Why is the expansion folder called “Serenity “?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just got the new ksp update and whenever i launch the game at the end of the loading bar it always says : verifying expansion:breaking ground squadexpansion serenity, then it just keeps changing screen images and stops working. I have double checked that I have the latest version of all my expansions. Any thing would be really helpful!

34 minutes ago, Werrie019 said:

I just got the new ksp update and whenever i launch the game at the end of the loading bar it always says : verifying expansion:breaking ground squadexpansion serenity, then it just keeps changing screen images and stops working.

Do you use any mods that are not (yet) compatible with the new version of KSP? (Most mods will need to be updated for KSP 1.8!)

Otherwise I would suggest to ask in the technical support subforum.

13 hours ago, AHHans said:

Do you use any mods that are not (yet) compatible with the new version of KSP? (Most mods will need to be updated for KSP 1.8!)

I tried to delete all my mods but kinda forget which ones I had, now i'm just trying to validate game assets to find missing or corrupted files. Thanks for the response in was much appreciated.

Its not a big deal per se, but why not change the name of the folder to Breaking Ground when the product comes out of the secret development code name phase and moves into the retail product name?  I know Microsoft does that:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_codenames

To avoid any problems, couldn't you run a search through all the relevant files and replace all instances of "serenity" with "breakingground" for things like file paths etc? 

• 3 weeks later...

It is part of the squad update squadexspansion the serenity is a subfolder but it is also part of breaking ground robotic. unfortunately  it is not downloading in the 1.8.1 for most users. Like me The ships will load but the robotics will not work.

On 10/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, AHHans said:

it has problem with 8.1 that is part of the Gamedata folder for squad that has all the robotic. I don't know why but it will not load on 1.8 I do not know if it is part of the core game or not I sent it off to support no reply yet

On 10/19/2019 at 12:31 PM, klesh said:

Its not a big deal per se, but why not change the name of the folder to Breaking Ground when the product comes out of the secret development code name phase and moves into the retail product name? 

To much to lose, too few to gain. Once you do all the QC on the thing, a change like that will demand a new round of testing.

And it's not that useful as you think. More than often, you reuse components from other products and you don't want to use on the new product the name from another. As a example, what's Breaking Ground on KSP1.8 can be called Heavenly Automations on a new game called Human Space Program - so instead of renaming every single artifact all the time, you keep the codename and then work only on the localisation files.

Edited by Lisias
Kraken damned Autocompletes

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.