Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Well The Day was interesting. It had it's highs, but far more lows. Perhaps Doctor Banner was not the best choice for pilot.

The look on Doctor Banner's face seems forboding.

3KCp2rB.png

Jeb did not help his disposition

5W6N3CL.png

EohIhoz.png

O4YXQPO.jpg

This beauty screams like she looks but does not maneuver worth a flip. The Rum Runner has three levels of wings which still could not tame a tendency to flip back first in good turns. SSTO duty only for this girl. It blazes to space in nothing flat.]

QQ1yzBu.jpg

rGA8dO2.png

Mmmmm.. Yeah.....

xzLkqBo.jpg

CkacDp7.jpg

Working on Shuttles. I'm close, but each design has something that will require serious adjustments.

VVeQkPY.jpg

Edited by sumrex

Turns out Jeb has been to the snack room without my permission. Again! This isn't working - he has to go. My Kerbal whacking powers are ready, but I am a merciful overlord, and I will offer Jeb a final chance to save himself. All he has to do is to answer a simple question.

DvUHsNg.png?1

All he has to do is to point out the flag of Poland.

Pretty epic stuff going on down at Marathon International in Kerbin City: the first test flight of the MI-EFW-1 Series Electric Plane is about to get underway!

The Crew:

Jebediah (Left) and Miltny (Right) Kerman will be handling this test flight.

Y8NQlkU.png

The Vehicles:

On left is the MI-EFW-1P itself, a fully electric plane. It is very distinct in its design and coloring, so you can't miss it on the runway. Coming in at a measly 4.23 tons, its takeoff speed is about 20m/s!

On the right is the EFW Maintenance and Support Vehicle prototype. Since the EFW itself does not have power generation, the MSV serves as a mobile recharging station as well as boarding gantry, since the EFW also doesn't have any ladders.

Note: the original EFW Prototype, EFWS-1P, was equipped with a lot of solar panels on the wings. It is now on display in the Kerbin City International Airport. This design was scrapped because of the cost and weight of the solar panels (we wanna make this practical to use, after all).

Jeb Boarding the EFW

5VyvJ88.png

I like this part since he gets to crawl around on the back of this very cool electric plane after using the boarding gantry.

Overview

Trce4RE.png

A better look at the EFW and MSV. The design team has already identified some critical upgrades needed. These include fixed action groups, struts to secure the battery pack, and default settings for the front wheel steering and brakes. Honestly, I'm ecstatic that this ship works as well as it does already! The MSV you see here is the first iteration with the docking port, same with the EFW itself, and they snapped together like a charm!

Some Background

This set of crafts is my most proud accomplishment so far. It tests my precision in building (made easier by using SPH mockups), rover construction skills, plane construction skills, and piloting skills. It's worked phenomenally so far and I'm proud it's done so well.

Mods Used

Kerbal Aircraft Expansion

Kerbpaint

Tweakable Wheels (by yours truly!)

Edited by OrbitusII