RP-1 Realistic Progression One for KSP 1.12.3

pap1723

Hi

I just made a new install as regarded in the install instructions, everything works fine. Thanks for your great work making this mod.

As KIS and KAS are not mentioned in the install guide, do they work withe RP-1 ?

And when i install KSP, can i also use the DLC`s from the game in RP-1(History and Breaking Ground Expansion?

Thanks

I'm trying to get my Atlas/Agena rocket working. I'm having an issue with the XLR-81 Agena engine itself. the description says that it can gimbal 5 degrees, but in flight it wont gimbal at all. I only have the initial variant unlocked, but there is nothing to indicate that I need to unlock gimbaling. yes, the stage can easily be controlled with 5 degree gimballing. 

I will have to reload to a save prior to 5 X-15 flights if I can't get this impact probe to the moon. 

RP-1 Express Install

v1.11.3 for KSP 1.10

Changes

• Write number of killed kerbals to career log.
  • Move Apollo Block III+ HS to command from EDL.
  • Move LMAE version of Apollo Block III+ SPS back to 1970 rocketry from 1976.
  • Increase rewards for Mars/Phobos sample return.
  • Increase rewards for space station contracts.
  • Lower rewards on SCANsat biome contracts.
  • Adjust ScanSat body categories and rewards (#1585)
  • Set Kerbal G Tolerance Multiplier to 1 for all difficulty presets.
  • Decrease entry cost for LR87/91-AJ-9-Kero.
  • Add kOS disk space to upgrade part description (#1579)
  • Add Reputation and Hype to career logging (#1584)
  • Increase cost of ROE RD-215, RN RD-216 (#1582)
  • Add J57-P-8 and RD-9B to tech tree (#1588)
  • Disable the new 1.12 stock contracts
  • Add EVA chute and jetpack to the tech tree.
  • Enable AutoStrut in the start tech node.

Bug Fixes

• Restore the previous behavior where the user was warned for unmet facility requirements but still add vessel to build queue.
  • Fix bug in ModuleUnpressurizedCockpit causing incorrect asphyxiation behaviour.
  • Fix bug where split VAB and SPH queue caused long rollout times.
  • Fix KCTVesselTracker losing data for undocked vessels. This allowed recovering VAB-built vessels to SPH and vice versa.

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: @siimav, @NathanKell, @Amselfass, @bongotastic, @lpgagnon @TwistedGiraffe @Capkirk123 @StonesmileGit

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, AmericanRocketryRambler said:

also, does the launch pad upgrade let your rocket be bigger? My orbital rocket is 35.3 meters and the cap is 33.

You need to build a new launch pad from the Kerbal Construction Time menu. At the bottom of the KCT menu where it shows your build queue, it should have a button that lets you build a new pad.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:20 AM, Razgriz1 said:

You need to build a new launch pad from the Kerbal Construction Time menu. At the bottom of the KCT menu where it shows your build queue, it should have a button that lets you build a new pad.

I know how to upgrade, but the only thing the upgrade menu talks about is tonnage limits, and I wasn’t sure if it upgraded the rest too.

1 hour ago, AmericanRocketryRambler said:

I know how to upgrade, but the only thing the upgrade menu talks about is tonnage limits, and I wasn’t sure if it upgraded the rest too.

I'm not even really sure whether or not the part count and size limits are even really used in RP-1 for the launch pad/VAB, tbh. I know vessel size matters for airlaunching, but that's the only time I've seen it as an actual constraint.

• 3 weeks later...

Any tips how i can prevent burn up during re-entry from suborbital flights of sound rockets early in career?

I have no heat shields yet and some times my parachute/science avionics survive but most of the time they do not. The tanks and nose cone always explode

Edited by Alioth81

Most of the time I don't care if my sounding rockets burn up on re-entry.  Most of them don't even have chutes.

If you have an experiment that you need to recover, then make the bit that you recover as light and draggy as practical, and don't launch too high. 

I'm having a problem with Kerbal Construction Time using RP-1. When I roll my sounding rocket out to the pad, I have the option of recovering to the VAB to fix failed engine ignition. However, once the mission has ended and the rocket parachutes back down I am unable to recover the vessel to either the SPH or the VAB via the KCT menu. I don't have a screenshot of it to share but the menu looks similar to this one from an unrelated reddit post, even when the vessel is still active, ignoring the craft that is under construction:

I'm getting rediculus amount of time RP-1 Kerbal construction time help ! :  r/KerbalSpaceProgram

Edited by Sparrowhawk
clarify

35 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

I'm having a problem with Kerbal Construction Time using RP-1. When I roll my sounding rocket out to the pad, I have the option of recovering to the VAB to fix failed engine ignition. However, once the mission has ended and the rocket parachutes back down I am unable to recover the vessel to either the SPH or the VAB via the KCT menu. I don't have a screenshot of it to share but the menu looks similar to this one from an unrelated reddit post, even when the vessel is still active, ignoring the craft that is under construction:

Working as intended. https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/wiki/New-FAQs#why-can-i-recover-to-the-sph-but-not-the-vab

Has there been some sort of change to solar panels recently ? Last year I built some early game space craft with solar panels that would keep them perpetually powered up if oriented correctly. I started a new game late last year and now these same craft slowly lose power (daytime exposure no longer offsets nighttime drain) and I don't understand why. I've had a look around and can't see any in game options to change this nor any notification of changes to the mods, or am I missing something obvious (again !). I've been patching the mods when updates have been made available.

