SSTO Crasher

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vdLBrtlBdORgWNPIneoxUFqrErngWgOX/view?usp=sharing

The save file

Please reserve a time to do the next post before you post it so that it does not end up in confusion. to use the file please follow these steps

1. Be on pc

2. make sure you are on 1.12.3

3. Download the file

4. Unzip the file

5. Open the file, and copy the first file you see into the ksp saves file

This just in!

An unidentified craft has been sighted near the Mun. All attempts to hail it have failed, save one.

"We are the advance guard of the Kappan Exploratory Fleet One, an Advanced D.A.R.T. Run, while you have the chance. We are coming under the Doctrine and our Heiress."

All communications halted seconds later. Before the nearby probe was destroyed, it took one photograph.

Spoiler

CJxVIVk.png

1 hour ago, Akagi said:

This just in!

An unidentified craft has been sighted near the Mun. All attempts to hail it have failed, save one.

"We are the advance guard of the Kappan Exploratory Fleet One, an Advanced D.A.R.T. Run, while you have the chance. We are coming under the Doctrine and our Heiress."

All communications halted seconds later. Before the nearby probe was destroyed, it took one photograph.

Reveal hidden contents

CJxVIVk.png

Gene: Interesting... I wonder what D.A.R.T. stands for?

Linus: I would've expected a big scary probe to be done by the Koviets rather than by the Kapanese-

KSC: -Kappanese!-

Linus: -Kappanese, thank you, since we didn't even know they had a space program, let alone one capable of getting a Munar flyby.

Gene: Perhaps D.A.R.T. stands for Destroyer Advanced Runtime plaTform.

FC1: We can't even run! If the Kappanese can put a weapon on a Mun flyby, they'd definitely know to put it on a polar orbit that is low over every place on Kerbin at least once!

Linus: We need to calm down! For all we know, the Kapanese-

KSC: -Kappanese!-

Linus: -Kappanese, thank you, are bluffing to cause panic.

Gene: Check for any gaps that could allow the Kappanese to launch any rockets unnoticed! Whatever a D.A.R.T. is, I don't want it anywhere near the station!

KSC: *saluting* Aye-aye, sir!

Gene: *grimly* Saluting time is over, boys. *cheerfully* Now who wants Mintmus Ice Creamtm!

Everyone: *simultaneously* Me!

On the D.A.R.T, Munar orbit

=======================================

*mechanical clunk*

*alarm blaring*

Adrin: There it is, that probe again. What should we do about it, Command?

Loemone: The radio isn't up. I closed the service bay on the port side, so it should be working soon, I hope.

Radio: *static* H-hello? Direct Assault Reconnaissance Transport Heavy Snakeskin Drum, come in. This is Kappa Command. Over. *static*

Adrin: This is Snakeskin Drum. We read you loud and clear. Over.

Radio: *static* Good. You have orders from the Emperor. Our spacecraft have gone undetected for five years. I'm calling on you to shoot down this Kamerican spy satellite before it finds out about the supercarrier. Over. *static*

Loemone: We'll wreck it on the next orbit by retracting its antenna. Fly away, and woosh - it's dead. For our log, who is this? Over.

Radio: Hmm. I thought you would know my voice.

Radio: This is the Heiress to the Kappan throne, Akagi Suzuki. Over and out.

Starbase Alpha, the Kappan launch site. 

Chapter Three: Emergency!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PA: All hands, ready the Class A clamps!

Itsuki Suzuki: *laughs maniacally* Soon, we will be the rulers of the Kerbal race! Slaves to tend to our every need! Isn't that right, precious daughter?

Akagi: *about to cry* You - you don't have to do this! Why would you take over?

Itsuki: Why would I do this? For power! I am godspoken! It is my right to rule the world!

*Akagi pulls a radio out of her robe* Seems like I've won. I just broadcasted this to Kamerica. I'm leaving. 

Itsuki: *shocked* You were faking?!

Akagi: Goodbye. Forever.

Akagi and her friends, three other nobles, run to a nearby Velociteze and take off.

~several hours pass, the plane is low on fuel~

Akagi: Come in, KSC! Do not shoot! 

KSC: Stay away, Kappan scum!

Akagi: The Kappans plan to attack from orbit tomorrow! Ready your defenses!

