0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

I have another "SSTV picture" hint : if you look closer you may see that red line is vector pointing from some object (asteroid???) at pyramid. But it could be a mountain or something else :-)

The circle on top has got to be Kerbin. If you look closely you can see blue which can only mean water and in the middle the shape of the land resembles the continent that KSC is located on.

and the magic boulder does not orbit Duna :sticktongue:

Of course, the tricky thing is, for that screenshot to exist, it doesn't need to orbit Duna at all, just to be on an orbit that gets close to Duna once in a while (in our case on planetary alignments), kinda like a comet.

Just noticed on mapsat that the Apollo 11 memorial is a few Km away from my Mun Base. Dispaching rover ASAP.

EDIT: Made it. Jeb looks happy to be the first to see his hero's monument.

Edited by 0jam3290
Updatez!!!

Okay, this is my new theory:

based on the new finding of the clarified photo, the SSTV refers to a volcanic eruption. The orange part is the magma chamber, there is a vent to the hill, and the red line is a lava burst... open to being corrected, but this is what I am currently running with. My alternate justification is this: planet cores have not been activated/added to the game yet, therefore it would be the first and only piece of the puzzle to be able to be found. The eruption could be some sort of timer

As it happens to others, I also found no anomalies in the Eve surface with ISAMap, but I landed in a curious mountain group. Approximate location 34º N 241º E.

I think it sames an skeleton, right?

vPQgE.png

I suposse it isn't an Easter Egg...

Edited by MOhon

Okay, this is my new theory:

based on the new finding of the clarified photo, the SSTV refers to a volcanic eruption. The orange part is the magma chamber, there is a vent to the hill, and the red line is a lava burst... open to being corrected, but this is what I am currently running with. My alternate justification is this: planet cores have not been activated/added to the game yet, therefore it would be the first and only piece of the puzzle to be able to be found. The eruption could be some sort of timer

Wow! You really ARE that one guy, aren't you? LOL.

I think the image itself has been already answered. Let's wait for chapter two of this little enigma to put forth more conspiracy theories, etc :) I for one can't wait (just wish I had more time to devote to reaching the other planets! My RL has been Kerbalized).

My interpretation of the image is that it shows a time and location to find something (the magic boulder?)

Date: The top left diagram shows a central body (probably Kerbol). The lines around it show an alignment of planets, probably the 3 first planets (Moho, Eve, Kerbin), forming a triangle. The point of drawing lines instead of just the triangle is to make the angles measurable.

Location: The orange planet in the bottom right corner has ice caps, clearly making it a representation of Duna. The "L" shape links the pyramid to the south pole of the Duna, showing that we are looking at the pyramid where the recording was found. The red line points to the Zenith of the pyramid, and the 6 white dots represent the graduations of an altitude of 8 units above the pyramid. We don't know what the units are, but they shouldn't be meters or kilometers.

Unexplained: The 4 humanoid figures and the 3 circles on the right. My guess about the 3 circles is that they represent the 3 planets from the alignment diagram, but the colors or details making them distinguishable were lost in the SSTV modulation.

Edited by Nibb31