[DEV/WIP] Minato Heavy Industries - Japanese Stockalike Rocketry

Munarmunar

Minato Heavy Industries
[DEV/WIP Thread]

This mod is focused on adding, from the first japanese rockets, to the most modern ones, including also, Cargo Vehicles such has the 
HTV and what-not.
It'll try to as well aim for seamless usage between another stockalike mods such as BDB or Tantares [still thinking about that]
I highly appreciate feedback and advice of all shorts, i'm always looking to improve as this is my first time making a mod and using a 3D Editing Software.

I want to thank @DylanSemrau for giving me a small push with his feedback and tips, the mod wouldn't be at this phase without his help, cheers buddy :D

イプシロン 2・ロケット
Epsilon 2 Rocket

vkkXbu1.png

SRB-A3 (Derived from the original H-IIA side boosters) 1st Stage
7kDazMS.png
M35 TVC 2nd Stage fitted with Avionics
3NsZnHC.png

KM-V2b and CLPS 3rd and 4th Stage (will have different adapters options, including a truss mesh one if everything goes accordingly)

Sizes (Diameter)
1.5m 1st/2nd Stage
0.9735m 3rd Stage
0.625m 4th Stage

If you wanna follow this mod's progress, be sure to check out my Trello!
Click Here!

Edited by Munarmunar

28 minutes ago, DylanSemrau said:

look forward to seeing more progress on dis :) 

I really hope so as well :D!

23 minutes ago, Zarbon44 said:

Первый.
I like it.

Thank you tovarichs :D

13 minutes ago, EStreetRockets said:

Awesome!

Cheers man :))

13 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Made in Japan? it's gonna be top quality tech. ;D

Oh boi, it will be for sure )))

Awesome! It's remarkable how much great new stuff has popped up here in the last few weeks. I'm excited for it all, but especially HIIA and HTV. This checks off another box in my "wish someone would do this" list, and it makes me want to model some commercial lunar landers!

Looks nice. The H series get all the press, but Japan has a number of small solid launchers such as Lambda, Mu and Epsilon. There's also a J-1, which is a weird solid rocket consisting of stacked H-II and H-IIA boosters, that actually flew in a suborbital configuration, but was never developed into an orbital LV (orbital version would have had upper stages from M-III attached). I'd love to see all those in KSP. :) 

22 minutes ago, Dragon01 said:

Looks nice. The H series get all the press, but Japan has a number of small solid launchers such as Lambda, Mu and Epsilon. There's also a J-1, which is a weird solid rocket consisting of stacked H-II and H-IIA boosters, that actually flew in a suborbital configuration, but was never developed into an orbital LV (orbital version would have had upper stages from M-III attached). I'd love to see all those in KSP. :) 

Hopefully you'll see them all, i've got plans ranging from L-4S to the M-V II, the J-1 seems pretty interesting and i doubt it'd be hard as they used H-II/A boosters (and i already have the first stage modelled), so it's possible : )

It's time for an update!
A lot of things have changed during these days thanks to innumerable feedback, in my opinion i think they brang a huge improvement over the original design:
I11Fpes.png
JX0ICSZ.png
djBkAaw.pngs7sDTHK.png

As you can see, i've added and redone most of the parts based on feedback and more resources that i could gather.
I'll be trying my best to make it as close as the final product in real life, which of course means, more time.

But as not everything is bad, I've been planning on adding a second rocket into the main release, 
more info on Thursday!
(Just check the Trello if you're interested in knowing what it is)

As i promised, you'd get an update on that "second rocket" coming in the main release.
The second rocket that'll be included in the main release of the mod is officially fully modelled, now awaiting of better texturing, but the job is done :D.
pwN4u98.png

n0nEHIo.png

D3hFqVZ.png
The rocket size in game will be of 0.3125m and if i get good in balancing the parts, it will be fully reusable, yes, it's going to be very, very small, but i though it would be a cool and small addition to the mod.

Now that i've learnt how to import models to Unity, i think i'm ready and take the next step of finishing the Epsilon, and of course, texturing it.

That was all for today, i hope y'all are excited for this, because I sure am!

Edited by Munarmunar

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 2:16 PM, Hatattack said:

This looks sick! How's it going?

Hi, sorry for the late response, lots of things happened in the meantime.

I'm sorry to say that I completely stopped working on this mod at all, and i also lost the files which included all the parts i wanted to add on the initial release, I hope this is understandable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.