Rendezvous

18 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

where do you get this?

I am not telling you to dock, with rcs or otherwise. perhaps you miss the meaning of the two words?

rendez-vous: bring the two ships close, and with similar speed.

docking: join the two ships together

I am telling you that before you join the two ships, you need to bring them close, so a docking guide will also discuss rendez-vous.

Anyway, if you also want to try docking (which i suggest, after you rendez-vous you may as well try), i also suggest you start docking small ships without rcs. rcs is an unnecessary complication, small ships dock perfectly without it and i never even felt the need for anything more while i was limiting myself to the 10-ton range. Now I am routinely docking 200-ton ships to 4000-ton motherships, and for those, rcs is needed. but it's an additional set of commands to learn, you may as well wait.

@VoidSquidgot my craft file and said that mines have a large range, he said that I need RCS

does the spacecraft still fly? if so, you can try normal reentry.

does that fail? use the alt-f12 menu to bring it to the ground. very few people wouldn't consider a kraken attack a legitimate reason to use the alt-f12 menu.

although, you tried to build a cheap command pod from a structural tube and a command seat instead of just using a normal command pod, perhaps you do deserve some kraken...

7 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

Whatever! I got a 1km distance from my station finally. What next?

Did you complete the rendezvous contract okay? I think it needs a certain distance between; and a relative velocity under a certain amount, to count.

8 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

a CREW have glitched out of a sturctural tube

As @Daveroski mention,the structural tube is not a proper crew holding part.  You need either of a crew cabin, command pod or external seat.

Well, it seems you already get close and now you want to transfer the crew.  First, get closer to the target, while also reducing the relative velocity between both crafts ( I will ask you to o take a look at the guides offered .If you still don't get it we may try to break it, but with the guide's images is usually easier than with just words)

When you have both craft within a few meter of each other and their relative velocity as close to zero as possible then you do the EVA transfer. That is pretty much like the docking part of the guide, you just are going for the crew hatch instead of the docking port.

You will need to press F to grab the ladder (and B to board) when you get close enough for it.

10 minutes ago, Anonymous49 said:

im talking about my space station.

It is not a glitch, it is a game limitation.

When you switch away from the station or warp time the game stop calculating the physics. Which includes Bob colliding with the structural tube.

The only way to prevent it from happening is to let him inside a crew cabin/pod or to strap him in a EAS-1_External_Command_Seat

16 hours ago, paul_c said:

Did you complete the rendezvous contract okay? I think it needs a certain distance between; and a relative velocity under a certain amount, to count.

my velocity is 214m/s and it went away in no time. (also i need to quicksave so bill kerman can be alive)

12 hours ago, Spricigo said:

As @Daveroski mention,the structural tube is not a proper crew holding part.  You need either of a crew cabin, command pod or external seat.

Well, it seems you already get close and now you want to transfer the crew.  First, get closer to the target, while also reducing the relative velocity between both crafts ( I will ask you to o take a look at the guides offered .If you still don't get it we may try to break it, but with the guide's images is usually easier than with just words)

When you have both craft within a few meter of each other and their relative velocity as close to zero as possible then you do the EVA transfer. That is pretty much like the docking part of the guide, you just are going for the crew hatch instead of the docking port.

You will need to press F to grab the ladder (and B to board) when you get close enough for it.

i temporary put them there so my crew could get in the command pods

and now how could i save bill

or how do I reverse time w/o quicksave/autosave

or shall I terminate him and let him respawn? Will it say K.I.A or missing in action

i mean bob kerman not bill kerman

ok so after many tries i finally got bob to grab a battery so he wouldn't float away. Anyways, he is one of the transfer crew so I guess he can stay there for a while. Just a question, would he fall off when i timewarp?

i got bob inside a command pod finally, but without SAS

i switched seats and got bob inside, but again i need crew inside the structural tube to do this

5 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

my velocity is 214m/s and it went away in no time. (also i need to quicksave so bill kerman can be alive)

I just did a few rendezvous' and they're not as easy as first appears! I don't know the criteria KSP ask for though. I've not seen the tutorials but I'd recommend you look at them. Obviously 214m/s isn't great, if you're looking at transferring a Kerbal via EVA or doing a docking.

5 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

or shall I terminate him and let him respawn? Will it say K.I.A or missing in action

I'd say he's lost - a rescue mission would be complicated at this stage. They appear as "lost" for a bit, then will respawn if you have that option turned on.

7 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

and now how could i save bill

or how do I reverse time w/o quicksave/autosave

don't bill have a jetpack? astronauts should have it by default. use the jetpack to go back into the command module

if you can't for some reason, use the alt-f12 menu

I am guessing with a closing speed of 214 m/s the orbits were very different. It should be possible with a bit of tweaking and patience (and not much wasting of fuel) to get the speed down to say 5-10, then rescuing a Kerbal using the jetpack is much easier (no long burns to equalise the speed and no danger of running out of fuel).

On 1/15/2021 at 5:19 AM, Anonymous49 said:

I obviously cannot do that by myself as I suck at it and don't understand the tutorials so

Try again untill You understund.

Again and again using tips that people wrote You here.

This game is all about those mechanics.

12 hours ago, Anonymous49 said:

For all game purposes the kerbal in the tube is not on board. Every time you warptime and every time this craft get outside the physics range (when you are at KSC, tracking station or a distant craft) the kerbal will just drift away.

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Why?   There should never be crew inside a structural tube.   Did you cover up a hatch with a tube?

Look at the tube, between a crew cabin hatch and the bottom of the ship.

Spoiler

OXlh2V8.png 

Beat me if it don't appear to be the perfect spot to hold a kerbal in EVA without the risk of drifting away.  Unfortunately it is not.

14 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Why?   There should never be crew inside a structural tube.   Did you cover up a hatch with a tube?

didn't, the structural tube is what i call a "temporary seat". crew getting out of a crew cabin will land on a structural tube. I have bob kerman grabbing on a battery where as ksp thinks that it is a ladder. so i cannot timewarp. All the "pressurized seats" INSIDE are filled. So no one could get inside the command pod, because Val is inside. Then why not let Val get into another seat in the crew cabins? Well, yeah, she did. And Bob got inside. But Val is a pilot and should be driving the command pod instead. And Bob is a scientist and should be inside the cabins. How to switch without really letting kerbals floating in space? I need a scientist who is inside to get out to a structural tube so that there is a empty space. Bob will transfer there, Val will go to the command pod, Bob will go to Val's empty space, the Scientist who is stuck outside could get inside1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.