[1.9.x - 1.12.x] BDArmory Plus (BDA+) v1.6.11.0 [2024-02-22]

DocNappers

Is there a way to configure turrets to have less accuracy? Like slow down their turn rate or angular acceleration?

I want to be able to have the equivalent of interwar or WWII turrets on aircraft and ground vehicles without them being a death ray.

16 hours ago, Pds314 said:

Is there a way to configure turrets to have less accuracy? Like slow down their turn rate or angular acceleration?

I want to be able to have the equivalent of interwar or WWII turrets on aircraft and ground vehicles without them being a death ray.

The pitch and yaw speeds are in the turret configs, so you can just apply a MM patch to adjust them or copy the part config and make your own variants. Similarly, the fire rates and accuracy (maxDeviation) are in there and can also be adjusted.

Upgrading from 1.5.9 to 1.6.2 I started having a glitch with the airborne laser. When activated, it doesn't actually unfold or fire, it just moves around facing backwards. Anyone else had this issue?

Also, is there any chance of any new radar being added? Seeing an AN/MPQ-53 would be super cool. I've put a lot of time into building some good SAMS and unfortunately my PAC/3 never seen to be able to lock onto more than the first cruise missile. Being able to have a fully functional anti ballistic missile battery would be super cool, unfortunately the radars just can't keep up with all the targets.

This mod has brought a lot of fun back into ksp for me, thanks to everyone who's working on it!

7 hours ago, CoventryBlitz said:

Upgrading from 1.5.9 to 1.6.2 I started having a glitch with the airborne laser. When activated, it doesn't actually unfold or fire, it just moves around facing backwards. Anyone else had this issue?

Yep, something seems to have gone wrong with it... I'll look into it.

7 hours ago, CoventryBlitz said:

Also, is there any chance of any new radar being added? Seeing an AN/MPQ-53 would be super cool. I've put a lot of time into building some good SAMS and unfortunately my PAC/3 never seen to be able to lock onto more than the first cruise missile. Being able to have a fully functional anti ballistic missile battery would be super cool, unfortunately the radars just can't keep up with all the targets.

That seems like something suitable for BDArmory-Extended. You can make a request there and hope one of the devs that do modelling makes it.

Hi everybody. I haven't been here for a long time...
Version 1.6.x is pretty good when compared with the previous ones. It can be seen that the work is in full swing

I have a bunch of ideas for improvements + have questions. It would be better if the author writes to me in the bos, I don't want to spoiler

30 minutes ago, Ilya_G said:

I have a bunch of ideas for improvements + have questions. It would be better if the author writes to me in the bos, I don't want to spoiler

Feature requests and issues can be reported on the github repository here (where they hopefully won't get lost). General questions are probably best asked here where others with knowledge can also provide answers or others with the same question can get those answers. If there's something that you'd rather not be public though, then you can DM me and I'll try to answer.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm aware BDArmory isn't necessarily fully functional in LunaMP, this is more of a post to see if anyone has a workaround/setting/configuration for:

When spawning in another craft while another is near/flying around KSC (or x.SpawnZone at the end of the day), the camera will switch very quickly to the ship taking off then very quickly swap back to the original craft that was flying. This ultimately causes both crafts to go out of control or eaten by the kraken even if on autopilot. Is there any way to adjust the automatic camera switching on spawns? The "auto enable vessel-switching" setting does not seem to have an effect on this which makes sense as I don't think it's intended for this but still worth noting that I've tried that.

Hi, I am encountering a bug  with the latest versions of BDA. Guard mode cant fire missiles at air targets when using a missile turret on the ground. The radar locks the target and the turret follows the target but it never fires. The log is spammed with following error everytime guardmode tries to fire.

[ERR 17:06:50.841] Module MissileFire threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BDArmory.Control.MissileFire.SetTarget (BDArmory.Targeting.TargetInfo target) [0x001a9] in <380f5b47ebf144abaec4a3988a7ec3e7>:0 
  at BDArmory.Control.MissileFire.SmartFindTarget () [0x004a9] in <380f5b47ebf144abaec4a3988a7ec3e7>:0 
  at BDArmory.Control.MissileFire.GuardMode () [0x002b9] in <380f5b47ebf144abaec4a3988a7ec3e7>:0 
  at BDArmory.Control.MissileFire.OnFixedUpdate () [0x0004b] in <380f5b47ebf144abaec4a3988a7ec3e7>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x000bd] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 

The problem occurs in a fresh install with the latest version of BDA as well. Wondering if it is a known bug or something? 

