Asking for craft exporting help

nestor_d

Ok, so a few weeks ago I made a thread asking for help with 3D printing craft, since Eucl3D is sadly gone. People suggested I use @taniwha 's blender .craft importer. UNfortunately, Blender is giving me errors when I try to install it and I can't seem to find a fix either in the forums or Reddit. I also tried with @Dasoccerguy 's add-on, which I can actually install, but it gives me errors whenever I try to actually import a craft. I found one potential fix, but it didn't do anything (I have also tried with older versions of craft files and the same thing happens). I'm very committed to doing this, basically because I had a 3D print which was very dear to me and it got stolen. Given my recent failures--and I hope this isn't against forum rules--I'm willing to pay anyone who can just give me a blender, obj, or stl file of my craft. Can't promise it will be much, since I also need to order the print, which mean additional spending, but hey, it's something.

Anyway, thanks to anyone who can help!

It would help very much if you stated what the errors are and what you tried that didn't work*. Note that these instructions (wiki on github) should get you going for importing craft, though there is the problem with vertex colors (just go through the materials disconnecting the vertex color input)

* This is general advice for good (context-free) communication. Never leave anything to guesswork.

18 hours ago, taniwha said:

It would help very much if you stated what the errors are and what you tried that didn't work*. Note that these instructions (wiki on github) should get you going for importing craft, though there is the problem with vertex colors (just go through the materials disconnecting the vertex color input)

* This is general advice for good (context-free) communication. Never leave anything to guesswork.

Sorry, here is the error that blender is giving me. This is when I try to tick the box to activate the add-on from the user preferences window.

z627KdK.png

I haven't yet tried any fixes for this, since I haven't been able to install it, and I can't find instances of people getting that same error.

For @Dasoccerguy 's script, this is what I get. In that case it's letting me activate the add-on, so I get this error when I click import

nQeocfx.png

This is the fix I tried, but didn't work (getting the same error):

On 1/11/2017 at 9:31 PM, seanth said:

I made a minor edit to fix this problem and submitted a pull request to @Kerbas_ad_astra. It's a single line fix. Change line 177 of ksparser.py to:

self.modSize = zup_tuple(line)

Works on Mac OS 10.12.2, blender 2.78.

https://github.com/seanth/io_kspblender/commit/c9c61eeb9c05ec064e579b9917562daf8a5f3761

I have not tried importing a lot of different ships or a pipeline to print. I just wanted to get the import working. :)

Edited by nestor_d

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.