Cannot Load/Start Campaigns. Freeze at "Pumping Sim Once"

MerlinCH65

Well - I filed a refund - I can play every game even demanding ones like MSFS 2020, Star Citizen, you name it. This thing is... not ready for prom tbh. No time to go through the hustle for a 50 USD title. For that price it has to work out of the box. I'll wait and see once the roadmap has been implemented. 

"Pumping Sim Once"
Whatever that means, that is where the game stops loading.
And when I restart, the new game is not created, I start all anew and get stuck on a same place.
CPU load drops to minimum, disk activity for KSP2 is zero, nothing happens for 15 minutes already.
No, it is not slow, it is frozen.
And there is no visible way to send a crash report from the game either.
I guess, developers should include watchdogs that would notify them when the game crashes.
It's XXI century, after all, when you release software, it is supposed to work :(
And IMHO, early access does not mean, it won't even start. It means not all features are there yet.

I was able to solve it! In my case in the Nvidia control panel I've set the PhysiX configuration to "Automatic (recommended". Then I was able to create a new campaign, build and launch a vessel.

My machine has a UHD 620 and a "proper" GPU, albeit just fulfilling the minimum requirements . That might have complicated things. At least I can play now, although performance sometimes is poor (10fps at launch of a small craft).

While attempting to land on the Mun, I experienced a game-breaking bug that caused my throttle to permanently lock. 

1) Burn retrograde to decent down to surface
2) Speed up timewarp to x2 speed
3) See "throttle locked while above 1x speed" notification that won't go away, even if I slow down timewarp back to 1x speed
4) Deactivate engine (causes this issue to go away, but...)
5) SAS goes awry, and my craft spins faster-and-faster-and-faster even though SAS is on and my NavBall is locked on retrograde. 

For the record - I submitted this bug on the feedback form + screenshot. I've had a great experience so far w/ minimal bugs other than some graphical oddities, but this is the 1st one I've come across that has completely ruined a flight. 

1 minute ago, SoulCandy said:

While attempting to land on the Mun, I experienced a game-breaking bug that caused my throttle to permanently lock. 

1) Burn retrograde to decent down to surface
2) Speed up timewarp to x2 speed
3) See "throttle locked while above 1x speed" notification that won't go away, even if I slow down timewarp back to 1x speed
4) Deactivate engine (causes this issue to go away, but...)
5) SAS goes awry, and my craft spins faster-and-faster-and-faster even though SAS is on and my NavBall is locked on retrograde. 

For the record - I submitted this bug on the feedback form + screenshot. I've had a great experience so far w/ minimal bugs other than some graphical oddities, but this is the 1st one I've come across that has completely ruined a flight. 

Yup that seems to be a thing for now

I tried just booting the KSP2_x64.exe  and that doesn't work, uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted laptop, and waited, nothing has worked for me yet.   I was really looking forward to this game, so hopefully a work around comes out soon.  I hate when people use early access as an excuse to release software that doesn't work.