On 6/18/2023 at 6:14 PM, gohemis said:

When spawning in another craft while another is near/flying around KSC (or x.SpawnZone at the end of the day), the camera will switch very quickly to the ship taking off then very quickly swap back to the original craft that was flying. This ultimately causes both crafts to go out of control or eaten by the kraken even if on autopilot. Is there any way to adjust the automatic camera switching on spawns? The "auto enable vessel-switching" setting does not seem to have an effect on this which makes sense as I don't think it's intended for this but still worth noting that I've tried that.

How are you spawning the craft (via BDA+'s VM, the vessel spawner window, via the original VM mod, something else?) and under what conditions (is a competition running, is vessel-switching active, etc.)? Providing a KSP.log file would help in figuring out what is happening.

Generally, if the craft being spawned has an EVA kerbal, then KSP automatically switches to it; this can't be avoided at the moment (something internal to KSP is doing it, not BDA). This shouldn't make a craft lose control or get eaten by the Kraken though and neither should any of the other methods for spawning craft in BDA+.

The auto-enable vessel-switching is for automatically enabling the vessel-switching when competitions start (i.e., it enables the A on the vessel switcher window).

On 6/20/2023 at 6:28 AM, Wolf123 said:

Hi, I am encountering a bug  with the latest versions of BDA. Guard mode cant fire missiles at air targets when using a missile turret on the ground. The radar locks the target and the turret follows the target but it never fires. The log is spammed with following error everytime guardmode tries to fire.

I'm not able to reproduce this on BDA+ v1.6.3.0. A Jernas turret on a surface vessel with AMRAAMs (Aim-120) will happily fire them at a circling plane in my tests. Can you provide more details on how you're triggering this and a full KSP.log file that can be analysed (you can submit a bug report at https://github.com/BrettRyland/BDArmory/issues)?

Edit: I'm seeing these errors showing up in a different situation and am looking into it.

Edited by DocNappers

Hey! First off, great mod continuity, I really like the new targeting logic with the missiles

A few questions however:
1. Does maxOffBoresight actually work? It seems to me that even if I set it to 200 and heatThreshold to 10, the IR seeker does not track.
2. Does uncagedLock actually slave the IR seeker to radar?
3. What's the difference between AugProNav, ProNav, and AAM?

On 6/26/2023 at 1:18 AM, ExMachina said:

Hey! First off, great mod continuity, I really like the new targeting logic with the missiles

A few questions however:
1. Does maxOffBoresight actually work? It seems to me that even if I set it to 200 and heatThreshold to 10, the IR seeker does not track.
2. Does uncagedLock actually slave the IR seeker to radar?
3. What's the difference between AugProNav, ProNav, and AAM?

1. Yes, but I'm not sure I can answer the question properly if you don't give me more of an explanation or an example of what you mean by "does not track".  If you mean it doesn't lock when before you launch it, by default if uncagedLock = false, so if you're launching against an air target and the launch vehicle is in the air the max launch angle is 0.35 * maxOffBoresight. If it's true, or the vehicle or the target are landed/splashed then it's 0.75 * maxOffBoresight. If you're still not getting lock, are you close enough? Is the target facing you or flying away from you? If you've got lock and it's not tracking the target after launch, does the target have flares etc.? Flares are fairly effective right now against IR missiles, and the AI uses them pretty effectively.

2. Yes.

3. AAM is lead guidance, I.E. the missile calculates a lead based off of the current position of the target and its velocity and tries to point in that direction. It generally can hit targets, especially with the stock BDA missile configuration files and it's fairly insensitive to tuning, but it's also prone to undershooting and isn't that good against targets that are flying more perpendicular to the missile. ProNav and AugProNav, or proportional navigation and augmented proportional navigation are two commonly used guidance laws for missiles. They're pretty good, however they are much more sensitive to good tuning, I.E. having too high maxTorque, steerMult and/or pronavGain values can result in the missile doing a "twitching" motion as it over-corrects, then tries to correct for the over-correction etc. The explanation for how they work can get quite lengthy, I'd recommend this playlist on YouTube for a more thorough explanation: 

Edited by BillNyeTheIE

• 2 weeks later...

