Can i use eva construction to simply dump pieces?

i am using the kerbalism mod, where components can malfunction. a solar panel malfunctioned, in a way that cannot be fixed. at this point it's just dead weight, i may as well dump it. well, with eva construction i can move stuff around. detach it and reattach somewhere else. but i can't seem to find a way to just get rid of the thing - besides waiting all the way to tylo and attach it to the disposable first stage of the lander. is there any way to just get rid of the broken part?

P.S. it's a gigantor; i can move it around, but i cannot store it in the kerbonaut inventory

4 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Without starting the game I don't know the control but yes you can. I did out many many times while wrestling with orbital construction.

If you watch my recent video "Orbital Construction" you can see the key I used. I have a keyboard overlay on the screen as I play.

Link, please

4 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

Link, please

Sorry was on my phone earlier and youtube on phone is essentially unusable except to watch things.

Here's the episode. I drop and pick up a battery at about 28:45 and it looks like I just click, and that sounds right. Basically if you click to place the item but it's not snapped on something, you drop it.

(The title is a bit misleading because I decided to actually continue after this :D)

Edited by Superfluous J

10 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Sorry was on my phone earlier and youtube on phone is essentially unusable except to watch things.

Here's the episode. I drop and pick up a battery at about 28:45 and it looks like I just click, and that sounds right. Basically if you click to place the item but it's not snapped on something, you drop it.

(The title is a bit misleading because I decided to actually continue after this :D)

nice, it worked.

apparently, the reason i coulkd not make it work earlier is that i was trying to get rid of my panel by placing it well away from the ship, and that was farther than the game allowed me to place a part

35 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

apparently, the reason i coulkd not make it work earlier is that i was trying to get rid of my panel by placing it well away from the ship, and that was farther than the game allowed me to place a part

Yeah. I could be wrong, but I believe the max distance from your Kerbal you can move/place something is 7m.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.