Are You Bored In KSP? Because I'm... Help?

Are you Bored In Kerbal Space Program?

I'm bored in KSP....

Weird? Yes Indeed!

Can someone post a thing I can do? The only thing im waiting for is 0.17! But that is still a week or so...

What other stuff can I do in KSP?

NO! Orbiting planets
NO! Landing on planets
NO! Mods

If their is a good idea, then I will post it in the list underneath here:

Click On the Button To Open Some Ideas Of The Members

Munar orbit rendezvous, Made up by sal_vager
making stunt planes, Made up by sal_vager
Do orbital rendezvous with debris, stranded kerbals, or other ships, Made up by willitstimothy
Make Heavy lifters for interplanetary launches(For update 0.17), Made up by Tauge
Make a Airplane that flies Straight and level (with SAS turned off and hands of controls), Made up by Vanamonde
Landspeed recors, in-air speed records, altitude-with-wings records, etc, Made up by Vanamonde
build a stock carrier and land, Made up by Martonaut

~Hugio88

Edited by Guest

Do orbital rendezvous with debris, stranded kerbals, or other ships. You could also take on challenges such as trying to land a kerbal on Mun or Minmus from orbit using only jet packs. You could go look for monoliths/eastereggs. You could go challenge the Kraken to a duel by trying and succeeding to set up a circularized Kerbol orbit (around a star not a planet) at say 100000 km. You could try doing everything you do in the game with mechjeb without it (if you use it at all - which I don't). You could try writing some nice posts in the forums that don't involve unrestrained passion and written shouting. You could also try contributing constructively to the community instead of fueling the flames of anticipation. You could also try being patient, though that might be too much for you at this point.

Good luck with the waiting - get used to it since there is a lot of it in alpha development stage. Welcome to the forums as well, and as this post is edging close to mentioning taboo subjects such as "release dates" and such, please remember that topics and posts of that nature aren't appreciated or tolerated - especially if you've been here long enough to know better.

I rarely get the chance too.

I am on the Test Group, so playing the game for fun, encountering a bug or bugs, an work to find a method to recreate it for the Devs.

Then document it, an continue to follow it up, to check if it has been fixed in later experimental builds.

Its a time consumming but methodical process.

Besides there ample things in space to do.

Its vast after all.

An if I fancy a break, I have a vast selection of games, or TV shows to watch.

Many people are working on designs for their heavy lifters for interplanetary launches, I know I am. I've already got the interplanetary stage designed in my head, the only question is how do I get that mass safely into orbit. My biggest problem might be conceptual...I might be stuck in a design rut.

I'm sure this is blasphemy, but I'll give the same advice I've given before in the Minecraft forum: if you're bored with a game, don't desperately try to make it fun again. Try another game, perhaps; or go outside and take a walk, write a novel, whatever. Kerbal inspiration will return with time, no need to force it. A game shouldn't be a commitment.

Many people are working on designs for their heavy lifters for interplanetary launches, I know I am. I've already got the interplanetary stage designed in my head, the only question is how do I get that mass safely into orbit. My biggest problem might be conceptual...I might be stuck in a design rut.

But what if you can't load the save in the next update?

like in the one of 0.15 to 0.16

The hardest thing I have done in KSP is make an airplane that flies straight and level, SAS turned off, hands off the controls. In fact, I've come close, but never entirely achieved it. You could also try to set landspeed records, in-air speed records, altitude-with-wings records, etc. I've also spent many happy hours driving rovers around to take screenshots of this game's amazing scenery. Because this is primarily a space flight sim, a lot of players overlook that there's a lot you can do on planet surfaces and in the air.

The list is endless my friend..set speed records, do grand tours, set up bases, perform mapping and recon, and when I did all of that, I decided to do youtube. There are an infinite amount of configurations that I can think of! New mods are being released every day! If you are opposed to mods...then there isn´t anough content in the game yet to keep anyone occupied, really. I mean, how much can you do with 2 satellites and 30 parts? I think that there certainly needs to be actual interaction with the planets, not just landing on them. Mining, research, etc. Endless possibilities my friend!

The list is endless my friend..set speed records, do grand tours, set up bases, perform mapping and recon, and when I did all of that, I decided to do youtube. There are an infinite amount of configurations that I can think of! New mods are being released every day! If you are opposed to mods...then there isn´t anough content in the game yet to keep anyone occupied, really. I mean, how much can you do with 2 satellites and 30 parts? I think that there certainly needs to be actual interaction with the planets, not just landing on them. Mining, research, etc. Endless possibilities my friend!

I DO Like Mods but most of the time I don't get it... Its so complicated and I feel dump between everbody who can use mods and knows how to use them...

My English isn't the best but whenever i installed one and im playing with it. it doesn't work or I don't get it or I just didn't except the thing that should happen.

Example:

Like the Docking mod... I can't even get close to the spacecraft... I FAIL so HARD in it..

But what if you can't load the save in the next update?

like in the one of 0.15 to 0.16

We already know there won't be backwards compatibility between .17 and .16. But that doesn't mean I can't learn the lessons now that will help me later. Heck, I can't even build my interplanetary stage right now, it uses NERVA engines, but that doesn't mean I can't design a rocket that will be capable of putting 50 tonnes of mass into orbit (or less if I go for a less ambitious interplanetary design).

What? where? When? How?

Well firstly Trial an Error.

But I am sure wikipedia would be a good source of information.

Perhaps list all your accomplish's an we can suggest further one to strive towards.

Perhaps improve on your ship design's (Massive amounts of Trial an Error there, perfecting one design)

To Vanamonde: I too have been working on designs. Presently have 2 working prototypes an they have undergone THOUSANDS of design iterations/modifications in persuit of perfection.

At a certain point i felt bored too, but I was forcing me into vanilla gameplay. As soon as i started using mods, i have got more ideas then time to actually do them in the game ;-)

And i spend also a lot of time on wikipedia to refresh my memory on the physics aspects of this game.

Anyway, if you allow yourself just 1 plugin, which would be MechJeb, it gives you so many infos that would allows you to :

- perfect your ascent phase for a given rocket, how does your gravity turn affects the deltaV needed to get an orbit?

- see how difference on design and staging influence your lifters performances

- master your orbital manoeuvring skills

- learn orbital rendez-vous by test n try with the help of smartAss's target and relative buttons

- try to do the same without using mechjeb assistance

That's what i did before installing plenty of other mods.

And also if you started with the ORDA docking mod, i reckon it may be pretty difficult to make any sense of it, but it's still in its early phases so be patient.

Maybe you can try other mods less hype but equally cool, integrating them one at a time.

Also i feel you got frustrated by a plugin which add a new GUI, but simple Parts just gives you more choices in the VAB.

Finally: even if persistence will break, experience is invaluable !

Happy (Re)Launching!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.