this is an interesting story of when I pulled of the seemingly impossible

asap1

ok let's set the scene I am sending jebediah on a minmus mission for to complete several contracts (keep in mind this is early game I have basic rocket parts rcs no docking ports basic robotics etc.)the mission goes quite well until the my minmus return trajectory its's a straight up and down line. me being me says it will be fine, and goes ahead with the reentry plan I burn the rest of my stage above mun orbital height and decouple the stage the interesting thing is at this point it had enough delta v to cause me to start going back up hopefully lessening reentry. after my burn I make a quick save and go ahead with reentry and then heres when things go horribly wrong  I have made a fatal design flaw placing the heat shield on the science junior and not on the service bay. as my craft heats up and rapidly approaches the ground I decide to start spinning as this usually helps dissipate the  heat but to no avail my craft burns up in reentry. so how do we rescue jebediah hes on a suborbital trajectory from the quick save point and this is where I realize something he reenters the in the mountains near the desert airfield sadly the quick-save was made after last stage separation(quite stupid of me)so no using that, but his trajectory at the quick-save is directly above the ksc. at the quicksave point he has 3 hours to apogee. this is where I remember a rather interesting seemingly random piece of also seemingly useless information: a certain spacecraft (irl.) docks to the iss in around 3 hours (sorry cant remember name). heres the problem I have almost none of the required sas vectors and no docking ports or claw and jebs trajectory is suborbital. so how do I rescue him well here the interesting thing I have robotic parts his trajectory is directly above the ksc and if I could somehow "dock" to his craft with a large secondary heatshield and another stage with more chutes well jeb could in theory be rescued and thats just what I did."docking" suborbitaly was a major challenge once I had an encounter I needed to secure his craft using robotic parts to the heat shield and extra stage I did this by creating a scaled up robotic version of the claw with alligator hinges and structural pieces the next step was to wait as entering time or physical warp would cause the two craft to phase through each other causing eventual R.U.D when I hit the atmosphere not good so I waited quite a while and reentered the science junior was destroyed but the rest of the craft survived jeb lived another day  and I learned a lesson. 

thanks and yes sentences and punctuation is something I really do need to work on (I am bad at writing). 

I would also like this story to commemorate  the fact that many things seem impossible but can be done.

in addition a joke to Curveball Anders

On 6/19/2021 at 11:14 AM, Curveball Anders said:

It's like listening to someone who telling a story and doing so without breathing or pausing for 3 minutes

well what if your a free-diver?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.