KIS Item

Tranquil

Hi there, in my KIS inventory there is, from some other mod, a handheld camera which won't work correctly, cause it says it has a volume of 345 litres, so the Kerbal's aren't able to have it in their own inventory nore be able to pick it up. Does someone know where / how the volume is defined? I'm not sure if this is the right place for my Question.

Edited by Tranquil

1 hour ago, Tranquil said:

Thank you :-) how do i find out? Is this in the config file of the part or somewhere else? Can I change the volume in the config file? 

For most parts it's auto-calculated.  However, it can be added as an override in the .cfg file.  Example:

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISItem
		volumeOverride = 45
	}

So you could look for that in the config file, or write an MM patch to add that.

33 minutes ago, DStaal said:

write an MM patch to add that.

I wouldn't change the part directly - rather (like @DStaal said) use a personal module manager patch - something like:

// need part NAME from actual part.cfg between the brackets []
@PART[]:NEEDS[KIS]:FINAL
{
	%MODULE[ModuleKISItem]
	{
		// replace with volume of item
	      volumeOverride = 45
	}
}

Edited by zer0Kerbal

MM patches are a better solution than changing the config file - it allows you to update the source of the parts and keep your changes intact in a separate file.

Mass is just another line in the config file.  I believe it's either 'Mass' or 'mass'.  (Case matters.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.