Graph already contains item!

Not really expecting a solution to this, since I was trying to play 1.10 with loads and loads of mods that aren't updated for 1.10, but sort of curious because it was a weird error and it seemed like an obscure one - found almost nothing trying to google it.

Launching a craft on the launchpad I immediately get an overwhelming log-spam for every single part of

[ERR 11:18:52.294] [FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part probeCoreSphere.v2 with id 4289765918
[ERR 11:18:52.304] [FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part probeCoreSphere.v2 with id 4289765918

which brings the game to a total standstill. But after it's processed it for every part, it seems to be fine at least while everything's stood still. Then as soon as I've hit the first stage, it seems to run the Flowgraph error for every single part every single frame, and brings the whole game to a grinding halt.

Didn't happen though when I tried launching a rover from the SPH, so not entirely clear which conditions it occurs in, but haven't experimented too much.

Anyone have any idea what the error's about or what "FlowGraph" even is? When I googled the error I couldn't really find anything.

Having trouble uploading the full log, but will post it when I've got it up

4 hours ago, baldamundo said:

Anyone have any idea what the error's about or what "FlowGraph" even is?

There's a FlowGraph class in KSP that is associated with fuel flow, I think. A vessel's flowGraph member refers to this:

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_r_u_i_1_1_algorithms_1_1_stack_flow_graph.html

The error sounds to me as if there's some circular path in the vessel's part tree, traversing the probe core multiple times. Does it happen only to a specific craft?

6 minutes ago, HansAcker said:

There's a FlowGraph class in KSP that is associated with fuel flow, I think. A vessel's flowGraph member refers to this:

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_r_u_i_1_1_algorithms_1_1_stack_flow_graph.html

The error sounds to me as if there's some circular path in the vessel's part tree, traversing the probe core multiple times. Does it happen only to a specific craft?

Haven't tested extensively, but it didn't seem to happen to rovers - which would fit with what you've said, since they don't have any fuel. Trying to think what mods I have installed that could possibly affect fuel flow.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/27/2021 at 4:28 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

thank you @baldamundo

an attempt to correct this (should) in ScrapYard is currently being prepared for prerelease. Kindly try it and tell me (back in main thread) if it resolves this issue.

I missed this thread - hopefully it resolves this issue.

I'm getting this same error in 1.12.2.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Also getting this error. I think it's causing lag inside the VAB.

That's why I started looking at the console.

EDIT: I'm on the latest prerelease.

Here is an snippet from my logs:

Spoiler

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part sensorThermometer with id 4292044978
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 3259691371
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 2433063696

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 1939206750

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 3755987550

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 2120286798

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 1594495648

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 1246279500

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 2 times with id 4000828110

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 2 times with id 1908289560

[ScrapYard] Copied tracker. Recovered 1 times with id 2570125543

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 1818339778 TankFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 2475098781 TankFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 2475098781 EngineFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 1968620474 LandingGearFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 427377629 LandingGearFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 141362852 LandingGearFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 752270720 LandingGearFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 2304554100 TankFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 2304554100 EngineFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 1344549172 AntennaFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 3228082933 EngineFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 3618272661 TankFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 404693640 TankFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 1042982398 TankFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 3338844242 TankFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 3338844242 BatteryFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 313338712 ParachuteFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 1650276449 SolarPanelFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 1733112836 SolarPanelFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 2104143917 SolarPanelFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 3434224110 TankFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 3434224110 ReactionWheelFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 3434224110 BatteryFailureModule

[UPFM]: ScrayYard Inventory Applied. Recalculating failure chance for 3434224110 AntennaFailureModule

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. probeCoreHex.v2:3434224110

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. solarPanels5:2104143917

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. solarPanels5:1733112836

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. solarPanels5:1650276449

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. parachuteSingle:313338712

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. restock-goocanister-625-1:2205708753

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. batteryBankMini:3338844242

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. decoupler.ftr.smaller:30501731

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. kerbalism-geigercounter:2060671860

[ScrapYard] Found inventory part on vessel that is not in inventory. Resetting. sensorThermometer:1361803584

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part probeCoreHex.v2 with id 4292130576

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part probeCoreHex.v2 with id 4292130576

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part solarPanels5 with id 4292102874

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part solarPanels5 with id 4292102874

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part solarPanels5 with id 4292102154

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part solarPanels5 with id 4292102154

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part solarPanels5 with id 4292102080

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part solarPanels5 with id 4292102080

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part parachuteSingle with id 4292089250

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part parachuteSingle with id 4292089250

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part restock-goocanister-625-1 with id 4292067106

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part restock-goocanister-625-1 with id 4292067106

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part batteryBankMini with id 4292103538

[FlowGraph]: Graph already contains item! Part batteryBankMini with id 4292103538

Edited by Urbs
Added Logs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.