Very speed satelite

Dr.Pyanco

The thing is this: I originally created a ship to "imitate" the Cassini-Huygens, the section that would land on Laythe I separated it successfully, I was about to enter Laythe but it just touched the atmosphere and went off to Jool. Nor did he fall into the latter but accelerated a lot. The discussion is, is this normal? I have not been able to calculate to what percentage of the speed of light this speed corresponds; Here an image.Kerbal_Space_Program_09_12_2019_08_21_00

Edited by Dr.Pyanco

Without knowing what version of KSP you're using and what mods you have installed it's a lot harder to say for sure if what you have is a bug/glitch or a real feature. Please provide a list of mods and game version in future to help others to help you.

Just looking at two numbers on that screenshot- speed of 18.5km/s and altitude of 1.27 billion km- I'd say you triggered 'a Kraken', where the game physics glitches and hurls your ship completely out of the solar system. The fact that your spacecraft isn't in the screenshot at all makes that more likely, as this often happens during this type of glitch. The speed is on surface mode not orbit mode so that makes it a bit harder to tell. Although usually that type of glitch happens so fast that you leave the solar system before even realising that it happens, so if you actually saw the ship flying past Jool then it might be a different type of bug/glitch.

I'm assuming that you're using the stock solar system here, as some mods add more planets or additional stars- those don't work in v1.8 or v1.8.1 of KSP so if you're on that version then you won't have those.

To really prove it one way or the other I'd like to see a screenshot with the speedometer set to orbit mode not surface mode and on the map view.

And just so you know, the speed of light is about 300 million m/s so your 18500m/s is about 6% of light speed. Pretty impressive, but not nearly as high as some of the 80%+ glitches I've had.

El 10/12/2019 a las 14:37, jimmymcgoochie dijo:

Sin saber qué versión de KSP está usando y qué modificaciones ha instalado, es mucho más difícil decir con certeza si lo que tiene es un error / falla o una característica real. Proporcionamos una lista de modificaciones y versiones del juego en el futuro para ayudar a otros a ayudar.

Solo mirando dos números en esa captura de pantalla, velocidad de 18.5 km / sy altitud de 1.27 mil millones de km, diría que activó 'un Kraken', donde la física del juego falla y arroja su nave completamente fuera del sistema solar. El hecho de que su nave espacial no esté en la captura de pantalla lo hace más probable, ya que esto sucede a menudo durante este tipo de falla. La velocidad está en el modo de superficie, no en el modo de órbita, por lo que es un poco más difícil saberlo. Aunque normalmente este tipo de falla ocurre tan rápido que abandona el sistema solar antes de darte cuenta de lo que sucede, así que si realmente viste la nave volando junto a Jool, entonces podría ser un tipo diferente de error / falla.

Supongo que está usando el sistema solar de valores aquí, ya que algunas modificaciones acuerdan más planetas o estrellas adicionales, esas no funcionalizadas en v1.8 o v1.8.1 de KSP, así que si está en esa versión, entonces usted no tendrá los tendré.

Para demostrarlo realmente de una forma u otra, me gustaría ver una captura de pantalla con el velocímetro configurado en modo de órbita, no en modo superficie y en la vista de mapa.

Y para que lo sepas, la velocidad de la luz es de aproximadamente 300 millones de m / s, por lo que tus 18500 m / s es aproximadamente el 6% de la velocidad de la luz. Bastante impresionante, pero no tan alto como algunos de los 80% de problemas técnicos que tuvieron.

En realidad, el barco aparece en la captura, solo cuando el foco en el sol es apenas visible. Tengo varios mods instalados, y la versión 1.4.2 el satélite está en una ruta de escape muy recta; Entonces, la velocidad orbital es de solo 9,000 m / s, realmente creo que probablemente fue un error, pero no hubo un gran salto o teletransportación por parte de la nave. Solo (literalmente) solo Jool de tal manera que se aceleró muy rápidamente (además la órbita del barco sería elíptica ya que el periapsis sería una reunión con laythe), no calcule a qué altura el frenado atmosférico sería ideal y solo rebotó en la atmósfera y Jool hizo el tuyo. No tengo mods que agreguen más estrellas o planetas, y no estoy exactamente buscando ayuda con esto; Solo quería saber si la asistencia gravitacional de jool es tan "poderosa". Here I leave an image in the map mode, there you see the approximately 8500 m / s in the orbital mode, at no time the ship experienced a common error. Only accidentally almost jool and accelerates quite a bit. Kerbal_Space_Program_12_12_2019_06_54_33

Edited by Dr.Pyanco

On 10/12/2019 at 1:04, Vanamonde said:

No, eso no es normal. 

Parece que tienes algunos mods instalados. ¿Cuáles fueron las circunstancias? 

As I mentioned, I tried to replicate the Cassini-Huygens to Laythe, the ship's orbit had a low point that corresponded to 21 million meters (it was an encounter with laythe) and the high point of the orbit approximately 90 million meters, but the probe failed to execute the atmospheric braking at laythe and instead of the planned gravitational assistance threw it at jool accelerating quite a bit. Subsequently, due to the direction in which it was ejected by jool, the sun did not brake the ship so abruptly.

Missing any insertion maneuver around Jool is a nearly guaranteed way to exit the solar system- it's a hefty planet with a huge sphere of influence, and will add a correspondingly huge boost to the speed of anything that flies through it. If you haven't already, get the Kerbal Alarm Clock mod as it can help you avoid missing maneuver nodes and if you use it right will actually pause the game and set off an alarm when a node is due- it's very helpful when you have lots of different missions going on especially when some are long distance and can take years to reach their targets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.