Cannot Load/Start Campaigns. Freeze at "Pumping Sim Once"

MerlinCH65

If your vessel is spinning faster and faster try turning SAS off.

Often SAS can get jittery and the only fix is a quick off and on again which usually smoothes it right out.

Also maybe it’s just due to playing KSP while it was still Alpha but I wouldn’t do any important burns in time warp.  Usually a burn to achieve orbit on the Mun isn’t that long.

When I try to create a save for the first time, the loading screen gets stuck on the "Pumping Sim Once" stage and will not go past it. What is causing this and what should I do? The audio cuts in and out but stays on predominantly, so I assume that means it is TRYING to load something but is not able to.

Screenshot-2023-02-27-182609.png

If you have the game on Steam, try verifying the game files? Maybe something wasn't installed correctly

1. Right click the KSP 2 game from Steam
  2. From the drop down menu, select. Properties
  3. Select the. Local Files
  4. Wail for the files to verify and relaunch the game to see if it helps

Hello. Hope it could help. Sometime, game is correctly runs, sometime "pumping sim once" crash.

I put logs when working and logs when crashing.

[2 log file outputs snipped]

Edited by James Kerman
2 log file outputs snipped

Welcome to the forum @jmbenito71, you have not done anything wrong it's just that posting really large text blocks like that causes issues for the forum software and members trying to view the content. Please upload your output files to a service like google drive or drop box and then link to them here in the forum. We apologize for any inconvenience.

On 26/02/2023 at 09:19, AussieRich said:

J'ai trouvé une solution pour moi. Je l'ai vu sur cette vidéo youtube. Étape 3 contourner le lanceur. Ça a marché. J'espère que cela aidera certains d'entre vous.

extra ca marche !

merci

Mono path[0] = 'E:/Spel/KSP2/KSP2_x64_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'E:/Spel/KSP2/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Initialize engine version: 2020.3.33f1 (915a7af8b0d5)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path E:/Spel/KSP2/KSP2_x64_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
d3d11: CreateDXGIFactory2(...) not found, fallbacking to CreateDXGIFactory1(...).
d3d11: QueryInterface(IDXGIFactory5) failed (80004002).
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (ID=0x1b80)
    Vendor:   
    VRAM:     8077 MB
    Driver:   30.0.14.7411
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in  0.086 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.
New input system (experimental) initialized
XInput1_4.dll not found. Trying XInput1_3.dll instead...
<RI> Input initialized.
d3d11: QueryInterface(IDXGISwapChain2) failed (80004002).
<RI> Initialized touch support.
UnloadTime: 0.451303 ms
[System] Loading new LoggerFilterSettings
[System] ******* Log Initiated *******
Version Info: 0.1.0.0.20891
Command Line Args:E:\Spel\KSP2\KSP2_x64.exe
Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 329)
UnloadTime: 1.151095 ms
[UI] Primary EventSystem Selected: 'GameManager'(instance id: 205062)
[UI] Localization sources updating
[UI] Localization sources updating
[System] Set Loading Optimizations completed in 0,0009s.
[System] Creating Game Instance completed in 0,2271s.

Unloading 253 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 16824.
Total: 15.038456 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.676457 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.551840 ms MarkObjects: 13.657242 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.152172 ms)

AssetProvider unable to find asset of type 'UnityEngine.GameObject' and key of 'ConsoleDebug/ControlButton.prefab'.
AssetProvider unable to find asset of type 'UnityEngine.GameObject' and key of 'ConsoleDebug/ControlNumericField.prefab'.
AssetProvider unable to find asset of type 'UnityEngine.GameObject' and key of 'ConsoleDebug/ControlLabel.prefab'.
AssetProvider unable to find asset of type 'UnityEngine.GameObject' and key of 'ConsoleDebug/ControlDropList.prefab'.
AssetProvider unable to find asset of type 'UnityEngine.GameObject' and key of 'ConsoleDebug/ControlCheckbox.prefab'.
AssetProvider unable to find asset of type 'UnityEngine.GameObject' and key of 'ConsoleDebug/ControlHorizontalSlider.prefab'.
DontDestroyOnLoad only works for root GameObjects or components on root GameObjects.
WwiseUnity: Wwise(R) SDK Version 2021.1.10 Build 7883.
WwiseUnity: Setting Plugin DLL path to: E:/Spel/KSP2/KSP2_x64_Data\Plugins\x86_64
WwiseUnity: Sound engine initialized successfully.

This is from the player.log if it says anything. My game stops responding right at the start of the loading screen every time.

On 2/24/2023 at 5:03 PM, komplexRS said:

Got past "Pumping Sim Once" by lowering game graphics settings. Was finally able to get the game to load by cutting down some of the game graphics settings to Med and also lowering resolution. Got into the VAB and started building but it crashed about 8 parts in. System is i7, 2070RTX, 16GB RAM and 1+TB free SSD space. Should be more than adequate to run this.

This solution helped for me! Thanks a lot!

Hi , i buy the game last friday and i cant play because always in the charge screen they get crashed when appears pumping sim once.

I buy in the page , no in steam.

Please some help..  some mod o action i can use?

On 2/24/2023 at 2:06 PM, SneakyDoge said:

I tried just booting the KSP2_x64.exe  and that doesn't work, uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted laptop, and waited, nothing has worked for me yet.   I was really looking forward to this game, so hopefully a work around comes out soon.  I hate when people use early access as an excuse to release software that doesn't work.

Yep there are like 11 different fixes for different issues but i did every one of them and nothing.... crazy my specs are at the recommend (slightly better) specs so not sure what is going on?

1 hour ago, CoolSpace said:

Do we have any idea if this will be fixed in a comming patch or update?

I honestly don't understand how much longer we can wait for this patch. I I think for such a problem it was already possible to find a solution to make a mini fix? Still unplayable. Only alt+tab on load sometimes helps.  Crashes occur with D3d11 problem ( Can't load texture and object. There are already many similar logs thrown here, some of course are different, but the essence is the same. I have two PCs with the same problem. And even if you can pass through this "firewall" all that you can get  10-20fps

I had this same problem and noticed something peculiar in my logs, at the very end it says.

[ERR 18:20:38.117] Failed to read raySmapleCount data.

is this a typo or is this what it is supposed to say?