When do you think the next updates will be? By this I mean the next couple of bug fixes and then the roadmap releases. There is no wrong answer!

Currently I predict the first update sometime next week or the following (early March) and then a second patch late March or the beginning of April.

Then I think Science will be added in the Summer (July or September)

Then Colonies in the Winter of 2023 (December)

I sadly don't think Interstellar will be added until 2024, realistically speaking. Same for the second "Exploration" update which I predict in late 2024

Thoughts?

I was pretty confident, pre-release, that each step on the roadmap would be about 2 months apart, and that we'd see 1.0 before Jan 1, 2024:

Given the current state of the game, though, I'm way less confident. I still feel like a 2-3 month cadence would make sense, but I don't even think we'll get the first step on the roadmap until the major extant bugs are resolved. I'm hoping that, six months from now, we can all look back on this initial release and laugh, and that the roadmap steps will then start being rolled out with that same few-month cadence I had predicted. So, based on nothing but gut feel, I'd guess we get Science in the fall, Colonies by 2024, Interstellar by spring 2024, Exploration by summer 2024, and Multiplayer by fall 2024.

I'm absolutely not betting anything on that timeline being even close to correct, though.

25 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I was pretty confident, pre-release, that each step on the roadmap would be about 2 months apart, and that we'd see 1.0 before Jan 1, 2024:

Given the current state of the game, though, I'm way less confident. I still feel like a 2-3 month cadence would make sense, but I don't even think we'll get the first step on the roadmap until the major extant bugs are resolved. I'm hoping that, six months from now, we can all look back on this initial release and laugh, and that the roadmap steps will then start being rolled out with that same few-month cadence I had predicted. So, based on nothing but gut feel, I'd guess we get Science in the fall, Colonies by 2024, Interstellar by spring 2024, Exploration by summer 2024, and Multiplayer by fall 2024.

I'm absolutely not betting anything on that timeline being even close to correct, though.

Oh right yeah, I forgot about multiplayer! But I agree about laughing about this in the future, I hope that happens

For me I'd say it'll be 2025 or late 2024 at best

I used to be a lot more confident with how the game will be released, but after years if delays and then getting the game in this state, I lost that confidence

I hope I'm wrong though and this is all ready by 2024

i expect at least everything stickied in the bug thread to be top priority bugs and to be fixed or at least partially remediated by the first patch. seeing as there are only 6 or 7 things there, id also expect a lot of minor easy to fix bugs and maybe some tuning of structural part settings to make things a bit less wobbly. 

i suspect a few rapid fire patches and then later move into a more regular patch cycle. however the fact that a patch has yet to hit a week later is cranking up the suspense. it could be on a when its done schedule, or perhaps they gave the team a week off after the crunch time of getting it out. for now im on a 'let them work the problem' state of mind. im not sure what the right amount of community interaction is, but the wrong amount is none. 

Edited by Nuke

I suspect that merely fixing the existing bugs and improving performance (two highest-priority tasks the devs have mentioned) will take at least 3-4 months. Then each step in the roadmap will probably take about 6 months, so that the game will be more or less feature-complete in 2025 or 2026. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the features wouldn't be implemented in the end (e.g. multiplayer, which requires massive changes to the game). It sounds pessimistic, but remember how many times the initial release has been postponed. I just hope the development won't be abandoned before the game is solid.

Given what I've seen of some internals (game files stuff) , and my personal experience in the industry, (in regards to how sprints work, etc) I very much expect quarterly large updates and bi-weekly to monthly updates. Just my personal experience and speculation here, but I'm thinking around about a year to a max of two years to see the project "Finished".

18 hours ago, RayneCloud said:

Given what I've seen of some internals (game files stuff) , and my personal experience in the industry, (in regards to how sprints work, etc) I very much expect quarterly large updates and bi-weekly to monthly updates. Just my personal experience and speculation here, but I'm thinking around about a year to a max of two years to see the project "Finished".

I hope you're right. This sounds acceptable and good!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.