Extra-Vehicular Activity - EVA does not work

Daas

• KSP Version 0.1.0.0.20892
  • Operating System Windows 11 ( 22621.1265 - Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0)
  • CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
  • GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB ASUS
  • RAM 32GB
  • Description of the bug
    • I couldn't get the kerbals out of the capsule. Under no circumstances. I would click on the green (EVA) icon in the upper right corner and nothing would happen (except for some rapidly changing writing in the upper left corner)
  • Steps to Replicate
    • I couldn't replicate
  • Fixes:
    • I was only able to EVA after deleting the AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games folder and repair files on steam.
    • Attention! This will erase your campaign, your saves and your settings.
Edited by Daas

@Mitchz95
So... In order not to lose your current campaign, try deleting all the folders inside 'AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games'
with the exception of the 'AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Saves' folder. Then repair via Steam. Then tell us if it worked.

Won't be deleting any files, not being able to Eva is probably making the game more stable.in game there's no glitches or crashes so don't really wanna change anything after hearing of some problems people are having

On 3/1/2023 at 3:49 AM, Daas said:

@Mitchz95
So... In order not to lose your current campaign, try deleting all the folders inside 'AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games'
with the exception of the 'AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Saves' folder. Then repair via Steam. Then tell us if it worked.

Worked for me thanks .

On 3/3/2023 at 12:42 PM, MechBFP said:

I believe the main cause of this issue is if you set your max debris in settings to 0. Kerbals are considered Debris, so if that is set to zero then Kerbals can't EVA.

I can confirm this, at least on my end. I raised the setting above zero and now I can EVA again.

On 3/3/2023 at 6:42 PM, MechBFP said:

Kerbals are considered Debris, so if that is set to zero then Kerbals can't EVA.

ROFL! It helped. That is... nope, no further comment. xD