0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

Tbh, the thing isn't there anymore? but since i read somewhere that the boulder moves around randomly i guess that might be it.

For the coordinates, wait a moment i'll look it up :)

EDIT: Duna Mapsat #1 says the coordinates are -30.6 N -28.8 E.... so yeah it's somewhere around there.

EDIT2: Bing! sudden realization the anomaly shown by mapsat is not on the ground (where i have been searching) but instead in the air :D

wow i'm stupid^^

Well, I would like know what is supposed to be in there... the Curiosity arm? I found nothing yet, I tried for hours!

And a question to Nova: Why there are two volcanoes in Moho, exactly opposite each other? Is it related to the true path to find the Magic Boulder?

bwy1349194744v.jpg

The only two red spots corresponds to the volcanoes that are opposite each other.

viu1349194774y.jpg

Moho have an area that is always lit, which I call "iluminate face" that has a gradient of approximately 120 º. This side is the highest volcano, which I call for now "Olimpus", while on the opposite side, "dark face" is the other volcano, I call for now "Hades".

Edited by MOhon

Well, I would like know what is supposed to be in there... the Curiosity arm? I found nothing yet, I tried for hours!

And a question to Nova: Why there are two volcanoes in Moho, exactly opposite each other? Is it related to the true path to find the Magic Boulder?

Curiosity arm eh? Somebody check 4° 35′ 31″ S, 137° 26′ 25″ E on Duna, the landing spot of curiosity on mars, maybe we'll find something there?

Curiosity arm eh? Somebody check 4° 35′ 31″ S, 137° 26′ 25″ E on Duna, the landing spot of curiosity on mars, maybe we'll find something there?
Well, I just visit those coordinates now and have not found anything, man.

Did you find anything there? "We aint found ****" (Spaceballs)

P.D: That guy found that Curiosity arm:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/20962-0-17-Easter-eggs?p=272206&viewfull=1#post272206

Where is it? ???

Edited by MOhon

Have any of you tried landing on it? It's a very good way to reduce the delta-v necessary for transferring between planets.

From which planet do you hop on it? Duna or Vall? I'm pretty sure i saw the boulder on Vall but i can't figure out the timing for when it comes around :/

the Curiosity arm? I found nothing yet, I tried for hours!

Hint: its at the southeast corner of a large, round-ish plain on the edge between the plain and a small creator.

EDIT: How do you make Spoilers?!

Edited by 0jam3290
SPOILErS!!

It does not emit any sound as far as I can tell. It's actually quite visible. Using two spacecraft, I estimate that I could still see in catch some light every now and then from about 140km away. It was just a solitary blinking pixel without any zoom.

Hint: its at the southeast corner of a large, round-ish plain on the edge between the plain and a small creator.

EDIT: How do you make Spoilers?!

Well, surely you mean the approximate coordinates -30.6 N -28.8 E, but I land in that point several and I found nothing.

viu1349246396x.jpg

viu1349247849l.jpg

rgh1349247881j.jpg

Landed in Duna approximate coords -30.6 N -28.8 E

Please, Got a screenshot that shows it?

Well, surely you mean the approximate coordinates -30.6 N -28.8 E, but I land in that point several and I found nothing.

viu1349246396x.jpg

viu1349247849l.jpg

rgh1349247881j.jpg

Yeah, as i said. After a couple switches between spacecrafts it just vanished... Completely! that's why i assume that it moves to random positions in duna's atmosphere. I've got a couple more pictures of that thing, but you can't really make out what that thing really ist. But i'm sure it's not a graphic bug :P

viu1349246396x.jpg

viu1349247849l.jpg

rgh1349247881j.jpg

Here's a Mapsat with Coords

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34198[/ATTACH]

so remember the movie "contact" wasnt there multiple sources of communication within one signal..... has anyone actually tried other decoding techniques?(sound, video).... to be honest this looks like a "we were here but we had to leave due to the volcanoes that possibly erupted and covered the planet in molten lava, but its cool we went to kerbin and now were your one eyed ancestors" type of sign. the geometric symbols in the upper left look like an exit trajectory, almost like the ones in the map view.

what i want to know is the secret behind stonehenge......