Real chemistry and Survival

cgw

Take-Two Interactive doesn’t want to add a real chemistry simulator to the game?
As in game Oxygen Not Includet

5d327ba99f1bd_LU-353781ThisPOIisbroken.j

see table.

periodic-table-of-the-chemical-elements-

So when you flew to the planet you didn’t stupidly look into the distance and ask what should I do now in this boring game.

Make it so that it is possible to build various equipment for ore search and for ore processing, the construction of its base in order to build its own spaceport and build a rocket on this new base. And during construction use real chemistry as in Oxygen Not Includet.  (Consider the properties of gases.) For example:

latest?cb=20160913095420&path-prefix=ru

1446487117_061.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK29fds4jteB5bEQ-BLne

for example

chromite-ore-processing-plant-chromite-pHTB1t2ohaUz.BuNjt_bXq6AQmpXaQ.jpg_.webp

Add hydroponics and a true cycle in nature.

planetbase_11.jpg

Fine, but it would be a very different game. KSP is mostly about constructing and controlling rockets and various space missions. Even with all the attention to colony building in KSP2, I doubt they are going to turn it into a city sim.

I see this as modder territory. Hoping there will be some base game resources like life support and ore so that modders can easily expand upon them. DMagic has setup the ground work in KSP 1 with ScanSat which not only shows biomes and terrain but also different mineral deposits. I can see this kind of thing hooking into KSP 2 where you will want to survey the ground before designating a place to colonize. Different colonies act as different industries farming materials, possibly to a central hub where the resources are collected and used as they are necessary to build specific parts (perhaps greatly performing future engines or the fuel that powers them). Maybe you need to mine water/ice or CO2 to make oxygen for your colonies to continue surviving. Perhaps they could also be collected and sold to provide financing for projects. Some deposits could be limited in their total capacity forcing constant intervention and relocation (factorio vibes here)

I just hope the necessary tools are available to those with the talent and know how to enable them to bring us some really really cool mods

• 3 weeks later...

@garwel If they made it like a cross of the sims and sim city and KSP it would probably be a crime against humanity... TOO ADDICTIVE 

On a side note I would absolutely love a super detailed closed environmental life support system mod that would let you design and manage all the inputs and outputs but that might be too much for most people to want to deal with. Also... we would need toilets as a part... do we really want to lose the romance by waiting for Jeb to poop so we can extract methane for a little more deltaV?

who am I kidding... give me that deltaV NOW! XD

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, Dale Christopher said:

On a side note I would absolutely love a super detailed closed environmental life support system mod that would let you design and manage all the inputs and outputs but that might be too much for most people to want to deal with. Also... we would need toilets as a part... do we really want to lose the romance by waiting for Jeb to poop so we can extract methane for a little more deltaV?

Don't you give me ideas!