The bug I encountered long ago in KSP v1.4  times is still there with BDA+ .  Docking a craft equipped with ECM or chaff dispenser to another craft with larger partcount (so the bigger craft becomes a parent) causes this error:

[ERR 12:07:32.593] Can't remove Vessel (Script) because VesselChaffInfo (Script) depends on it

When the craft is undocked the game creates it's clone clipped inside it and they explode crashing the game due to insane velocities of flying debris.

The easiest way to reproduce is to dock two stock Crater Crawlers (they dock pretty well) equipped with ECM or chaff dispensers. Or throw some random parts to the first Crawler to increase it's partcount so it becomes a parent vessel after docking and dock with another one equipped with countermeasures.

If both ECM and chaff are present this error will show up

[ERR 17:15:57.181] Can't remove Vessel (Script) because VesselChaffInfo (Script), VesselECMJInfo (Script) depends on it

Edited by Manul

so does the irst pod help heat seekers to lock on long range targets (e.g. r-27et from smi missile launchers launched at 15km)? i tried to play around with the detection curves and it doesn't seem to detect heat from front and rear aspects beyond 11 km, even with full burners on.

Edited by ExMachina
incorrect launch range

19 hours ago, Manul said:

The bug I encountered long ago in KSP v1.4  times is still there with BDA+ .  Docking a craft equipped with ECM or chaff dispenser to another craft with larger partcount (so the bigger craft becomes a parent) causes this error:

[ERR 12:07:32.593] Can't remove Vessel (Script) because VesselChaffInfo (Script) depends on it

When the craft is undocked the game creates it's clone clipped inside it and they explode crashing the game due to insane velocities of flying debris.

The easiest way to reproduce is to dock two stock Crater Crawlers (they dock pretty well) equipped with ECM or chaff dispensers. Or throw some random parts to the first Crawler to increase it's partcount so it becomes a parent vessel after docking and dock with another one equipped with countermeasures.

If both ECM and chaff are present this error will show up

[ERR 17:15:57.181] Can't remove Vessel (Script) because VesselChaffInfo (Script), VesselECMJInfo (Script) depends on it

That's quite a game breaking bug! I'll look into it.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:04 PM, Rakete said:

Sooo today I fiddled around with configs and got a working laser guided clusterbomb based on the one that comes stock with BDA+. No new models (since I am no 3D modeling artist) - just added functionality. No plugins needed - just BDA+.

So maybe someone here like to have that fun too, so here is the config. No credits to me needed. Also the others from the BDA-Team may adopt the configs into in their mod or just leave it. Just sharin' some of my results of messing around with configs.

Focus was not RL-equivalents - just new gameplay toys to have fun with.

Just put in a cfg folder where the clusterbomb is... 

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
//
//

// --- general parameters ---
name = bahaClusterBombLaser
module = Part
author = Rakete

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_attach = 0.0, 0.25, -0.1, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.25, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = precisionEngineering
entryCost = 350
cost = 300
category = none
bdacategory = Bombs
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = CBU-87L laser-guided Cluster Bomb  //CBU-87 Cluster Bomb
manufacturer = #loc_BDArmory_agent_title  //Bahamuto Dynamics
description = This laser-guided bomb splits open and deploys many small bomblets at a certain altitude.  //This bomb splits open and deploys many small bomblets at a certain altitude.
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.467
dragModelType = none
maximum_drag = 0.03
minimum_drag = 0.03
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
	{
	  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = CBU-87L

thrust = 0 //KN thrust during boost phase
	  cruiseThrust = 0 //thrust during cruise phase
	  boostTime = 0 //seconds of boost phase
  	  cruiseTime = 80 //seconds of cruise phase
	  guidanceActive = true
  	  maxTurnRateDPS = 20 //degrees per second

