I wonder how many solar system would be in KSP2

48 minutes ago, Maria Sirona said:

You know what could be fun? Having a limited amount of unique handcrafted planets, which are given random generated places around random generated stars. 

I think they're having fun with the stars, too.  And on purpose.  I expect they'll have a binary system (Deb-Deb?), a Red Dwarf system, a young Kerbol-Twin system, and maybe something interesting like a Blue or Red Giant - rather than just boring yellow glowing placeholders for the system gravity well. 

56 minutes ago, Maria Sirona said:

You know what could be fun? Having a limited amount of unique handcrafted planets, which are given random generated places around random generated stars. 

Yeah, like unique handcrafted ball of ice randomly placed at Moho-ish distance from randomly generated red supergiant.

Edited by The Aziz

Just now, Maria Sirona said:

OK, we can make it an algorithm that takes this to account, not just a random-generator

Then it's easier, and faster to just place them manually rather than working on an algorithm.

9 hours ago, stephensmat said:
13 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

I'm not sure what you're saying.

The enormous interstellar distances are many times more than in-system distances. KSP1 has limits on how fast you can warp when close to atmosphere, because you need to be able to slow it down again before you crash.

If travelling to another system in KSP2 is a long-LONG flight, then maybe being outside the system will let you speed up to another level. 10,000X when you go from planet to planet, 500,000X when you go from star to star.

I know? I still don't get why you're telling me this. I said "Making interstellar distances real scale would be odd", not "making interstellar distances real scale would be bad because of time warp limits". I never even said 100,000x would be max warp in KSP 2. I said it would just be odd, not that there would be technical problems with it.

1 hour ago, Maria Sirona said:

Please no procedural generation beyond terrain gen. Procedural generation, as we've already learned, is not a good way to make things interesting. Completely handcrafted games are better 100% of the time.