BG Rotors - How to set RPM in increments of less than 5?

BadOaks

Hi all, my question is basically the title. Are there any existing mods which can do this, or ways to edit the .cfg files?

I've recently started making centrifuges for my larger ships which spin using Breaking Ground's rotor parts. The smallest spin rate that I can set is 5 RPM, which is actually kind of fast for this application, and regardless it'd be useful to have finer control so that I can balance the rotational impulse of the centrifuge with a counterbalance more easily. I'd also like to bring down the speed of the counterbalance, which is currently at an alarming 35 RPM.

I've considered using a servo + controller setup, but it takes around 20-30 seconds to get up to speed and in that time the current angle would lag the target angle. If it got too far ahead it could cause some weird resonances in what the servo is trying to do, so I'd rather stick with rotors.

Here's an example of what I'm working on. I'd like to reduce the RPM from what it is currently.

2 minutes ago, BadOaks said:

I was afraid of that heheh. Ah well, thanks for looking into it! 

I'm reading some of the tutorials for plugin creation at the moment, maybe I'll take a stab at it this weekend.

if you know c# - shouldn't be all that hard; heck if you at least understand programming - shouldn't be all that hard.

suggest looking at AFC (automatic fuel cells) as a place to start - the author overloads/overrides internal module and adds functionality.

I've used C# before, so this will be a good excuse to fire up CodeBlocks and practice it again. 

3 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

suggest looking at AFC (automatic fuel cells) as a place to start - the author overloads/overrides internal module and adds functionality.

Thank you for the tip! I'll definitely check that out.

@BadOaks
have you tried PAWS? That also has an option to manually input slider values. It's been a while since I wrote it, but I'm fairly certain that it does no error checking at all,and will accept anything you want (of course if its baked into the module it won't help, but worth a try)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.