What do you do when your manned missions run out of fuel?

έķ νίĻĻάίή

11 hours ago, RizzoTheRat said:

I also revert and reload from saves A LOT as I'm using KOS

While I'm not playing hardcore by any means, I do play Dead is Dead, and I try to only revert if I intended the launch to be a test launch.    Usually I've docked with something, or switched vessels, or whatever to mess up the revert.

But when you're using KOS....   "NO DANGIT!   I said turn right at Space!"   Is a completely normal situation I hear.   Revert to your heart's content.

35 minutes ago, RizzoTheRat said:

After who knows how many thousands of hours I've played, I've just learned something new. 

we apparently have very different play styles then. i discovered this when i sent up a craft armed with two klaws to join two other spaceships in orbit, and no matter what i did the second klaw would not connect.

9 hours ago, Gargamel said:

But when you're using KOS....   "NO DANGIT!   I said turn right at Space!"   Is a completely normal situation I hear.   Revert to your heart's content.

Launch -> F5 -> Circularise -> F5 -> Transfer to Mun -> F5 -> Circularise -> F5 -> Change inclination -> F5 -> Drop Pe over target -> F5 -> Brake -> Oh I'm sorry you forgot to put a full stop at the end of this line of code to deploy the landing gear -> Crash -> F9  :D

2 hours ago, Nezclaw said:

we apparently have very different play styles then. i discovered this when i sent up a craft armed with two klaws to join two other spaceships in orbit, and no matter what i did the second klaw would not connect.

I've only really used them to refuel something without a docking port or for module recovery missions.  I generally put docking ports on everything though so they don't get used a lot.  Ideal for providing emergency fuel to stranded craft without a docking port though.

23 hours ago, Nezclaw said:

you can only have one Klaw attached to something at a time though.

Unless you are referring to using two klaws on Ship A and trying to connect them both to ship B, I do not think this is the case.

In any case, I usually put a nose klaw on any ship with a complex mission/IRSU so that it can easily connect with any derelict- er refueling stations.

When I run out of fuel, I generally send a fuel pod quipped with a klaw to refuel it.  Preferably one that can land on a near-by body and refuel on it's own in preparation for the next ... um pre-planned refueling.

I also like putting ISRU on anything leaving the Kerbin system with crew so that they can land and 'rescue' themselves if needed. 

10 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

First off, how would that keep you from getting fuel into your craft? Secondly, have you tried it since 1.8 introduced Same Vessel interactions? I've not, but now I'm curious.

ah no i haven't, i'm on 1.7

in any case, the hardest part about docking is making sure you have your RCS thrusters positioned correctly so you can translate and not just start spinning off.

Edited by Nezclaw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.