TriOdysee Development Thread [Discontinued!]

TriOdysee.png

3 Gas Giants, dancing around a blue Star. Many new moons and Planets to explore and visit!

Dependencies:

Screenshots:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Download for 1.12:

https://spacedock.info/mod/2782/TriOdysee Dev release?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

THIS IS A DEV RELEASE AND A BETTER VERSION OF THE OLD THREAD

Edited by Norocketscience

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Some days are just weirder than others... 

Hide contents

ozrA2ZM.jpg

huh what. idk if this is a bug or just a random thing from that kerbal

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Some days are just weirder than others... 

Hide contents

ozrA2ZM.jpg

which version do you have?

1 minute ago, Norocketscience said:

which version do you have?

Hi! Oh this was 1.11.2 with Kopernicus from yesterday and your stuff downloaded today. I should explain more about the picture -- as you can probably tell, I cheated the craft to orbit of all the bodies, and just landed from low orbit. This was the 2nd moon I landed on, and both moons showed this really peculiar behavior: the ship lands on the surface, but the kerbal is not on the ground when they get out. They fall downwards until the ground, at stop at the ground, but they are very much in floating EVA mode, and the RCS jets are kinda stuck on since he can't right himself because he keeps hitting the ground. And in the picture, I've turned off RCS, so now he's just falling in the direction of gravity, but KSP hasn't registered him as being "on the ground" or the landed state or whatevs. First time I've ever seen this!

31 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hi! Oh this was 1.11.2 with Kopernicus from yesterday and your stuff downloaded today. I should explain more about the picture -- as you can probably tell, I cheated the craft to orbit of all the bodies, and just landed from low orbit. This was the 2nd moon I landed on, and both moons showed this really peculiar behavior: the ship lands on the surface, but the kerbal is not on the ground when they get out. They fall downwards until the ground, at stop at the ground, but they are very much in floating EVA mode, and the RCS jets are kinda stuck on since he can't right himself because he keeps hitting the ground. And in the picture, I've turned off RCS, so now he's just falling in the direction of gravity, but KSP hasn't registered him as being "on the ground" or the landed state or whatevs. First time I've ever seen this!

huh. i dont exacly now what error this is doing. i will look into my config and see!

7 hours ago, Norocketscience said:

sooo i did not find any errors. i definetly need help here…

Honestly,  I kinda feel like cheat to orbit might have some issues. Maybe there's something that happens when you naturally cross SOI's that doesn't happen when you plop into an SOI from the cheat menu, idk, I've just seen strange things with cheat to orbit in the past.  If I get some more time this weekend I'll try a few other things and get you some more info. I just thought the picture looked strange enough to share :)

16 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Honestly,  I kinda feel like cheat to orbit might have some issues. Maybe there's something that happens when you naturally cross SOI's that doesn't happen when you plop into an SOI from the cheat menu, idk, I've just seen strange things with cheat to orbit in the past.  If I get some more time this weekend I'll try a few other things and get you some more info. I just thought the picture looked strange enough to share :)

thanks! its almost summer vacation (6 weeks) so i have some time to spare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2021 at 6:56 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Sooi unfortunatley can't fix the error... Whatever that is i did not find any errors in my config... Semms like my only way is to rewrite the 2 configs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Soo i guess it‘s time for a Statement on my End :)

Soo, first of all, this mod will be my last and only one. it showed that i enjoy playing the modded game much more than i do coding extensions or mods for it. This doesn‘t mean this mod will never finish. The next days (I promise!!! if nothing happens…) i will roll out the (probably, veeery likely) last version of this mod. This update will include:
-the long awaited Terrain fixes on Kilada (i couldnt get rhoa to. work sadly…)
-A updated Zeus texture

-maybe more stuff thats half finished lol

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.