KSC: How do we know you're not the attack? Osprey fighter jets, attack!

Akagi: Aaargh!

*plane crashes*

Hansted Kerman: Alright, I'm back with some genuine Minmus frozen Ice Cream. Whadidi miss?

Linus: Why'd you shoot them out of the sky! We could've taken them in for questioning!

Gene: How will we get the entire population of the KSP far enough away from what will presumably be a 'Rods from God' attack?

FC4: Perhaps we could pull out a warp dr-

Gene: No warp drives! Even if I was willing to allow them, they've been made illegal since The Incident!

Linus: We could try luring them away with unmanned rovers, drones, and motorbikes. Or, we could send up an interceptor missile. We have a prototype Wau I in the VAB, ready to be put on the crawlerway.

Hansted: *yelling* WHAT DID I MISS!

Linus: Well, Akag-

FC5: -Kappan scum-

Linus: -i Kerman warned us an orbital attack was to be launched at the KSC, and someone *Glares at FC5* shot down her plane using the experimental interceptor grid that was not ready for use in real situations.

Hansted: What if we put the interceptor grid in space?

Also, @Akagi, can you share the .craft file for the D.A.R.T., so that Space Dogfights can occur? If you need help, I'll help with building the functional parts of the D.A.R.T and the KES Nippon (not decoration, though).

It's on Steam, I found it and removed the landing gear. As soon as I can find it, I'll beam you a link!

(will edit it in here)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Gene: Everybody calm down! 

FC5: *laughs* It was me! I shot her down!

*rustling at the door, everyone turns and looks*

Medic 1: The Kappan's vital signs are stable. She's lost a lot of blood, but before she blacked out, she gave me this. *holds out recorder*

Gene: Hmm. *presses play*

"Itsuki Suzuki: *laughs maniacally* Soon, we will be the rulers of the Kerbal race! Slaves to tend to our every need! Isn't that right, precious daughter? Akagi: *about to cry* You - you don't have to do this! Why would you take over? Itsuki: Why would I do this? For power! I am godspoken! It is my right to rule the world!"

Gene: Ready the weaponry- wait, what? *presses rewind*

FC5: I'm not letting her!

FC3: I say we let her go.

Gene: I think we have a plan. Ready a Wau rocket for intercept with the KES Nippon so Akagi can hijack it!

*2001 theme begins playing*

(I'm going to need an image of a Wau rocket)

Somewhere in a frozen archipelago far, far away, in an underground drone command center, a technician by the name of Linus returns from his bathroom break and freezes at the sight of his screens. They're swarming with alerts, one after the other flicking by in rapid succession, all red and yellow and exclamation marks.

(!) Possible foreign warships in orbit

(!) Reports of mass weaponry fired please standby for verification

(!) Domestic mobilization detected, please standby

"Um," Linus manages after a moment. His eyes are glued to the screens, but he manages to stretch out a hand and nudge his coworker Aliya. "What's all this?"

"Some foreigners are in orbit, I think."

"What?" Linus spares her a glance. She's sipping cocoa from a mug and watching the alerts slide by with one eyebrow raised. "Foreigners?"

Aliya shrugs. "Off-world. Military. We're still confused, but High Command has the North Sea assets mobilizing. They dispatched two major fleets literally twenty seconds ago."

Major fleets? Linus groped for his chair and sat himself down. What on Kerbin is going on?

(!) Gamma Fleet North reports full operational capacity

(!) Attention - all North Sea personnel please standby for possible action

(!) Intercepted message - possible impending orbital attack in equator - KSC Region - verification pending

"You should get your controls ready," Aliya says, voice cutting through the stream of messages. Linus takes a few moments to process the words, but once he does, his actions are quick and rehearsed. He swallows and reaches for his headset, yanks it down over his face, checks the straps, boots up his visor interface. Levers flick on; he pushes buttons, taps his nav to life. Aliya forces down the rest of her cocoa and rubs her hands together. She blows into them.

"It's cold."

Linus says nothing.

Five minutes later they have received a mobilization order and their jets are in the air.

Edited by Earthlinger

i can't do that

i tried BDA once and my computer crashed until i removed it

my solution? swivelable firework cannons

they are easy

also, the nippon's weapons consist of D.A.R.T.s, which have stock missiles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.