All significant changes to the Kerbolar System:

Minmus Taster

If you want to to remain spoiler-free until release then don't open this tab, you have been warned!

Spoilers ahead, KH3 mini game | Kingdom Hearts Amino

Spoiler

Most of this posts information comes from this video:

Moho = Moho is now even more cratered than before, it seems to have a large one on it's southern hemisphere. Oh and it's also tidally locked now, perhaps there is ice on the dark side? And there are some reports I've heard about the famous Mohole being moved from the north pole. Though I have heard it is somewhere on the planet

Eve = Eve has purple clouds covering the whole planet, it's actual surface seems to be a more greyish-brown color as we've seen from previous sneak-peeks. It's oceans aren't made of rocket fuel anymore, now they are composed of liquid sulfer.

Gilly = Not much to say about Gilly, it has craters now but that's about it.

Kerbin = Kerbin has less jagged mountains now as well as better plant life and an overall more interesting surface. It also has a lovely cloud system!

Mun = The Mun has been changed quite a bit, it now looks more like our moon with one side covered in ancient lava flows and the other being more mountainous.

Minmus = Minmus was rather infamously changed to a ceramic (glassy) moon instead of an icy one. It also sports some nice looking craters.

Duna = Duna has been totally redone. There are areas pockmarked with craters and areas that look like they were once covered in ocean. The ice caps are smaller and aren't as visible as in the first game.

Ike = Ike is now a volcanic moon though there hasn't been an eruption for quite a while. This probably explains why the moon doesn't have many craters on it.

Dres = A brand new planet for the system! Dres has nothing in common with it's former self. It's covered in craters and half of the planets surface is covered in soot whereas the rest looks icy. It sports a fair amount of axial tilt now as well. Oh and did I mention that THEY GAVE DRES A RING!!!  It also sports a mountain ridge where the ring slowly falls to the surface. Overall a massive improvement from the original.

Jool = Jool hasn't changed much, it has a nice cloud system now but other then that it's the same as the first game.

Laythe = Laythe has a cloud system now. It also has more crater shaped islands which will make landing a little less frustrating but still challenging.

Vall = Vall remains mostly the same on the side of the moon facing into space. It's jool facing side is warmed by radiation and is more mountainous due to cryovolcanic activity. A very interesting change!

Tylo = Oh my Jeb where do we even start? This moon went from one of my least favorite places to one of the most striking locations in the game as of now. It looks like a painting, the moons is now various shades of dirt brown with canyons and craters that add blotches of other colours. Amazing improvement from the ugly mess in the first game.

Bop = Loving Bops new crater and I'm probably going to be quoting "What did Bop cross your path" to oblivious people for a very long time.

Pol = Wow. I always liked Pol but in this game it looks amazing. Not sure about how an object the size of an asteroid on the fringes of the system is spewing out volcanic materials and radiation but very cool!

Eeloo = Eeloo has better cliffs and craters now, I also noticed it has quite a bit of axial tilt. Should be more appealing for a visit.

Planet 8 = Just kidding, there is no planet 8 (?)

9 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

If you want to to remain spoiler-free until release then don't open this tab, you have been warned!

Hide contents

Moho = Moho is now even more cratered than before, it seems to have a large one on it's southern hemisphere. Oh and it's also tidally locked now, perhaps there is ice on the dark side? And there are some reports I've heard about the famous Mohole being moved from the north pole. Though I have heard it is somewhere on the planet

Eve = Eve has purple clouds covering the whole planet, it's actual surface seems to be a more greyish-brown color as we've seen from previous sneak-peeks. It's oceans aren't made of rocket fuel anymore, now they are composed of liquid sulfer.

Gilly = Not much to say about Gilly, it has craters now but that's about it.

Kerbin = Kerbin has less jagged mountains now as well as better plant life and an overall more interesting surface. It also has a lovely cloud system!

Mun = The Mun has been changed quite a bit, it now looks more like our moon with one side covered in ancient lava flows and the other being more mountainous.

Minmus = Minmus was rather infamously changed to a ceramic (glassy) moon instead of an icy one. It also sports some nice looking craters.

Duna = Duna has been totally redone. There are areas pockmarked with craters and areas that look like they were once covered in ocean. The ice caps are smaller and aren't as visible as in the first game.

Ike = Ike is now a volcanic moon though there hasn't been an eruption for quite a while. This probably explains why the moon doesn't have many craters on it.

Dres = A brand new planet for the system! Dres has nothing in common with it's former self. It's covered in craters and half of the planets surface is covered in soot whereas the rest looks icy. It sports a fair amount of axial tilt now as well. Oh and did I mention that THEY GAVE DRES A RING!!!  It also sports a mountain ridge where the ring slowly falls to the surface. Overall a massive improvement from the original.

Jool = Jool hasn't changed much, it has a nice cloud system now but other then that it's the same as the first game.

Laythe = Laythe has a cloud system now. It also has more crater shaped islands which will make landing a little less frustrating but still challenging.

Vall = Vall remains mostly the same on the side of the moon facing into space. It's jool facing side is warmed by radiation and is more mountainous due to cryovolcanic activity. A very interesting change!

Tylo = Oh my Jeb where do we even start? This moon went from one of my least favorite places to one of the most striking locations in the game as of now. It looks like a painting, the moons is now various shades of dirt brown with canyons and craters that add blotches of other colours. Amazing improvement from the ugly mess in the first game.

Bop = Loving Bops new crater and I'm probably going to be quoting "What did Bop cross your path" to oblivious people for a very long time.

Pol = Wow. I always liked Pol but in this game it looks amazing. Not sure about how an object the size of an asteroid on the fringes of the system is spewing out volcanic materials and radiation but very cool!

Eeloo = Eeloo has better cliffs and craters now, I also noticed it has quite a bit of axial tilt. Should be more appealing for a visit.

Planet 8 = Just kidding, there is no planet 8 (?)

I loved all of the new additions; they're really giving our beloved planets some real personality!

Yah I'm spoilering this as well

Spoiler

I can see why no planet 8. It's either not going to happen or it's a stepping stone to interstellar and with no Orion drive yet there may have been no point. 

Also no mohole! How do you loose something like that?

That said love the changes 

Edited by Drakenred65

7 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Hide contents

The fact that they chose liquid sulfur for Eves ocean is interesting because sulfur is yellow, the exact opposite of purple, and the oceans of Eve are very purple now. Unless.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_sulfur_bacteria

1 minute ago, Strawberry said:

The fact that they chose liquid sulfur for Eves ocean is interesting because sulfur is yellow, the exact opposite of purple, and the oceans of Eve are very purple now. Unless.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_sulfur_bacteria

It could be Eve's sky makes it look purple but it's fun to hope :/ 

7 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

It could be Eve's sky makes it look purple but it's fun to hope :/ 

Maybe, honestly I doubt its life but liquid sulfur isn't nearly as transparent as water so I dont think it would reflect the sky as well? I assume theyve thought out a solution to make Eve purple and I wonder what that is, the clouds are semi semilar to iodine gas (though they appear to be brighter then iodine) so they could have gone with that idea. 

Liquid Sulphur - Liquid Sulfur Manufacturer from Ahmedabad

Edited by Strawberry

I like all the changes they made, but I think Eve should have total cloud color, a la Venus. I also love the “cloud palace” formed by the two layers of clouds added in the EVE volumetric clouds mod. I don’t know why they didn’t add multiple layers of clouds, especially if a one-man modding team did it, and did it well (in my opinion the EVE new vol clouds look better than KSP 2 ones). Just my 2c.