Does KSP really have spyware in it?

DoctorDavinci

4 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I already updated so now I'm stuck

1.3.1. is still available, so you can revert to that version. I have found no redshell.dll in the archive. As to the eula, you can send an email to the company that you retract your prior agreement with the EULA.

1 hour ago, The Dunatian said:

^^ ??

Star Trek First Contact:

Picard: NO! NOOOOOOOOO!!! [smashes a display case in anger; Both pause, shocked] I will not sacrifice the Enterprise. We've made too many compromises already, too many retreats. They invade our space, and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds, and we fall back. Not again! The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them PAY for what they've done!

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know about Norton, but I do know that Kaspersky can be set to block a single executable from going to the net

Don't trust the Russians either

Just now, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Wait wait wait.... 1.4 is out? HECK YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

don't download it

The EULA says it can take your banking information.

Since we haven't even had a recognition of the concerns raised in this thread why not see what Mr. Jim Sterling has to say about this ... I'm sure he has the resources at hand to get to the bottom of our concerns

Here's the reddit post for it ... if enough of us comment about it maybe he'll take a look

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Since we haven't even had a recognition of the concerns raised in this thread why not see what Mr. Jim Sterling has to say about this ... I'm sure he has the resources at hand to get to the bottom of our concerns

Here's the reddit post for it ... if enough of us comment about it maybe he'll take a look

who is jim sterling

Just now, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Ok then. Is there a way that we can get 90% of the community to March on T2's headquarters?

I wish. I think we should boycott the expansion

Who is Jim Sterling

1 minute ago, TheCardinal said:

There is an other option. Just send a friendly email to:

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
Corporate Press
Alan Lewis, 646-536-2983
Vice President
Corporate Communications & Public Affairs
[email protected]

Keep the e-mails civil!

They don't care enough. One concerned customer as far as they are concerned is nothing.

11 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

The question is should we start a boycott thread or not?

I'm not going to what a 40 minute video with a picture of a brown slimmer ghost fro ghostbusters ok?

9 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Who is Jim Sterling

Jim Sterling is a video game commentator that digs into the shady practices of video game developers ... He was sued for 10 million dollars and won against Digital Homicide

He was sued for giving a bad review

Edited by DoctorDavinci

3 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Boycott is is then! Works for me!

I'm in.

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

The question is should we start a boycott thread or not?

We could try.

I wouldn't be surprised if this thread and the entire topic disappears from the forum.

Surely they've snuck something into the TOS of the forum that we're violating just by talking about this.

14 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I wish. I think we should boycott the expansion

according to this poll

there are 108 people who plan on buying the expansion, + an extra 30ish (me included) who might buy it depending on bugs/reviews, so a significant boycott might be hard.

Edited by nascarlaser1
edit numbers!! and I somehow deleted part of my message XD.

2 minutes ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

I don't want KSP to lose out but the EULA and privacy policy is just do much.

I love this game is one of the best simulation games but Take Two is just taking advantage for an extra buck.

what is wrong with the new EULA? I've seen people complain, but no easy to understand explanation as to why.

Edited by nascarlaser1

2 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

what is wrong with the new EULA? I've seen people complain, but no easy to understand explanation as to why.

I gives them the ability to sell your first name last name bank account geolocation and pretty much everything short of your birth certificate.

Just now, Cheif Operations Director said:

I gives them the ability to sell your first name last name bank account geolocation and pretty much everything short of your birth certificate.

Do you want me to cite it for you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.