KSP 1.10 Venture Collaborative Station Grand Discussion thread

Who is willing to take part?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. I wanna be part of it

2. 2. Where should we launch the mission to

Just now, Zevulus said:

does anyone know if the comets will have a SOI? Cuz i want to know if i can have a orbiter

Irl, you could have an orbiter. But with ksp, it won’t work. Scott Manley actually had a video on this, I think it’s called ‘can an astronaut orbit the iss’

As I am now switching to pc, I will gladly join.

So we have:

1. Core module
  2. Asteroid/Comet module
  3. Space tug?
  4. Small satellite adapter (redockable?)
  5. Crew module?
  6. Science lab?
  7. Re-fueling port?
  8. Medium size Docking adaptors ports?
  9. Solar panels?
  10. Cupola module?
  11. Radiators?

? =should we do this one?

If it is okay with you, which ones do you want?

Sounds interesting, I'd like to contribute to this project too.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:50 AM, VoidCosmos said:

I saw that we're 18 people now, rigth? But there are only 11 modules on the list so far. Can we make multiple solar modules as an example?

And we could also make some kind of a communication module with antennas. And an escape module.:)

On 6/26/2020 at 5:48 PM, Lewie said:

Irl, you could have an orbiter. But with ksp, it won’t work. Scott Manley actually had a video on this, I think it’s called ‘can an astronaut orbit the iss’

As I am now switching to pc, I will gladly join.

I bet that with a little modification you could do it in principia, as that mod allows gravity wells that are not in rails.

Edited by catloaf

14: Mün Minmus excursion module/isru fuel collector (please let me do it.)

5 minutes ago, Aniruddh said:

13. Spaceplane/ shuttle for crew/cargo delivery*

Reveal hidden contents

*I'm willing to do that, since I'm quite crap at building awesome looking station modules without mods. Of course, if such a thing is even needed.

10 part limit? Of course 10 part aerospike rocket ssto's are possible, but planes would be challenging. I've only built 1 low part count plane ssto, but that was an Rhode (Beyond Home) which is an ssto paradise.

Edited by catloaf
Spell check changed aerospike to seams like.

I'm particularly good at reducing part counts, as I have a potato pc (it has an awful processor and it was also very expensive!). I have a nuclear powered SSTO with a part count of 50. 10 could be doable if I removed all science hardware and nuclear engines.

44 minutes ago, s_gamer101 said:

Sounds interesting, I'd like to contribute to this project too.

I saw that we're 18 people now, rigth? But there are only 11 modules on the list so far. Can we make multiple solar modules as an example?

And we could also make some kind of a communication module with antennas. And an escape module.:)

Yes

20 minutes ago, catloaf said:

I bet that with a little modification you could do it in principia, as that mod allows gravity wells that are not in rails.

I don't know about the rest of us.

16 minutes ago, Lewie said:

12. Robotic arm

13. Escape pod(s)

13 minutes ago, Aniruddh said:

Reveal hidden contents

*I'm willing to do that, since I'm quite crap at building awesome looking station modules without mods. Of course, if such a thing is even needed.

13 minutes ago, catloaf said:

10 part limit? Of course 10 part aerospike rocket ssto's are possible, but planes would be challenging. I've only built 1 low part count plane ssto, but that was an Rhode (Beyond Home) which is an ssto paradise.

Cool ideas!

7 minutes ago, Aniruddh said:

I'm particularly good at reducing part counts, as I have a potato pc (it has an awful processor and it was also very expensive!). I have a nuclear powered SSTO with a part count of 50. 10 could be doable if I removed all science hardware and nuclear engines.

Okay then

6 minutes ago, catloaf said:

Mün / Minmus isru fuel collector (please let me do it;).)

Go for it!

On 6/26/2020 at 9:50 PM, VoidCosmos said:
  1. Asteroid/Comet module

That would be hard to do with the ten part limit as carrying an asteroid with 1 nerv is a big no no (and I like ion engines!) It could be collaborative, or we could let the person responsible for that module have 20 or so parts. Of course you could use skipper engine + isru but that would detract from the asteriods scientific value (and make my idea redundant.) I also think it would be cool to have the asteroid done  before the core and have the core attach to the asteriod.

Edited by catloaf

As the title says, I think we're starting this tomorrow (maybe) on v 1.10. I don't think mods should be used (unless they don't add parts or new textures into the game). Everyone has different ideas for mods and there'd be incompatibility. For the robotic arm idea, wouldn't the dlc be necessary? Either that or infernal robotics.

15: Bop lander, to celebrate Jool revamp. Here's what I'm thinking: 

1 command chair (I was gonna do probe for and antenna but with this I  would get 3 experiments for the same part count.

+ 1 ion engine 

+ 2 gigantor solar panels

+ 1 big xenon tank

+ 5 large batteries

= 10 parts and 1 Bop lander

(clearly the pandemic is affecting my mental health)

Edited by catloaf

5 minutes ago, Aniruddh said:

As the title says, I think we're starting this tomorrow (maybe) on v 1.10. I don't think mods should be used (unless they don't add parts or new textures into the game). Everyone has different ideas for mods and there'd be incompatibility. For the robotic arm idea, wouldn't the dlc be necessary? Either that or infernal robotics.

This is going to be a blast!

I love making robot arms with the dlc, maybe I’ll have three-

one with a jr docking port

one with the regular docking port 

and one with the mini claw.

this is going to be awesome! How should we go about with sending the save file?

20 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Ok, when are we going to start this, who will start it, and what version will we be doing his, will we be using amy mods, and are both dlc’s downloaded on the owner’s save file?

I'm pretty sure it's no dlc

25 minutes ago, Aniruddh said:

Not tomorrow. Some may not be able to update to 1.10 so..... We'll start from 13th?

10 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Really? Aw crap

Some may not have the dlcs so. Sorry

On 6/27/2020 at 10:20 AM, VoidCosmos said:

So we have:

1. Core module
  2. Space tug?
  3. Small satellite adapter (redockable?)
  4. Crew module?
  5. Science lab?
  6. Re-fueling port?
  7. Medium size Docking adaptors ports?
  8. Solar panels?
  9. Cupola module?
  10. Radiators?

? =should we do this one?

1 hour ago, Lewie said:

12. Robotic arm

13. Escape pod(s)

please let me do this.

1 hour ago, Aniruddh said:

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, catloaf said:

56 minutes ago, catloaf said:

Mün / Minmus isru fuel collector (please let me do it;).)

22 minutes ago, catloaf said:

1 command chair (I was gonna do probe for and antenna but with this I  would get 3 experiments for the same part count.

+ 1 ion engine 

+ 1 big xenon tank

+ 5 large batteries

Some suggestions. The ones that 1 have typed in the 1st quote are the ideas for the ones who haven't chosen anything.

The other can be launched and docked by the users who suggested them (other than mine)

So, which planet/moon should we launch the station to?

Edited by VoidCosmos

21 minutes ago, catloaf said:

+ 1 ion engine 

+ 1 big xenon tank

+ 5 large batteries

That was a joke btw, I'm not that stupid.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.