decoupleSpeed = 2
	  deployAnimationName = deploy
	  deployedDrag = 0.03
	  deployTime = 0.2

explModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/explosion

useSimpleDrag = true
	  simpleCoD = 0,0,-2
	  simpleStableTorque = 5
	  rndAngVel = 0.7

missileType = bomb
	targetingType = laser
	maxOffBoresight = 75
	homingType = AGMBallistic
	optimumAirspeed = 300

aero = true
	liftArea = 0.004
	steerMult = 4
	maxTorque = 8

engageAir = false
	  engageMissile = false
	  engageGround = true
	  engageSLW = false
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = BDExplosivePart
		tntMass = 15
	}

MODULE
	{
	  name = ClusterBomb

deployAltitude = 700
	  deployDelay = 2.5
	  submunitionMaxSpeed = 20
	  swapCollidersOnDeploy = true

subExplModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/explosion
	  subExplSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/subExplode
	}

}

Here also a bit more fun stuff as result of my fiddeling around. A tactical 3kt-nuke based on the MK82. Just put into the Mk82Bombbrake folder in a cfg-File. Playing around with that toy was kinda fun. But don't use them on a slow biplane, even if they have airbrakes.

PART
{
//
//

name = bahaMk82BombBrakeTN
module = Part
author = Rakete

mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

node_attach = 0.0, 0.1365, -0.1287, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1365, 0.15, 0, 1, 0, 0

entryCost = 300
cost = 125
category = none
bdacategory = Bombs
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = Mk82TN Bombe 'SnakeEye TN' //Mk82 SnakeEye Bomb
description = Unguided tactical nuke with Airbrake for drops from low altitude. 
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.227
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.02
minimum_drag = 0.02
angularDrag = 1
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = Mk82 SnakeEye TN

guidanceActive = false
  blastRadius = 40 //meters
  blastPower = 25

decoupleSpeed = 2
  deployAnimationName = deploy

deployedDrag = 0.15
  //deployedDrag = 0

deployTime = 0.55
  explModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/explosionLarge

useSimpleDrag = true
  simpleCoD = 0,0,-2
  simpleStableTorque = 5
  rndAngVel = 2

missileType = bomb
  homingType = none

engageAir = false
  engageMissile = false
  engageGround = true
  engageSLW = false
}

MODULE
{
	name = BDModuleNuke
	thermalRadius = 600 //clamps AoE to a max of this distance
	yield = 3 // yield, in kilotons
	fluence = 10 //thermal bloom modifier, reduce for less toasty nukes
	isEMP = false // does this generate an EMP
	reportingName = W-10 Warhead //weapon name that appears in competition log
	//initial flash
	flashModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeFlash
	//shockwave
	shockModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeShock
	//fireball
	blastModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeBlast
	 //mushroom cloud stalk
	plumeModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukePlume
	//ground scatter
	debrisModelPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeScatter
	 //sound
	blastSoundPath = BDArmory/Models/explosion/nuke/nukeBoom
}

}

Also here, if you need a final boom and mange to get into the target area: A pretty standard nuke based on the JDAM. Just put it into a cfg. in the JDAM folder of BDA.

PART
{
//
//

name = bahaJdamMk90N
module = Part
author = Rakete

mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

node_attach = 0.0, 0.1779008, 0.2834791, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1779008, 0.2834791, 0, 1, 0, 0

entryCost = 1800
cost = 600
category = none
bdacategory = Bombs
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = Mk90N JDAM nuclear bomb //Mk83 JDAM Bomb
description = GPS-guided nuclear bomb. Use with greatest caution. //1000lb GPS-guided bomb.
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.460
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.02
minimum_drag = 0.02
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = Mk90N JDAM

dropTime = 1 //how many seconds after release until guidance begins
  guidanceActive = true

explSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/explode1

missileType = bomb
  DetonationDistance = 0
  targetingType = gps
  optimumAirspeed = 300

aero = true
  liftArea = 0.004
  steerMult = 4
  maxTorque = 8

engageAir = false
  engageMissile = false
  engageGround = true
  engageSLW = false

