weird asteroid

1 hour ago, splashboom said:

Oh nice! It was going about 500m/s faster than most other fly-by asteroids I have seen. What do I do with its magicness?

Mine it for ore. Take it places and do science.

Just like any other asteroid.

Really it's just a moderately rare skin for asteroids. Nothing special except cool to look at.

• 1 month later...

This was a month ago, but I feel I need to add one more detail ..

Being a new player (less than 1yr) I assumed from all the Kraken banter that there is a feature in the game that spawns a fearsome monster is you are far enough in the game. So I didnt mean the asteroid is bugged - rather I thought I was finally picking up the trail of this mythical creature :o

Maybe there should be a mod that adds a Kraken to the game ..

50 minutes ago, splashboom said:

Being a new player (less than 1yr) I assumed from all the Kraken banter that there is a feature in the game that spawns a fearsome monster is you are far enough in the game. So I didnt mean the asteroid is bugged - rather I thought I was finally picking up the trail of this mythical creature :o

Any mod can tease the Kraken out of its hole!

On 1/19/2022 at 8:37 PM, splashboom said:

No spoilers, but try exploring Jool’s moons in some detail. You’d be terrified amazed by what you’ll find out there!

The whole “kraken” thing is for a few reasons: it begins with K (obligatory for Kerbal stuff!), it’s a scary monster that would attack ships and rip them apart in the age of sail (blame the rum…) and as a shorthand for all the various physics glitches that KSP had/has, it sounds better to blame a mythical monster than giving it a boring code-related name.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.