to fly my vehicle all the way out there. 

However, if I was just able to slap a runway down in Antarctica, I would have a flat surface right next to the KSC.

Also, if I wanted a different type of terrain, such as mountains (for climbing or driving up or whatever), then you could just be there instead of having to fly something over.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:13 PM, Cheif Operations Director said:

Let us place our own launch facilites so long as we have been within 1 mile of the place

KSP uses the metric system so 1 mile would equal ~150km

17 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Merica (insert eagle sound) (American flag emoji )

A 2 km range would be fine 

We Mericans went to the moon on miles and feet your Kilometers can get lost &)

ESA landed something too.

(am fellow Mercian but) OUR IMPERIAL SYSTEM CAN GET LOST! &)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Lander_(spacecraft)

I still don't get why we didn't use metric. It's just so much easier.

Edited by MSA

5 hours ago, MSA said:

ESA landed something too.

(am fellow Mercian but) OUR IMPERIAL SYSTEM CAN GET LOST! &)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Lander_(spacecraft)

I still don't get why we didn't use metric. It's just so much easier.

Imperial all the way (starts humming imperial march) &)

In all serious I know what you mean but it has to due with economics the switch will hurt the economy a lot inititally. Secondly it is part of American "identity" 

Atleast for some people

Edited by Cheif Operations Director

36 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Imperial all the way (starts humming imperial march) &)

In all serious I know what you mean but it has to due with economics the switch will hurt the economy a lot inititally. Secondly it is part of American "identity" 

Atleast for some people

I meant back in 1776

10 hours ago, MSA said:

Errr...... I think you might have a slight rounding error there.   1 mile = 1.6 km.   Unless you are a implying that Kerbals do not understand the concept of a mile, so first the mile must be converted to a kilometer and then then multiplied by the Earth to Kerbin size ratio.....

And let's try to focus on the topic at hand, not the measurement used.  

Edit: Says the guy who just helped continue the derailment.....

Edited by Gargamel

2 hours ago, Noah the Smol said:

kerbal Konstructs.

Ill look into it

20 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

This is a request for the stock game. though Kerbal Konstructs is awesome, many of us would prefer something integrated into career mode, ISRU, etc.

Exactly always annoying when someone says their is a mod for that

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.