}

MODULE
{
	name = BDModuleNuke
	thermalRadius = 3000 //clamps AoE to a max of this distance
	yield = 150 // yield, in kilotons
	fluence = 450 //thermal bloom modifier, reduce for less toasty nukes
	reportingName = W-30 Warhead //weapon name that appears in competition log
	//initial flash
	//shockwave
	//fireball
	 //mushroom cloud stalk
	//ground scatter
	 //sound
}

}

And here also a little scaled down tactical nuke as a JDAM. Just make a cfg-file in the JDAM folder and put this in:

They might nicely work with the rotating bomb racks for the storage and the upcoming keyboard button assignment for cycling through gps-targets, that @DocNappers said would be implemented.

PART
{
//
//

name = bahaJdamMk88TN
module = Part
author = Rakete

mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 0.75

node_attach = 0.0, 0.1779008, 0.2834791, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1779008, 0.2834791, 0, 1, 0, 0

entryCost = 1800
cost = 600
category = none
bdacategory = Bombs
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = Mk88TN JDAM taktische nukleare Bombe  //Mk83 JDAM Bomb
description = GPS-guided small tactical nuclear bomb. Use with caution!  //1000lb GPS-guided bomb.
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

mass = 0.250
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.02
minimum_drag = 0.02
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
  name = MissileLauncher

shortName = Mk88TN JDAM

dropTime = 1 //how many seconds after release until guidance begins
  guidanceActive = true

explSoundPath = BDArmory/Sounds/explode1

missileType = bomb
  DetonationDistance = 0
  targetingType = gps
  optimumAirspeed = 300

aero = true
  liftArea = 0.004
  steerMult = 4
  maxTorque = 8

engageAir = false
  engageMissile = false
  engageGround = true
  engageSLW = false

}

MODULE
{
	name = BDModuleNuke
	thermalRadius = 600 //clamps AoE to a max of this distance
	yield = 3 // yield, in kilotons
	fluence = 10 //thermal bloom modifier, reduce for less toasty nukes
	reportingName = W-10 Warhead //weapon name that appears in competition log
	//initial flash
	//shockwave
	//fireball
	 //mushroom cloud stalk
	//ground scatter
	 //sound
}

}

You may change the names, since they are not related to real world things. If not liked, just scrap it... or have fun with these configs.

does the explosion scale with the yield?

can you perhaps add sliders to change bullet/laser color (or have different teams in a competition have different bullet colors) and grey/yellow (U.S. Navy color for bombs) variants of the Mk82, Mk82 Snakeye, and Mk83 JDAM?

second, how would I, if possible, get a rocket fired from the surface have a more ballistic trajectory? I'm trying to use the H70 turret just as a baseline to see what firing angle works best that would also work with pods, but when I aim it at any angle not parallel to the surface, the rockets don't curve as much as I'd expect or want them to.

lastly, what would the code look like for an AGS (Airborne Ground Surveillance) radar?

Edited by Kerbal410

There are a few things that confuse me when it comes to some of the documentation on the github wiki (and in the part files) for missiles. The wiki doesn't seem to document everything, then depending on which file you look at, the notes next to each parameter say different things. I guess some questions:

• Does maxTurnRateDPS limit the missile's turning performance itself? Or is it just used by the AI?
  • Is optimumAirspeed the top speed of the missile ignoring the launch platform's initial speed?
  • How specifically does steerMult affect the performance of the missile? It kind of seems like an arbitrary parameter from how it's described.
  • If I wanted to have a maximum G overload like a lot of missiles tend to have, is it possible to do that with the settings right now? I was guessing it might have something to do with maxTorque but I'm not really sure how I'd convert that.
  • How does torqueRampUp work? Is that the increase in torque per second or something?
  • Is it possible to create a missile that has a caged seeker before launch, but uncages after launch? Something like the early Sidewinders.
  • What exactly does uncagedLock do? I figured it just allowed radar slaving, but
    • I can radar slave my missiles even if they don't have uncagedLock = true
    • Some of the documentation also suggests that it allows for LOAL for heatseekers, which seems like an entirely different thing.
  • Is there a way to make missiles more or less susceptible to chaff in different aspects? So missiles like the R-3R are very susceptible to chaff, but the Sparrow requires beaming/notching to make chaff effective.
  • Lastly, when making new missiles, is there a quick and easy way to test them? The current process I have is quite time consuming.