(hoping I post this in the right thread this time)

I'm having an issue with recovering a rocket that had an engine failure on the pad. I start the engine, let go of the clamp, and then we get a performance loss. So the rocket fell back onto the pad and now I need to recover it. The thing is that I want to use Kerbal Construction Time to pull it back in and refurbish it so I can get it back out before one of my contracts expires. The thing is that when I bring up the KTC button to recover the craft, there isn't any option to do that. I can only recover it through normal KSP recovery. 

Does anyone know why this is happening and/or fix it?

12 minutes ago, DragonInSpace said:

(hoping I post this in the right thread this time)

I'm having an issue with recovering a rocket that had an engine failure on the pad. I start the engine, let go of the clamp, and then we get a performance loss. So the rocket fell back onto the pad and now I need to recover it. The thing is that I want to use Kerbal Construction Time to pull it back in and refurbish it so I can get it back out before one of my contracts expires. The thing is that when I bring up the KTC button to recover the craft, there isn't any option to do that. I can only recover it through normal KSP recovery. 

Does anyone know why this is happening and/or fix it?

Your craft has officially 'launched' and you don't have the technology (I forget which node) to recover vehicles launched from the launch pad.   It's not 100% realistic (Gemini 6 had an abort just after launch and was recovered) but that's how the game is.  I think you can allow launch pad recoveries by playing with the CustomBarnKit configs.

14 hours ago, Pehvbot said:

Your craft has officially 'launched' and you don't have the technology (I forget which node) to recover vehicles launched from the launch pad.   It's not 100% realistic (Gemini 6 had an abort just after launch and was recovered) but that's how the game is.  I think you can allow launch pad recoveries by playing with the CustomBarnKit configs.

Well that's a shame. Since I can't seem to find the right value to edit in the configs, I guess I'll just rush build another copy of the rocket with cheated funds to emulate the recovery and refurbishment .

On 1/16/2022 at 3:14 PM, Pehvbot said:

It's not 100% realistic (Gemini 6 had an abort just after launch and was recovered) but that's how the game is. 

It's worth pointing out that the Gemini 6A launch abort happened after engine start, but before the launch clamps released, so I'm not sure that is considered as an abort after launch.  

In real life, an engine shutdown and the vehicle falling more than a few inches back to the pad, is likely to result in a fuel leak and fire.  eg Vanguard TV3 and Atlas/Centaur AC-5.

I really don't understand the Real Antenna UI and mechanics.

Usually I don't have problems. But when I do I can't figure out the cause or the solution.

For instance, now I am designing a lunar orbiter, uncrewed.

The satellite has deep space avionics, and two antennas, one UHF, the other S-Band.

The launcher is made by a two stage launcher, with a pair of near-earth avionics UHF antenna for each stage.

But when I go to the launchpad, I have no communication, therefore 0 control, and all the antennas figure as "inactive". And I can't understand why. They're not disabled.

When I go to antenna planning no matter which combination I try, none seem to do anything.

Any ideas as to why?

PS: Googling for answers I also found old posts commenting about Remote Tech. But I don't have remote tech, and newer posts seems to suggest remote tech isn't needed for the last version with Kerbalism. Any clarification on that?

• 3 weeks later...

v1.11.5 for KSP 1.10

Changes

• Sspx update #1606
  • Add support for ROSolar Blanket Panels
  • Add tooltips to KCT recovery dialog
  • Add reminder about Deep Space avionics
  • Add support for new ROTanks parts
  • Add support for Photon Corp RSRM and RSRMV
  • Remove support for ProcFairings pre v6
  • Optimize RP0ThermoChanger
  • Boost noPlaneFundMult to 1.2
  • Add support for FWC-SRM engine config #1621
  • Move D2 1-engine skirt to same node as interstages #1627
  • Add Model 304, move LH2 fuel gate #1617

Bug Fixes

• Fix pad mass and size limits showing 0 for upgraded saves
  • Fix the cost of lvl 1 pad
  • Fix GUIStyle memory leaks in KCT code
  • Move return parameter on all sample return contracts inside vesselGroup #1590
  • Fix D2 RCS, AJ10-133, and Vostok Antenna being orphans
  • Fix SSPX Storage Module config #1619
  • Correct part name for ROC-D2Interstage3 #1624
  • Correct typo: Prototype Spaceplaces #1626

CONTRIBUTORS

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this release: @siimav, @Tagir-1, @StonesmileGit, @pap1723, @NathanKell, @DRVeyl, @arrowmaster, @von-Kerman

• 2 weeks later...