What was your funniest moment in KSP?

RSpace

What moment in your time playing KSP made you laugh the most?

Mine was probably realising the randomness of past me trying to make an SSTO, which I somehow got into a very elliptical 'orbit' (Rather, what past me thought was an orbit) until I timewarped for a bit until I reached periapsis and the music stopped suddenly. I went out of the map view, only to see that my craft was deorbiting! Luckily no rapid unplanned disassembly occurred. (This was when I only used sandbox mode)

Edited by RSpace

I was doing an EVA science experiment in orbit where the Kerbal spins a wingnut to demonstrate the intermediate axis theorem. As I jetpacked the Kerbal back to the command pod, I accidentally rammed the Kerbal's head into the wingnut which sent it flying directly into a solar panel and broke it! I was not expecting that at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Funniest moment was when I was trying to get a Voyager-like probe through all of Jool's moon's.  I had a NERV stage to do most of the work then just RCS on the probe itself.  While approaching Tylo, my daughter's cat decided to take an interest in my space bar, leaving me with just the RCS a few seconds before I was planning on a course correction with the NERV.  Instead of a grand probe tour of every moon, I had enough monoprop to capture around Tylo

During a Minmus mission, when my craft moved out of the shadow, I surprisingly found that there's only 1 solar panel on the lander! Luckily, I finished the mission in time, or the poor val is gonna starve because I installed Snacks. 

On 1/11/2023 at 9:33 AM, Cavscout74 said:

Funniest moment was when I was trying to get a Voyager-like probe through all of Jool's moon's.  I had a NERV stage to do most of the work then just RCS on the probe itself.  While approaching Tylo, my daughter's cat decided to take an interest in my space bar, leaving me with just the RCS a few seconds before I was planning on a course correction with the NERV.  Instead of a grand probe tour of every moon, I had enough monoprop to capture around Tylo

Yeah, cats are very curious about computers. 

And you did that using RCS? THAT WAS AWESOME! 

14 hours ago, Abel Military Services said:

During a Minmus mission, when my craft moved out of the shadow, I surprisingly found that there's only 1 solar panel on the lander! Luckily, I finished the mission in time, or the poor val is gonna starve because I installed Snacks. 

Yeah, cats are very curious about computers. 

And you did that using RCS? THAT WAS AWESOME! 

Thanks but it was more like it was a small probe rather than I was awesome.   It was built as a Voyager-style probe using parts from the Probes Plus mod by @akron and had several RCS thrusters intended to be used for maneuvering.

I'm somewhat familiar with the stuck on Minmus running out of power in the dark hoping the Snacks last.   I was using a Pomegranate or Onion pod on a lander once and accidentally hit space when getting ready to head back to orbit, staging away the pod to land a few meters from the rest of the lander.  Had to hurriedly slap together a rescue and head for Minmus.  I was on crumbs when the rescue mission landed - and that only because I moved the spare snack storage off the lander & attached it to the pod with KAS

Edited by Cavscout74

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.