Where are KSP player statistics?

miklkit

After reading some KSP2 threads I'm interested in what players are doing in KSP.  What percentage of us are getting to the different planets?  What percentage are landing on them?  Things like that.

I've been searching, but finding nothing on player statistics.

20 hours ago, miklkit said:

After reading some KSP2 threads I'm interested in what players are doing in KSP.  What percentage of us are getting to the different planets?  What percentage are landing on them?  Things like that.

I've been searching, but finding nothing on player statistics.

Those are deeply guarded secrets of Squad. ;)

13 hours ago, Richy teh space man said:

There used to be a thing with signatures on here where we would post which planets we've reached/landed on. Guess thats lost to time though.

Maybe a poll would work instead?

Nah, anything without raw data from the game itself would be useless.   The forums are a collection of players who would naturally do more than the average player, the data would be very skewed.  

14 hours ago, Richy teh space man said:

There used to be a thing with signatures on here where we would post which planets we've reached/landed on. Guess thats lost to time though.

It's still there. However, it was and never has been an "official" part of the forum. You can find it here: https://www.kerbaltek.com. Follow the steps to create your ribbon rack that shows your Kerbol system accomplishments, and post the image link in your signature, as you would any other image link.

From what I've seen personally most players probably never make it to the Mun, much less Duna or Eve. I wouldn't be surprised if more than half never even make it into orbit.

That's just how it goes for most games though. Even if you look at a really popular AAA game with a shallow learning curve like Doom Eternal only 35% of players have finished the game, and only 81% have even finished the first level.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.