Some of BDA's weapons are not very realistic, and while that's fine I wanted to try my hand at making them more realistic, but a lot of this stuff is rather confusing haha. Some clarification would be great.

Edited by BrawlerAce

On 7/16/2023 at 12:39 PM, BrawlerAce said:

There are a few things that confuse me when it comes to some of the documentation on the github wiki (and in the part files) for missiles. The wiki doesn't seem to document everything, then depending on which file you look at, the notes next to each parameter say different things. I guess some questions:

• Does maxTurnRateDPS limit the missile's turning performance itself? Or is it just used by the AI?
  • Is optimumAirspeed the top speed of the missile ignoring the launch platform's initial speed?
  • How specifically does steerMult affect the performance of the missile? It kind of seems like an arbitrary parameter from how it's described.
  • If I wanted to have a maximum G overload like a lot of missiles tend to have, is it possible to do that with the settings right now? I was guessing it might have something to do with maxTorque but I'm not really sure how I'd convert that.
  • How does torqueRampUp work? Is that the increase in torque per second or something?
  • Is it possible to create a missile that has a caged seeker before launch, but uncages after launch? Something like the early Sidewinders.
  • What exactly does uncagedLock do? I figured it just allowed radar slaving, but
    • I can radar slave my missiles even if they don't have uncagedLock = true
    • Some of the documentation also suggests that it allows for LOAL for heatseekers, which seems like an entirely different thing.
  • Is there a way to make missiles more or less susceptible to chaff in different aspects? So missiles like the R-3R are very susceptible to chaff, but the Sparrow requires beaming/notching to make chaff effective.
  • Lastly, when making new missiles, is there a quick and easy way to test them? The current process I have is quite time consuming.

Some of BDA's weapons are not very realistic, and while that's fine I wanted to try my hand at making them more realistic, but a lot of this stuff is rather confusing haha. Some clarification would be great.

1) It's just used by the AI, EXCEPT for RCS missiles

2) It's a speed used in guidance calculations, it should be set to around the cruise speed of the missile, doesn't really have to be that exact.

3) steerMult affects how hard a missile steers, it's analogous to the P in a PID controller.

4) You could, but it'd be kind of difficult to do, you'd need a combination of steerMult, maxAoA and maxTorque to get anything that approaches a max G overload.

5) Missiles start with a 0 torque limit immediately after launch and ramp up to maxTorque at a rate of torqueRampUp torque/s.

6) Yes, just set uncagedLock = false, the missile is limited to 0.35 * maxOffBoresight while on the rail, once off the rail it can use the full maxOffBoresight. There is no current way to specify the on-rail maxOffBoresight independently.

7) uncagedLock = true increases that 0.35 * maxOffBoresight to 0.75 * maxOffBoresight and allows for cueing the missile on targets that are outside of the seeker's FOV prior to launch.

8) Not as of yet, I do plan on eventually working on radar notching being a thing and beaming making chaff more effective but it's not currently a feature of the mod.

9) Apart from loading the game up and firing them? Not really, it's why I allow for in-game adjustments of loft guidance parameters since that can take a while to tune.

BDA weapons are generally made with stock aerodynamics and stock engagement ranges in mind, they're also made with gameplay rather than realism as the focus. The main thing that makes the missiles in particular unrealistic is the lack of fuel burn (which is a feature of the mod now) and the ridiculously powerful motors. Also, all the missiles use "aam" guidance rather than "pronav" which leads to it being a lot easier to defeat them, swaping them over to "pronav" and fixing the tuning on them (they'll generally need lower maxTorques and steerMults) will go a long way to improving their "realism".

8 hours ago, BillNyeTheIE said:

The main thing that makes the missiles in particular unrealistic is the lack of fuel burn (which is a feature of the mod now) and the ridiculously powerful motors.

AIM-120 has about 20km/s of dV in a vacuum :D  Could be a nice interplanetary ballistic missile if the IPBM targeting system would ever exist.